Vertafore

Updated Nov 27, 2014
Updated Nov 27, 2014

2.8

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vertafore.

Phone Interview, asked behavioral questions and go through the resume in details, most of the time introduced their company. Overall, the recruiter is nice, and I think they have good company culture as well. If selected, On-site is necessary, you can expect a group interview

Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Vertafore.

It took a while after submission of application. Process moved quicker after initial phone interview with recruiter. Pleasant, behavioral and experienced based interview questions. Management team seemed very engaged, professional and genuinely interested in getting to know every candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Navigating the interdepartmental complexity of a software company.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Vertafore.

I applied to Vertafore and quickly received an email from the recruiter to schedule an interview. After the recruiter interview I was scheduled to interview directly with the hiring manager. He took me through several technical based questions and scenarios. I passed the technical phone interview and was brought on-site quickly after. The interview was around 4 hours where I met with different team members. Overall I enjoyed the conversations I had throughout the interview process, it was not extremely difficult and they allowed me an opportunity to get to know the team and company. I did not end up getting an offer, but I will apply again for future roles.

LRS Specialist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Vertafore.

Started as temp employee, after 90 days was hired quickly (no interview). Process has changed to include 1:1 interviews after 90 days of employment, including background check and personality test

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation when you had a conflict with a customer and describe how you handled it.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Vertafore in October 2014.

I cold applied to a the position on their website and was contacted by an internal recruiter the very next morning to set up a time for a phone screen.
    I was called at the agreed time but I was talking but to a different person who ended up not knowing much about the role. It was actually a very pleasant conversation and went much longer than I expected. Without knowing more about the position, I talked up my soft skills and leadership skills, the kind of thing that would be transferrable.
    At the end of the hour, I was told that my profile was being forwarded to the next stage.
    At this point, there was two weeks of silence even after sending a thank you note and a follow-up.

After two weeks I was finally contacted by a different recruiter to set up a phone screen was scheduled with the hiring manager.
    The hiring manager phone screen was pretty informal, about a half hour to learn more about the role and judge whether it made sense to come onsite for a loop with the team. I was invited for the onsite interviews a few days later.

The onsite interviews were about 3 hours in total.
    First interview was with a VP of IT responsible for the department. Friendly guy but very rushed, very fast talking. He gave a very brief overview and then rapidly asked questions in an attempt to determine fit. Any hesitancy at all to answer and I was cut off and he moved on to the next question. After about 20 minutes of this, he explained what they are looking for and asked a few easier questions.
    Next was an HR manager who judged my managerial skills. Very comfortable, no hard questions, asked about mistakes I had made and what I learned from them, key milestones in my professional or non-professional experience that define how I work as a manager, etc.
    This was followed by two interviews with department managers. The first was more of an informational chat to better understand the department and challenges for the role, and also look for cultural fit.
    Finally I again spoke with the hiring manager I spoke with on the phone. This was more of a discussion, his only question for me initially was "so do you have any questions for me?" This was followed with about 50% of questions coming from me and 50% coming from him.

About a week later I received notice that I would not be getting an offer. I was sorry to hear this as I would have been excited to to take the role. Everyone I spoke with was professional and warm.

There was one other hiccup. I received a consolation letter from the recruiter which I thought was very nice... but there was some sort of mixup and she sent me the personal note before I was notified I was not the successful candidate, but she realized this on her own sent an apology and a more detailed rejection letter.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a specific process that you improved in the last 12 months   View Answer

Senior SQL Database Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Vertafore.

I applied for Sr. SQL DBA position online and few days later received an email for initial phone screening interview. It was all general HR questions and went for about 30 minutes. After that technical phone interview was setup with 4 senior team members and that went for an hour. It was all highly technical SQL questions. 4 days later I received an email to come onsite for last rounds of interviews. Well, I asked if travel expenses will be reimbursed as I live very far from their HQ, I received a call after 5 days that they might proceed with other candidate. It was little surprising that first they asked me to come on site and later decided not to, not sure if budget was their constraint.

Interview Questions
    • Some technical questions were tricky, but interviewers were nice.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Vertafore.

Relatively quick response, 5 days after applying, from the Vertafore recruiter to schedule a phone screen.

Recruiter was obviously not experienced and/or not professional in general.
    She didn’t have much clue about this IT Manager role and her annoying personality with talking too much was coming through the phone.

If Vertafore wants to hire the best, they must have well qualified and experienced recruiting staff.
    As a result, I’m sure, Vertafore is missing good candidates. The role seems still open for a while now.

Product Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Vertafore in September 2014.

Was contacted via a temp agency that set up an interview. On a Monday, the agency requested an interview on a Thursday then two days later moved it to the next week. When the interview started, they had the incorrect resume. They asked standard questions, about a difficult situation, what customer service means to me, etc. Interviewers were a bit distracted, forgetting questions. They closed the interview saying that it sounded like I really liked the job I'm in currently (I always thought it was unprofessional to air out current job problems, but maybe it's just me...) and that they wondered if I would be a good fit. Then they said they had many candidates to interview that week and they would get back to me if I had made it to the next round of interviews.

I thanked them and never heard from them again. A week later I wrote the temp agency and in less than 5 minutes they wrote me back to say Vertafore had gone with another candidate. I suppose this says more about the temp agency than Vertafore, but it wasn't a great interview, obviously.

Interview Questions
    • All were standard interview questions, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Manager, IT Service Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vertafore in July 2014.

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter for an initial phone interview. Was invited back for day of onsite interviews. Met with the hiring director and several management peers. One interview was over the phone, while onsite. Finally met with the departmental VP.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were all fairly straight forward and typical for any management position. Interview with VP was most intense as he asked a number of rapid fire ITIL methodology best practice type questions. He seemed quite agitated and rushed during the interview leaving me very uncomfortable. Indicated we have other candidates to interview even before we started. Also he was not prepared for the interview as he did not have my resume in hand. VERY unprofessional behavior from a Sr, Executive.   Answer Question

IT Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conyers, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conyers, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vertafore in May 2014.

First you will get a phone interview with a Recruiter. If, the Recruiter feels you are a good fit, then you application will go to that hiring manager for the site, they are looking to fill. The response is very quick. The questions they ask are , "Why would you be a good fit for Vertafore? Do you know a little about the company? What skills do you possess that fits this job title? Tell me a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer"?

Interview Questions
    • Prepare youself for questions. I did not run into any challenges, because i studied the company, and prepared to answer those questions   Answer Question
    NONE