Vermont Energy Investment

Updated Jan 1, 2015
Updated Jan 1, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at Vermont Energy Investment

Program Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Vermont Energy Investment.

The most unprofessional interview experience I have ever had. It was so breathtaking it made wonder is the VEIC even a real organization?

I applied for a program assistant position with the VEIC in conjunction with the DC Sustainable Utility. I received an e-mail shortly thereafter for a phone interview. The first time it was scheduled nobody called. As someone who already works in a faced-paced office, I found it totally understandable that something came up and they would have to reschedule.

I reached out and had a second phone interview scheduled. That time, I was shocked when nobody called from the DC office a second time. I reached recruiter who seemed unfazed by the level of her and her office unprofessionalism.

At that point, I pulled the plug and asked to be removed from future consideration. Interviews cut both ways, and while I never did get to talk to someone, I got a pretty good glimpse at how unorganized the VEIC is. I kind of wouldn’t be surprised to read about them in the news in some kind of scandal, but I do wish them the best of luck.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT
    Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vermont Energy Investment in July 2011.

I found the interviewer to be abrupt and rude. I was well prepared and enthusiastic about the opportunity to interview, yet my enthusiasm and interest was quickly lessened by the almost cocky approach of the HR representative. I felt rushed & a lack of respect during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • I was surprised that the questions were all pretty general (i.e. walk me through your resume, why are you interested in this job, why did you leave your last job, etc) - no behavioral / competency based interview questions. Pretty generic.   Answer Question

Program Consulting Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Vermont Energy Investment in March 2011.

Very interesting and intellectually stimulating questions . Shows respect for the interviewee. Gives good feedback. Very committed to working with various personalities. Solicits opinions among the team. A great place to work as per employees. This organization is very well-respected for their knowledge base and their commitment to working in various states to design and manage the renewable energy incentives.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us of an experience on how you overcame adversity to having a project move forward and how you dealt with this.   Answer Question