Vertex (Pennsylvania) Interview Questions

Practice Lead Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Vertex (Pennsylvania).

Internal posting/interview that focused on experience, vision for managing the practice, management expectations and a question and answer period. Duties and responsibilities were discussed that were in addition to those in the job posting.

Computer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Berwyn, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berwyn, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Vertex (Pennsylvania).

Was interviewed by two Managers. Basically asked me if I knew how to do what they needed getting done. I was hired as a consultant and then after 6 months they brought me on full time.

I was happy with the offer at the time.

Associate Tax Processing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Vertex (Pennsylvania) in October 2012.

Initial short phone interview with HR from Pennsylvania. Interview was supposed to be 2 groups of 2 employees, 45 minutes each. Unfortunately 2 didn't show up. 1 that was in the interview seemed very uninterested, 1 question, 1 comment, rested head on hand most of the time. Structure was: learn about company history/background, speak about myself, see what skills match. Very straight forward process, no behavioral questions or anything like that, stuck mostly to what's on my resume.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Berwyn, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berwyn, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Vertex (Pennsylvania) in December 2010.

1) Initial recruiter/phone screen
    2) Directory phone screen
    3) Recruitment Mgr interview(1/2 hr) and 1hr programming context
    4) Technical interview
    Will update details later

Product Management Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Vertex (Pennsylvania) in September 2011.

1. HR phone screen.
    2. Hiring Manager phone screen.
    3. Onsite interview, 8 people, nearly 4 hours.

Advice: come prepared for a marathon. The interview questions weren't that hard, but having the stamina to withstand this amount of interviewing is difficult. After wasting 5 hours (total) of my life on interviewing for this position and sending a thank you note, I got no followup. That rudeness wrecked the otherwise positive impression i got when I was there.

Interview Questions
    • the interview went on for hours -- I don't actually remember any questions. But nothing stood out as particularly difficult or challenging.   Answer Question

Worked for Vertex (Pennsylvania)? Contribute to the Community!