Version 1

Updated Feb 21, 2015

3.1

Graduate Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Version 1 in February 2015.

Mindmill Test - Straight forward enough

assessment day
    Presentation on your family crest
    Group task
    Interview

It was all fairly relaxed. The company seems good and like a decent place to work. Toughest thing was probably the crest. Creativity and presentation skills are key i think.

for the group work, it seemed allright. HOwever, I know HR will read this, so I would like them to note that it is pointless giving the two groups the same task and asking them to do the same presentation one after another. Both our groups were almost identical in presentations. The first group said everything we needed to say so the Q & A at the end were fairly meaningless.

The interview was ok, it was fairly relaxed, the usual interview questions, nothing too tricky. However, I was asked a question, spent about 10 seconds answering it before the second interviewer cut across and asked me another question. I was unable to answer the question for the first guy! this happened a few times aswell! But not to worry, decent enough interview.

All in all the interview experience was good.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your project. Tell me about yourself etc   View Answer

Graduate IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Version 1.

Submitted CV, received a phone call just to talk through the CV and was then invited to complete an aptitude assessment which was enjoyable. After passing this with a certain score invited to an interview and this was followed by another interview with HR and a manager. The whole process was very relaxed, I was immediately put at ease, they do really believe in their core values which was incredibly refreshing. From my very first encounter with Version 1 I was excited at the prospective of working for the company and believe it will be a fantastic place to build a career!

Interview Questions
    • how do you see yourself, how do your friends/colleagues see you?   Answer Question
    I was very happy with their offer no need for negotiation as a graduate

BI Consultant Interview

Swift process, with a lot of communication throughout the process.
    Following Initial interaction, there is a requirement for aptitude tests, and an initial technical screening. Following successful negotiation of these steps, a further in depth face to face technical examination and HR meeting were involved. Offer was made soon after

Very little negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Version 1 in November 2014.

I was given an "online assessment" to measure "cognitive functions". Never met anyone, never talked to anyone on the phone. Was all through email, very unprofessional and impersonal. Was told to alot 1 hour for the assessment, i answered 129 questions correctly out of 130 attempted questions, within 45 minutes.

Graduate IT Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Version 1.

I applied online via LinkedIn.
    There was an initial phone call which was brief where I was told about the company and the hiring process.
    Next was an online assessment with a lot of multiple choice questions, basic maths problems, memory questions. This needs to be done quickly so make sure you are in a place you can concentrate.
    Next was a group interview of about 17 people, which involved, an introduction, what you know about Version1, drawing some pictures about yourself (family crest) and a group practical ( ERD diagram or web app problem).
    After that there was an 2 interviews in the same day, general questions about your cv - college, work and life experiences.
    Finally there was a interview with a senior consultant which again was a general interview.

Interview Questions
    • For me the most difficult was the family crest. Given 10 minutes, spilt a page in 3, draw : how you see yourself now, how you see yourself in the future and how your friends and family see you.   Answer Question

Applications Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Version 1 in September 2014.

The hiring process at Version 1 was professional but had a very relaxed feel throughout which really put me at ease. Dealing with the recruitment specialist via email was straightforward and the interviews were discussions about my my current skill-set and my aspirations rather than trying to catch me out with awkward questions. Version 1 have core values which are guidelines to make the company a great place to work and also to ensure that they ensure their customers are satisfied, and it is clear even from the application process that everyone follows these values.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about a time when someone tried to redesign or better a solution I designed, this is something that has no doubt happened in the past but it was not a question I was prepared for and therefore as not able to provide any real answer.   Answer Question
    the negotiation phase was very straightforward, I was asked about my notice period and salary expectations, Version 1 fully understood that I may have had to work 3 months notice and made me a generous salary offer within the range I asked for. I also told the recruitment team about holiday days I needed this year and next year and they responded quickly to tell me it wasn't a problem.

EBusiness Suite Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Version 1 in June 2014.

First stage was online personality and psychometric test. Following that I had three rounds of interviews. One telephone and one face to face with the hiring manager & one face to face with HR. Overall a positive experience. Everyone I met was very friendly. There was none of this 'good cop/bad cop' rubbish that you get at some interviews. No particularly difficult questions, none of them competency based either. Very focussed on Version1 company values.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult or off the was. Everything related to my personal values -v- the company values or the role.   Answer Question

Although I was very impressed with the company, values & role my personal circumstances changed during the interview process and the timing wasn't right. I would definitely apply again in the future though.

Human Resources Department Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Version 1.

Submit CV, CV is reviewed and if it meets initial requirements candidate is contacted and there is a pre-screening conversation. If successful the next step is for the candidate to complete the company Online Personality Assessment test. Candidates have to achieve a certain score and if this is reached they progress to the interview stage. Interview stages involve Technical & HR Interviews

IT Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Version 1 in April 2014.

Had an initial chat on phone with Recruiter from Version 1 for a quick run through my CV. They explained the online personality test and aptitude test process. The online tests took about an hour, you need to concentrate and be fast. The recruiter got back the next day with results and arranged interviews the next week in Version 1's offices. Technical interview and HR interview took place the same day, took about 2 hours, very friendly and positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions, more a friendly chat for the company to find out about you and vice versa.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Version 1 in April 2014.

The interview process for Version 1 consists of a number of interview stages, all of which I have found interesting and enjoyable. The first step is an online psychometric and aptitude test. These tests consisted of a series of questions to assess your personality and quick fire questions to determine your cognitive ability.

The second stage was a group assessment day which was the most enjoyable and relaxed interview I have ever attended. The group was briefed on the schedule for the day and the tasks we would be doing. The first task was designed to get a quick insight into your personality and to give everyone a change to talk about themselves. The second task was a question to assess our technical ability and to determine how well we worked in teams. The solution provided by the team was then presented to the group giving the team the opportunity to demonstrate their presentation skills and technical knowledge.

Throughout the interview process I found the people at Version 1 highly professional and very friendly. The Version 1 team put the group at ease and made us feel very welcome but also managed to put us on the spot and ask some difficult questions.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I found to answer was how do you perceive yourself? The answer of which was to be represented by a picture.   View Answer