VersaSuite

2.0

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Junior Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at VersaSuite in October 2012.

Applied online and was notified the same day that they wanted to move forward with me, and that I needed to fill out an online questionnaire. The questionnaire was a series of short answer questions and a survey of experience with various technologies. There was a substantial delay before I reached the next step of a process ~20 days until they scheduled a phone interview with me.

The phone interview with HR was very brief, about ten minutes. They mainly wanted to schedule an on-site interview. The technology that they were using came up - not Java or C++ but something "proprietary." A little bit of a red flag for someone looking for applicable experience in the industry.

Went to the on-site interview the next week. Office setup is not great - there's no receptionist and the front door goes right into a break room between the programming suite and the sales suite. Unless you want to awkwardly wander around between cubicles until someone offers to help you, make sure to call HR when you arrive.

The interview was with the HR rep and someone from the EHR team. There was supposed to be another, more senior, team member there, but his schedule didn't line up. Interview was easy and non-probing. I basically just went through my resume with them and repeated things I'd already said in the questionnaire - I don't think either of them had refreshed themselves on the materials I'd already submitted.

They then pitched me on the company and the job. Good environment, low starting pay, significant raises are common for new employees, promotions come quickly if you do a good job. Got the impression that I was more than qualified for the position and that things were going well. HR said they'd let me know soon, maybe that day. It was 3 weeks before they told me I wasn't moving on. Not sure what happened. The process overall was very slow, and I got the feeling that I should have been screened out earlier, since nothing in the interview reflected poorly on me.

Interview Questions
  • No technical or "hard" questions to speak of. Maybe these are reserved for the later stages of the process.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for VersaSuite

Junior Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at VersaSuite in June 2012.

Went in, talked with lead developer and other related team member (including the gal who phone interviewed me) on what my job duties were, what was expected of me, and talked about my resume and what the office could be like. Then I was taken to speak with the CEO, which was a much more rigorous examination of my resume and credentials. No technical questions were given, seemed like they wanted to meet me and assert my personality and where I would fit in with the work place more than anything else. Accepted the offer.

Interview Questions