Vertex (Pennsylvania)

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Practice Lead Interview

Practice Lead

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Vertex (Pennsylvania).

Interview Details – Internal posting/interview that focused on experience, vision for managing the practice, management expectations and a question and answer period. Duties and responsibilities were discussed that were in addition to those in the job posting.

Interview Question – why do you wan this job? I   View Answer

Computer Engineer Interview

Computer Engineer
Berwyn, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Vertex (Pennsylvania).

Interview Details – Was interviewed by two Managers. Basically asked me if I knew how to do what they needed getting done. I was hired as a consultant and then after 6 months they brought me on full time.

Negotiation Details – I was happy with the offer at the time.

Associate Tax Processing Specialist Interview

Associate Tax Processing Specialist
Naperville, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Vertex (Pennsylvania) in October 2012.

Interview Details – Initial short phone interview with HR from Pennsylvania. Interview was supposed to be 2 groups of 2 employees, 45 minutes each. Unfortunately 2 didn't show up. 1 that was in the interview seemed very uninterested, 1 question, 1 comment, rested head on hand most of the time. Structure was: learn about company history/background, speak about myself, see what skills match. Very straight forward process, no behavioral questions or anything like that, stuck mostly to what's on my resume.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Senior Software Developer
Berwyn, PA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Vertex (Pennsylvania) in December 2010.

Interview Details – 1) Initial recruiter/phone screen
2) Directory phone screen
3) Recruitment Mgr interview(1/2 hr) and 1hr programming context
4) Technical interview
Will update details later

Interview Questions

Product Management Interview

Product Management

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Vertex (Pennsylvania) in September 2011.

Interview Details – 1. HR phone screen.
2. Hiring Manager phone screen.
3. Onsite interview, 8 people, nearly 4 hours.

Advice: come prepared for a marathon. The interview questions weren't that hard, but having the stamina to withstand this amount of interviewing is difficult. After wasting 5 hours (total) of my life on interviewing for this position and sending a thank you note, I got no followup. That rudeness wrecked the otherwise positive impression i got when I was there.

Interview Question – the interview went on for hours -- I don't actually remember any questions. But nothing stood out as particularly difficult or challenging.   Answer Question

Worked for Vertex (Pennsylvania)? Contribute to the Community!