Vertafore Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.7

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vertafore (Lansing, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

A little slow with scheduling but smooth. Prepare for the interview so you have a good grasp on the topics for the job title. Also know how to do basic algorithms like reversing strings. Location was an office building. Interview was friendly and not too rough. They ask about your work background and to explain your resume and past work experience. Fair interview.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vertafore (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The interview process as fast and smooth. I was contacted by the recruiter after reaching out to them through email. Then, I was give with technical interview through Hacker rank. The question was not too hard. It was fairly straight forward.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vertafore (Bothell, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied on the website and a recruiter contacted me the next day. She asked me some impressive questions related to the subject matter of the role (rare for a recruiter, in my experience), then connected me with the hiring manager for another phone screen. I really enjoyed that conversation, so when I was invited for an interview, I didn't hesitate to jump at the opportunity. In the interviews on site, I met with several people I would be working with in the role. The conversations were very fluid, and I had plenty of time to ask questions. Their questions for me were pretty standard, mostly behavioral questions with a few skill-based questions. The people I met with seemed smart, engaged, satisfied in their work, and excited to be talking to me. The follow-up happened within a few business days, and the offer process moved very quickly after that.

Interview Questions

• What's the most important thing you want to get out of your next role/company?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Vertafore (Bothell, WA).

Interview

Applied online. Got a call very soon after I applied, talked to the recruiter for a bit and then scheduled an online assessment. Soon after I was called to schedule an in-person interview, which was a series of 1 on 1 conversations. Got a call soon after with the offer.

Interview Questions

• Simple Java questions. Questions about my resume and the technologies used and projects.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Vertafore.

Interview

Very relaxed and friendly. I met them at the career fair at my university. I initially applied and got declined, but a month later got a call asking me if I'd like to interview with them. The interview was 2 hours long. The first 30-40 minutes were technological background questions. Expect to get questions ranging from database design/management to RESTful interface design to C++/Java specifics.

Interview Questions

• Given an integer height, write a function that prints out X's in a pyramid of that height. You may use any language you want. Then run it. This was all done on a whiteboard.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lithia Springs, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Vertafore (Lithia Springs, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone screen interviewed with hiring manager Went through his requirements for the contract to hire position He seemed impressed with my background I felt it was a great fit- 0 feedback from the hiring manager

Interview Questions

• What technologies have I been exposed to.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Vertafore (Boulder, CO) in January 2015.

Interview

A day after submitting my resume I was emailed by a recruiter to setup a phone screen. The screening was a couple days later and lasted 45 minutes. The questions were related to my background and skills. At the end of the call I was asked to setup another interview in person. My onsite interview was 4 hours. I met with 4 different people including my direct supervisor, his boss, and two other directors. The onsite interview was mainly a review of my skills including a quick test. Two days later I received a call to setup a second onsite interview. This interview was 3 hours and with 2 of the same people alond with a different VP. This interview went over how I fit with the company and the people I would be reporting to. The next day I received my offer. In total it took about a month to go from application to offer. The prpcess was very smooth and efficient.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had to make a decision with incomplete information.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I knew the salary range for the position from the phone screen. When I got the offer it was at a midpoint I liked so I accepted.

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vertafore in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was immediately contacted by a recruiter. The recruiter asked me a few basic questions about my interests and a little about my background (what was on my resumé). This phone interview was supposed to be only 30 minutes but we ended up chatting for another 15 as she answered some of my questions regarding the Vertafore community. I was then set up for a phone interview with the hiring manager which was about the same length and very similar to the initial interview but delved into my resumé on a more technical level. She was also able to answer more specific questions I had regarding the team environment, office, etc. At this time, I was actually told that they had already made an offer to another candidate and he had accepted, but they wanted to interview me for another position if I was interested. It was similar but would broaden my skill set, so I said definitely! My first in person interview was onsite with the original hiring manager and the new position's hiring manager. This interview lasted about an hour and a half. The questions asked were technical focusing on basic Java and Object Oriented principles, but they were phrased better than the usual "explain the difference between an interface and an abstract class". Instead, I was asked about my past projects and then to describe when would have been a good time to use an interface in that project and when to use an abstract class. The questions were more in line with the real world to see if you actually do understand the concepts rather than just one basic example, but they used projects I knew intimately so that I already knew how I had set it up in the past and to reflect if there was a better way I could have done it. We ended with me asking them some questions and basically just chatting again about what they personally liked about the company. I had a 2nd and final in person interview about a week after my first, but this time it was with 2 lead software engineers. I was given 3 sheets with some riddles and 15 minutes to try my luck with them. I could only fully answer 1 and only had jotted notes on the other 2, but they look at them after you leave to see basically your thought process. When they came back in, we looked over my resumé some more, but this time the focus was more on whether or not I would really enjoy and excel in this new position since I didn't have experience with it. After getting down to the core of what exactly this position entitled, my interests, and what I really wanted to do, I felt pretty certain I liked the employees I would be working with and the position I would be in.

Interview Questions

• I honestly felt that all questions were pretty straight-forward and easy. The riddles were tricky for me, but it is more about how you think through problems than getting the answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Before being given an offer, I received a phone call asking what I would accept for compensation. I gave them a $5k range, and they called me back promptly with the highest number in my range. I was happy.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vertafore.

Interview

Phone Interview, asked behavioral questions and go through the resume in details, most of the time introduced their company. Overall, the recruiter is nice, and I think they have good company culture as well. If selected, On-site is necessary, you can expect a group interview

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Vertafore.

Interview

It took a while after submission of application. Process moved quicker after initial phone interview with recruiter. Pleasant, behavioral and experienced based interview questions. Management team seemed very engaged, professional and genuinely interested in getting to know every candidate.

Interview Questions

• Navigating the interdepartmental complexity of a software company.   Answer Question