Version 1 Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2015

Senior Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Version 1 (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

An aptitude test followed by a face to face interview. The process took weeks with repeated phone calls from their HR recruiter asking was I still interested and informing me they would schedule an aptitude test. In the end I completed the aptitude test scored well and went to a face to face interview. Which I believed at the time I did well. I did however not receive a word back from them one way or the other. Pretty unprofessional in my opinion, has left me with a very poor opinion of version 1.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult was asked. The interview was pretty mediocre.   Answer Question

Version 1 Response

Jul 15, 2015 – Engagement Manager

Many thanks for your feedback on your candidate experience with Version 1. Firstly, I'm sorry that your experience was not a good one. Version 1 work really hard to provide an excellent candidate ... More

SharePoint Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Version 1.

Interview

The whole process was very professional starting with the head hunter that was extremely helpful and dedicated to ensure that both parties concerns were properly handled. The interviews were conducted in a very professional but yet relaxed environment, the company invited me to travel to Dublin and paid for all accommodations.

Graduate IT Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Version 1 (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2015.

Interview

Online assessment by Mindmill assessment: Personality Test, And several Puzzle tests, multiple choice. Need to be done as fast as possible Assessment day: 5m presentation about a family crest you have drawn Group scenario and have to work it out and problem solve as a group Normal interview: Done with 3 candidates together because there was so many of us. Interviewers included a HR person and a technical person working there.

Interview Questions

• What part of your Course did you least like?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Version 1 in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and invited to take an online aptitude test. The test was fairly handy and I got an email the following day saying I'd passed the test and my CV was being passed on for further screening. Then I got an email a week later saying they'd lost my CV, could I send it on again. Then another week and another email late at night saying thanks but no thanks. Not the worst thing in the world by any means, but not the right way to treat people in my opinion.

Graduate Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Version 1 (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in February 2015.

Interview

Mindmill Test - Straight forward enough assessment day Presentation on your family crest Group task Interview It was all fairly relaxed. The company seems good and like a decent place to work. Toughest thing was probably the crest. Creativity and presentation skills are key i think. for the group work, it seemed allright. HOwever, I know HR will read this, so I would like them to note that it is pointless giving the two groups the same task and asking them to do the same presentation one after another. Both our groups were almost identical in presentations. The first group said everything we needed to say so the Q & A at the end were fairly meaningless. The interview was ok, it was fairly relaxed, the usual interview questions, nothing too tricky. However, I was asked a question, spent about 10 seconds answering it before the second interviewer cut across and asked me another question. I was unable to answer the question for the first guy! this happened a few times aswell! But not to worry, decent enough interview. All in all the interview experience was good.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your project. Tell me about yourself etc   1 Answer

Graduate IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Version 1 (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Submitted CV, received a phone call just to talk through the CV and was then invited to complete an aptitude assessment which was enjoyable. After passing this with a certain score invited to an interview and this was followed by another interview with HR and a manager. The whole process was very relaxed, I was immediately put at ease, they do really believe in their core values which was incredibly refreshing. From my very first encounter with Version 1 I was excited at the prospective of working for the company and believe it will be a fantastic place to build a career!

Interview Questions

• how do you see yourself, how do your friends/colleagues see you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was very happy with their offer no need for negotiation as a graduate

BI Consultant Interview

Interview

Swift process, with a lot of communication throughout the process. Following Initial interaction, there is a requirement for aptitude tests, and an initial technical screening. Following successful negotiation of these steps, a further in depth face to face technical examination and HR meeting were involved. Offer was made soon after

Interview Questions

• Technical Questions / Interview   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Version 1 (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2014.

Interview

I was given an "online assessment" to measure "cognitive functions". Never met anyone, never talked to anyone on the phone. Was all through email, very unprofessional and impersonal. Was told to alot 1 hour for the assessment, i answered 129 questions correctly out of 130 attempted questions, within 45 minutes.

Graduate IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Version 1.

Interview

I applied online via LinkedIn. There was an initial phone call which was brief where I was told about the company and the hiring process. Next was an online assessment with a lot of multiple choice questions, basic maths problems, memory questions. This needs to be done quickly so make sure you are in a place you can concentrate. Next was a group interview of about 17 people, which involved, an introduction, what you know about Version1, drawing some pictures about yourself (family crest) and a group practical ( ERD diagram or web app problem). After that there was an 2 interviews in the same day, general questions about your cv - college, work and life experiences. Finally there was a interview with a senior consultant which again was a general interview.

Interview Questions

• For me the most difficult was the family crest. Given 10 minutes, spilt a page in 3, draw : how you see yourself now, how you see yourself in the future and how your friends and family see you.   Answer Question

Applications Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Version 1 (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

The hiring process at Version 1 was professional but had a very relaxed feel throughout which really put me at ease. Dealing with the recruitment specialist via email was straightforward and the interviews were discussions about my my current skill-set and my aspirations rather than trying to catch me out with awkward questions. Version 1 have core values which are guidelines to make the company a great place to work and also to ensure that they ensure their customers are satisfied, and it is clear even from the application process that everyone follows these values.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about a time when someone tried to redesign or better a solution I designed, this is something that has no doubt happened in the past but it was not a question I was prepared for and therefore as not able to provide any real answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

the negotiation phase was very straightforward, I was asked about my notice period and salary expectations, Version 1 fully understood that I may have had to work 3 months notice and made me a generous salary offer within the range I asked for. I also told the recruitment team about holiday days I needed this year and next year and they responded quickly to tell me it wasn't a problem.