Vertex (Pennsylvania) Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2015

2.9

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesterbrook, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Vertex (Pennsylvania) (Chesterbrook, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

1) Contacted by recruiter
    2) Phone screen
    3) Face-to-Face interview in 3 rounds.
        a. Director of Development for 30 mins
        b. Director of Test Management for 30 mins
        c. Technical interview with 3 engineers

Interview Questions

• 1) What is the one thing you have learned in your career?
      2) What are you most proud of in your career?

Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Vertex (Pennsylvania) in January 2015.

Interview

There was first phone interview then in-person interview.

Phone interview was done by the project manager and then in person interview by Dev team leads, testing team leads and qa analysts.

Interview Questions

I had got an offer from another company at the same time.

Treasury Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Vertex (Pennsylvania).

Interview

Interviewed with 4 people including the HR Manager. The interview was pretty easy. We discussed the job and of course my previous jobs. The company is just starting out because this is considered Vertex for small, medium business aka SMB. I was told they would be moving fast on the position but I did not hear back from them. Therefore, I never received the job.

Interview Questions

• The only question that stood out to me was, "What makes you stand out above other candidates?"   Answer Question

Tax Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berwyn, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Vertex (Pennsylvania) (Berwyn, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process was smooth, friendly, informative and complete. I could not ask for better interviewers. They were concerned with my comfort during the interview process. The process took all of about 20 minutes, but it seemed like only a few moments.

Interview Questions

• Why is there a gap in your job history?   1 Answer

Practice Lead Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Vertex (Pennsylvania).

Interview

Internal posting/interview that focused on experience, vision for managing the practice, management expectations and a question and answer period. Duties and responsibilities were discussed that were in addition to those in the job posting.

Interview Questions

• why do you wan this job? I   1 Answer

Computer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berwyn, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Vertex (Pennsylvania) (Berwyn, PA).

Interview

Was interviewed by two Managers. Basically asked me if I knew how to do what they needed getting done. I was hired as a consultant and then after 6 months they brought me on full time.

Negotiation

I was happy with the offer at the time.

Associate Tax Processing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Vertex (Pennsylvania) (Naperville, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

Initial short phone interview with HR from Pennsylvania. Interview was supposed to be 2 groups of 2 employees, 45 minutes each. Unfortunately 2 didn't show up. 1 that was in the interview seemed very uninterested, 1 question, 1 comment, rested head on hand most of the time. Structure was: learn about company history/background, speak about myself, see what skills match. Very straight forward process, no behavioral questions or anything like that, stuck mostly to what's on my resume.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berwyn, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vertex (Pennsylvania) (Berwyn, PA) in December 2010.

Interview

1) Initial recruiter/phone screen
    2) Directory phone screen
    3) Recruitment Mgr interview(1/2 hr) and 1hr programming context
    4) Technical interview
    Will update details later

Product Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vertex (Pennsylvania) in September 2011.

Interview

1. HR phone screen.
    2. Hiring Manager phone screen.
    3. Onsite interview, 8 people, nearly 4 hours.

Advice: come prepared for a marathon. The interview questions weren't that hard, but having the stamina to withstand this amount of interviewing is difficult. After wasting 5 hours (total) of my life on interviewing for this position and sending a thank you note, I got no followup. That rudeness wrecked the otherwise positive impression i got when I was there.

Interview Questions

• the interview went on for hours -- I don't actually remember any questions. But nothing stood out as particularly difficult or challenging.   Answer Question