Version 1

Updated Sep 9, 2014
Updated Sep 9, 2014

3.2

Graduate IT Consultant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Version 1.

I applied online via LinkedIn.
    There was an initial phone call which was brief where I was told about the company and the hiring process.
    Next was an online assessment with a lot of multiple choice questions, basic maths problems, memory questions. This needs to be done quickly so make sure you are in a place you can concentrate.
    Next was a group interview of about 17 people, which involved, an introduction, what you know about Version1, drawing some pictures about yourself (family crest) and a group practical ( ERD diagram or web app problem).
    After that there was an 2 interviews in the same day, general questions about your cv - college, work and life experiences.
    Finally there was a interview with a senior consultant which again was a general interview.

Interview Questions
    • For me the most difficult was the family crest. Given 10 minutes, spilt a page in 3, draw : how you see yourself now, how you see yourself in the future and how your friends and family see you.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Version 1 in January 2014.

Initial call where we talk about my experience. After a day invited to come for interview, where I had two interviews. One with hiring manager and second with Director. The whole process was very professional and pleasant. after a day. I received offer.

EBusiness Suite Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Version 1 in June 2014.

First stage was online personality and psychometric test. Following that I had three rounds of interviews. One telephone and one face to face with the hiring manager & one face to face with HR. Overall a positive experience. Everyone I met was very friendly. There was none of this 'good cop/bad cop' rubbish that you get at some interviews. No particularly difficult questions, none of them competency based either. Very focussed on Version1 company values.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult or off the was. Everything related to my personal values -v- the company values or the role.   Answer Question

Although I was very impressed with the company, values & role my personal circumstances changed during the interview process and the timing wasn't right. I would definitely apply again in the future though.

Human Resources Department Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Version 1.

Submit CV, CV is reviewed and if it meets initial requirements candidate is contacted and there is a pre-screening conversation. If successful the next step is for the candidate to complete the company Online Personality Assessment test. Candidates have to achieve a certain score and if this is reached they progress to the interview stage. Interview stages involve Technical & HR Interviews

Financial Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Version 1 in April 2014.

Submitted my CV online, received a follow up call from HR (20 min chat) , received email informing me I had proceeded to next part online test & call from HR, following this had 1st interview , then 2nd interview - the call from HR with the good news

Interview Questions
    • I was extremely well prepared so nothing unexpected.   View Answer
    I was informed by HR I had been accepted and outline of the offer - explained detailed pack wound be posted which I received few days later....I was happy with everything and signed the contract.

IT Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Version 1 in April 2014.

Had an initial chat on phone with Recruiter from Version 1 for a quick run through my CV. They explained the online personality test and aptitude test process. The online tests took about an hour, you need to concentrate and be fast. The recruiter got back the next day with results and arranged interviews the next week in Version 1's offices. Technical interview and HR interview took place the same day, took about 2 hours, very friendly and positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions, more a friendly chat for the company to find out about you and vice versa.   Answer Question

Oracle Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Version 1 in March 2014.

I applied Linkedin and after a few days the company has contacted me. The entire process took around 5 weeks. First I took two online tests, one technical and one assessment test. The assessmenttest was extremely challenging. The technical test was for me an interesting exercise. After I took the tests I attended my first technical interview on Skype. Almost all the questions were related to my experience and was not difficult to answer.The 2nd Interview was attended by HR and the 3rd by the Hiring Manager ( more technical questions). The entire recruitment process was coordinated by a dedicated person from HR department who was extremely friendly. I found all the people at Version1 very professional.

Interview Questions
    • Why I think Version1 is better than my current employer.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Version 1 in April 2014.

The interview process for Version 1 consists of a number of interview stages, all of which I have found interesting and enjoyable. The first step is an online psychometric and aptitude test. These tests consisted of a series of questions to assess your personality and quick fire questions to determine your cognitive ability.

The second stage was a group assessment day which was the most enjoyable and relaxed interview I have ever attended. The group was briefed on the schedule for the day and the tasks we would be doing. The first task was designed to get a quick insight into your personality and to give everyone a change to talk about themselves. The second task was a question to assess our technical ability and to determine how well we worked in teams. The solution provided by the team was then presented to the group giving the team the opportunity to demonstrate their presentation skills and technical knowledge.

Throughout the interview process I found the people at Version 1 highly professional and very friendly. The Version 1 team put the group at ease and made us feel very welcome but also managed to put us on the spot and ask some difficult questions.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I found to answer was how do you perceive yourself? The answer of which was to be represented by a picture.   View Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Version 1.

After initial screening they will ask you to appear on a on-line analytical & technical test. As per the recruiter either way they will let you know the result, in my case after few follow up they told I have nothing to worry as passed with good score. Again after few weeks they mentioned to appear for a technical and managerial round. Those rounds were also normal and were friendly in nature. After having all positive interactions, I was expecting to hear from the recruiter but didn't get the feedback. After follow up came to know that hiring manager has still not shared the feedback which was highly unprofessional as usually either way they are obliged to provide feedback. After few weeks I got a regret email from the recruiter citing vogue excuses. I feel company doesn't follow the standard procedure and their recruitment process is little amateur.

Graduate IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Version 1 in November 2013.

Applied online and within a few days I was contacted by the company who asked me a few general questions to get a feel for me and put across the company's goals and visions.

Asked to complete a personality test and abillity testing, relatively enjoyable and helps the company get a good understanding of the candidate. Different to anything I have ever done before, helped make me feel valued as a person and proved the company is looking for the person not necessarily the qualifications/grades.

Moved ont to assessment center which was very enjoyable, really put across the company as somewhere we should aspire to be working, impressive setting and surroundings and all round nice people. Couple f exercises to understand the candidate and a group task scenario to see how we work in teams.

Moved on to a 1 on 1 interview with H.R which was again enjoyable and waiting to hear back the results of this.

Interview Questions
    • Working with a team of other candidates within the group task   View Answer

Worked for Version 1? Contribute to the Community!