Vertex Pharmaceuticals

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals in May 2012.

Interviewed with HR on phone, then with hiring manager on the phone and she invited me for an on-site interview. I thought things went well at my visit, but afterwards HR told me that they were still interviewing other candidates, but I was still being considered. I subsequently followed up (even though I surmised that I would not be hired), but I never received a response. I don't understand their mentality: do they think that just because they paid my expenses that I don't deserve a response??? I blame the hiring manager just as much as HR. After all, she was my host. It left a very negative impression of what manners mean to Vertex!!!

Interview Questions
  • A would-be peer asked me, "What is the first thing I would do if I were hired?"   View Answer