Verizon Wireless

Updated Nov 6, 2014

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Release Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2014.

I graduated with a computer science degree, and someone from school said that there was a position open at Verizon Wireless for someone like me. I applied for the job thinking it would involve development, but it ended up being an IT job. I was not very interested in the job. They saw that I didn't want to do IT so the interview kind of just faded out.

Interview Questions
    • There were no technical questions, they were just asking about my previous work.   Answer Question

Senior Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

technical phone interview, then technical face to face

Interview Questions
    • what view can be used to look back at a past performance problem?
      They also want to know recovery techniques and RAC.
      All Oracle unless it's a SQL Server position.

View Answer
    none

IT Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless in February 2014.

applied for 100's of position in Verizon, Warren. Most of the employees/ consultants are from India who speaks Telugu, Since I am an Indian Christian, will never get an interview from this company....People will be getting hired in this location based on the language and caste, etc no diversity

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in October 2012.

Very Long asked many questions on What would you do If.

Entry-Level IT Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, NJ

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2011.

Was contacted by a senior IT recruiter at Verizon for a entry level position project management. Phone interview was a 5-10 minute basic interview discussing interests, experience, and future goals. A couple of days later i was contacted by HR to come in for an interview. I was interviewed by a group of 5 people who were a team of analysts. The interviewers were welcoming and made me feel comfortable. We discussed some projects I have worked on in detail and describing difficult obstacles that came along and how they were managed. I was contacted about 2.5 weeks later through e-mail with no offer. All in all, it was a very positive experience.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2008.

I was interviewed 3 times each lasting for an hour. All the 3 times i had a panel interview with 3-4 people asking me questions on different areas randomly. SQL, JAVA, SDLC. I get that it was more of a Business Analyst role but the interview was from a Technical developer asking me questions on Java developing and other more of a developer kinda role questions. It would have been good if it was more focused on an analyst role. Though i was able to answer all their technical questions and even after being considered for 2 other roles as Business analyst by the same people on panel it was tough walking up till there getting interviewed liked grilled by them in areas outside of a BA role and end up waiting for their next call to come for one more round.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to write some SQL queries which i was fine with but i was asked to write a code in Java which i thought was not upto my level.   Answer Question