Vermont Teddy Bear

Interviews for Top Jobs at Vermont Teddy Bear

Seasonal Call Center Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelburne, VT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelburne, VT

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vermont Teddy Bear in December 2014.

After seeing an ad for seasonal call center staff online, I attended a job fair on-site, where I filled out an application and then spoke quickly with an HR person. She glanced at my resume and asked basic questions: "Tell me about your customer service experience." "Do you have experience with difficult people? How do you handle them?" "Can you type while talking on the phone?" I had no specific call center experience, but, on the basis of my resume, the HR person hired me for call staff on the spot. Ten hours of paid training followed, then shifts on the phones doing inbound sales calls. Over the weeks, I was trained in more complex subjects such as order modification, tracking, returns, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question: Can you type while talking on the phone?   View Answer
    No negotiation. Flat $10.00 an hour, which they've apparently been charging for years.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT
    Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Vermont Teddy Bear in January 2010.

Was referred by friend. Got a call back quickly. Had interview on phone next day. Onsite within a week. Nice people and friendly interviews from all staff met. Total of 5 people interviewed me.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult customer service experience you have had as a customer of any company.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at VT Teddy Bear.   Answer Question