Vertafore Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014
Updated Sep 26, 2014

2.8

IT Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Vertafore.

Relatively quick response, 5 days after applying, from the Vertafore recruiter to schedule a phone screen.

Recruiter was obviously not experienced and/or not professional in general.
    She didn’t have much clue about this IT Manager role and her annoying personality with talking too much was coming through the phone.

If Vertafore wants to hire the best, they must have well qualified and experienced recruiting staff.
    As a result, I’m sure, Vertafore is missing good candidates. The role seems still open for a while now.

Senior SQL Database Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Vertafore.

I applied for Sr. SQL DBA position online and few days later received an email for initial phone screening interview. It was all general HR questions and went for about 30 minutes. After that technical phone interview was setup with 4 senior team members and that went for an hour. It was all highly technical SQL questions. 4 days later I received an email to come onsite for last rounds of interviews. Well, I asked if travel expenses will be reimbursed as I live very far from their HQ, I received a call after 5 days that they might proceed with other candidate. It was little surprising that first they asked me to come on site and later decided not to, not sure if budget was their constraint.

Interview Questions
    • Some technical questions were tricky, but interviewers were nice.   Answer Question

Manager, IT Service Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bothell, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vertafore in July 2014.

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter for an initial phone interview. Was invited back for day of onsite interviews. Met with the hiring director and several management peers. One interview was over the phone, while onsite. Finally met with the departmental VP.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were all fairly straight forward and typical for any management position. Interview with VP was most intense as he asked a number of rapid fire ITIL methodology best practice type questions. He seemed quite agitated and rushed during the interview leaving me very uncomfortable. Indicated we have other candidates to interview even before we started. Also he was not prepared for the interview as he did not have my resume in hand. VERY unprofessional behavior from a Sr, Executive.   Answer Question

IT Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conyers, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vertafore in May 2014.

First you will get a phone interview with a Recruiter. If, the Recruiter feels you are a good fit, then you application will go to that hiring manager for the site, they are looking to fill. The response is very quick. The questions they ask are , "Why would you be a good fit for Vertafore? Do you know a little about the company? What skills do you possess that fits this job title? Tell me a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer"?

Interview Questions
    • Prepare youself for questions. I did not run into any challenges, because i studied the company, and prepared to answer those questions   Answer Question
    NONE

QA Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week
    Interview Details – Recruiter emailed me fairly fast after I applied. Phone interview was setup with the Recruiter and then there was a phone Interview with the manager. Then there was an onsite interview setup for early next week. When I arrived the front desk attendant was very nice and my interviewer came to greet me on time.
    The HR had sent me a schedule with all of my interviewers and times but that was not followed during the course of the interview process. Everyone was nice enough but they lacked professionalism. It was surprising to know that all of a sudden one of my interviewers needed to travel, so that round will happen some other day! Also felt the person taking the technical interview was really inexperienced.

Solution Consultant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Vertafore.

Application process was pretty easy. Took a great deal of time to finally get an initial interview. Had to do 5 phone interviews and then face to face interviews and a 1/2 hour presentation. I spent a great deal of time preparing and interviewing and was very disappointed that they did not show me the professional courtesy to follow up after. I would suggest Applied Systems as they appear to have a lot more class than these guys.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty standard. Most difficult part was preparing the 1/2 hour presentation.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bothell, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vertafore in November 2013.

The process was pretty straight forward with the initial phone screen followed by an HR screen, the initial interview with the hiring manager, followed up by an in-person group interview.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were pretty straight forward, no real deep or obscure questions   Answer Question
    Simple - they offered what I was looking for so it was just verifying the details of the benefits offered.

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conyers, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vertafore in November 2013.

I had the opportunity to have two phone interviews with the managers of implementation and one in-house interview with the Director of implementations, manager of implementations, and a senior implementation consultant. I also had a walk-through of their facility. It was very nice people and a very laid back environment.

Interview Questions
    • I was given a sheet of VB code and asked what the code does.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate on salary. It worked out for the both of us.

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conyers, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Vertafore in September 2013.

They were hiring a lot of people so very easy process. They just needed anybody that they could get. They did a phone interview by HR. They they flew me to Conyers, GA and did an individual interview, followed by a group interview. They then called me a few days later and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Had to answers questions on SQL code and active directory.   Answer Question
    Take it or leave it

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vertafore.

I applied online and 1 week later I got a phone call from their recruiter that interview lasted about 35 minutes, and there were a lot of non-technical, more behavioral questions asked. A few days later I had another interview with the hiring manager and that intervew was about half the time.

Interview Questions

Worked for Vertafore? Contribute to the Community!