Verizon Wireless

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2014.

Interview Details – 1st Phone Interview: The interviewer asked standard interview questions. For example: What made you apply for this position? What is your sales experience and qualifications?

2nd Interview: Very similar to phone interview. There were questions like: What is your sales experience? Where do you see yourself in 10 years from now within the company (say something about being in the company)? Why should you be hired for this job?

Tip: During the in-store interview, be conscious of how you present yourself. Meaning maintain good eye contact, listen carefully, speak in a professional manner, etc.

Interview Question – Just make sure when they asked you "Where do you see yourself in 10 years" that your answer has something to do with working for the company. They ask this question because they want to make sure you don't quit in a short amount of time.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No. I didn't try to negotiate.

Senior Sales Representative Interview

Senior Sales Representative
Laurel, MD

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2009.

Interview Details – 2 Phone screenings/interviews, 2 in store interviews, offer came over the phone. As they will tell you when you are finally accepted into training, they only take 3% of their applicants into the interview process. Make sure not to bomb and remember how "lucky" you were to be considered.

Interview Question – Very by the book "STAR" related type interview. In store management will definitely try to intimidate you in the interview setting to see how easily you fluster. Try to stay consistent and not get too emotional.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was non negotiable, Commission structure is awesome if you get in a busy enough store to be able to exploit it.

Entry Level IT Position Interview

Ashburn, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details – Applied online. Was asked to complete a phone interview. Phone interview was very brief and didn't think anything would come of it. A few weeks later they contacted me to come onsite to participate in 2 1:1 30 minute interviews. Very laid back, they just want to see what you are interested in and if you have a good personality.

Interview Question – Very typical questions. Just be confident when explaining your answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotitation

Customer Service Coordinator Interview

Laurel, MD

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online, it only took 3 days to receive and email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of basic questions about my resume and online application, the interview ended with Star technique of questioning. I was told that I should hear something within 7-10 days. I got an email in 5 days stating I was not chosen.

Interview Question – How would you handle a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Woodbridge, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2011.

Interview Details – Started with several phone interviews and then you are sent to a store for a "managerial interview". All interviews were not very intimidating and everyone seems very pleasant. However, after receiving my first offer letter they decided to change the job I was applying for to Sales instead.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Silver Spring, MD

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2011.

Interview Details – long process: 3 tests, 2 interviews conducted over the phone, role playing questions.

Interview Question – what do you have to offer the company?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – another job opportunity

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Retail Sales Representative
Rockville, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online, then within a max of two days I received an email that said that they were interested in interviewing me further, they also provided som details of the position and the company credo to dowload and review prior to the interview... I had to reply via email to set up a time for a phone interview. That same day I got a call back from a "scheduler" , to set up my first phone interview. My advice before the phone interview is to research, research, research, also review the credo and incorporate that in your phone interview. Also make sure you have at least on phone app, you would like to talk about and how you would sell it to someone...I'm about 95% sure you will get hat question. Once you get through that you will then be scheduled for another interview face to face with the store manager of the store you applied. For me it seems that the culture of the store is very close knit and competitive.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had a stressful situation, and how you delt with it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating, they told me the salary which was 25,300 base, during the phone interview.

ARSO Interview

ARSO
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2009.

Interview Details – The company has a very slow interview process.

Interview Question – Name a time when....   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – too little $$

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!

Verizon Wireless Videos

Verizon Wireless – Why Work for Us?

Verizon Wireless is....YOU. Our customers. Our suppliers. The communities we serve. Our employees. We are a company that is truly a reflection of the world around us: diverse, high-energy, inquisitive, moving forward… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Verizon Wireless interview questions and advice in Washington, DC . All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Verizon Wireless employees and interview candidates.