Verizon Wireless

Relevance Date Difficulty

Data Analyst - Messaging Department Interview

Data Analyst - Messaging Department
Walnut Creek, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in December 2012.

Interview Details – Phone Interview - One on one interview with direct report. Fairly easy interview. Discussing back ground and future goals. Asked common interview questions and tried to determine if I would be a good fit for the company.

In person interview: Met with the Associate Director and Direct report. Very tough interview. Lasted about an hour. Asked tough questions and were very technical.

Interview Question – Asked what my process would be to reach a resolution for an unrelated problem. This required me to think on the spot and I was unable to prepare for this.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Network Design Engineer Interview

Network Design Engineer
Walnut Creek, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in February 2007.

Interview Details – I was very impressed. The people were proffessional and seemed happy. There seemed to be good chemestry between co-workers. The office was clean but a little dated. The interview process was organized and the interviewers came prepared. I first interviewed with the hiring manager over the phone. When I went for the face to face I was taken to a conference room where there were 2 other Engineers and the hiring manager. They asked technical questions, as well as questions about past accomplishments, current projects and asked to describe a project I failed at.

Interview Question – Detail a major project you failed at.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – It was a contract to hire and I am currently a permanent employee. As muchh as I was interested I have a family and could not give up the security and benefits of the perm position at that time. if it were a year earlier maybe, but not to sound like a know-it-all I was leary because of where I saw the conomy heading (Feb 2008).

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!

Verizon Wireless Videos

Verizon Wireless – Why Work for Us?

Verizon Wireless is....YOU. Our customers. Our suppliers. The communities we serve. Our employees. We are a company that is truly a reflection of the world around us: diverse, high-energy, inquisitive, moving forward… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Verizon Wireless interview questions and advice in Walnut Creek, CA. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Verizon Wireless employees and interview candidates.