Versa Products

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Versa Products in February 2013.

Interview Details – I found the job on CraigsList.com and submitted a resume with a cover letter. About a week later I received a call from the department manager -- a really nice guy who isn't there anymore -- and we had a brief phone interview. I received an email later telling me to come in for the interview itself. The interviews tend to take place a little earlier in the morning because the company works on east coast time (hours are typically 7AM-3:30AM but there's some flexibility). He asked me the basic questions. I think that because it was a sales position and my resume already showed that I had satisfactory experience he was just getting to know me more to see if I would have good chemistry with the staff and if I seemed like someone who could be on the phone all day. There were the basic questions like "Why do you want to work here?", "Can you give me an example of when you had to deal with [insert situation]?", "What do you have to offer?", et al. It was pretty low pressure but since the gentleman who interviewed me isn't there any more it may change.

Interview Question – There were no real "stump" questions. Have anecdotes to provide some elaboration on claims that you have on your resume. Rehearse your answer as to how you will add value to the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This is a big one: If you work in sales make sure you receive a copy of your contract so that you can keep it for your records. They're not going to offer your commission check (especially if you're laid off), if they still offer commission, and if they do and you perform well it could be in the five digits. Be mindful, if you ask for a commission you'll probably be the next to be laid off.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Versa Products? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Versa Products interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Versa Products employees and interview candidates.