Verizon Wireless

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Warrendale, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2012.

Interview Details – Online application, recruiter called, 2nd recruiter called... then hired. Took about 2 weeks for the process.

Interview Question – Explain how you were able to acknowledge failure to your customer.   Answer Question

Warrendale, PA

Interview Details – Online application followed by three interview phone calls. Questions regard successes, challenges, desires. Behavioral.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you dealt with a customer yelling at you, how did you change that.   View Answer

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in September 2013.

Interview Details – Call from a recruiter within hours of applying online. She did a quick 10 minute interview asking pretty basic questions:
Why Verizon?
Why this position? Etc.

She said she liked me and wanted to move forward with the process which was an job assessment at the call cente two days later
The assesment was a basic computer and listening skills test. Typing speed, multitasking skills, listening skills, etc. Very basic, nothing to panic about. I'd say a high school freshman could pass it.

They tell you on the spot if you passed or not. Then they said someone from HR would be contacting me to set up a phone interview. She called the day I passed the assesment and set up the phone interview for the following day.

The phone interview was all situational questions. Applying past work experience to the job and adapting your knowledge to the job. Use past experience from college, jobs, sports, anything that you can to relate to the question

For instance: tell me a time you dealt with an irate customer, how you handled it, how the problem was solved, and what the outcome of everything was.

After that interview she set me up with a face to face with a supervisor for the following day and it was a cake walk. Same situational questions and very laid back.

Interview Question – None. Honestly I Was shocked by the lack of random questions most employers will throw at you.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

TeleSales Interview

Orangeburg, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2013.

Interview Details – Was simple for me because of referal and my work history.Applied online,got called back in 2 hours.2 phone interviews,a 1 on 1 at the office a few after on a Friday.That following Monday got the job offer pending drug and background.

Straight forward process but from what I understand I pretty much got lucky.

Interview Question – None,have tons of Call Center and TeleSales experience.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Verizon Wireless

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!

Verizon Wireless Videos

Verizon Wireless – Why Work for Us?

Verizon Wireless is....YOU. Our customers. Our suppliers. The communities we serve. Our employees. We are a company that is truly a reflection of the world around us: diverse, high-energy, inquisitive, moving forward… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Verizon Wireless Telesales interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Verizon Wireless employees and interview candidates.