Vertex Pharmaceuticals

Average Difficulty
32 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals.

Interview Details – The first interview was over the phone for about 30 min, there were the typical questions like: why do you want to work for us? what skills can you bring to our organization? do you have any concerns? It was not a behavioral interview.
Overall, the HR person was kind.

Interview Question – when was the first time you heard about Vertex   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

Interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals

Interview Details – Great interviews with HR. They were very professional, prompt and accommodating with my schedule. I really liked everyone I met there.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you made a mistake and what did you do to correct it. This was asked by every single person there.   Answer Question

Contract Paralegal Interview

Contract Paralegal

I applied online - interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals in November 2013.

Interview Details – phone interview followed by another phone interview

Very Difficult Interview

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer
Cambridge, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals in August 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was informal and kept inline with the job requirements

Interview Question – Why doesn't the internet use OSPF?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – I was not happy with it. I was interviewing for a senior position and after weeks of going back and forth and getting paperwork/background checks together I was offered a junior position for a LOT less money.

Intern

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, submitting my resume and cover letter. They called and I did a phone interview, which was about 30 minutes, but stretched to 40 since i had a few questions for them. I then was called later that day for a face to face interview, which I scheduled for the next week. They brought me in, were extremely nice, and toured me around the lab I was going to work in.

Interview Question – Pretty standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Legal Administrative Associate Interview

Legal Administrative Associate
Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals.

Interview Details – Had a great phone interview with HR, first interview with an admin., a paralegal, and an attorney. Then I was brought back to meet the hiring VP. Everything went very well. I was referred by a friend and told everyone liked me, but then I waited over a month only to be informed that the position suddenly no longer existed. I was very dissapointed, this seems like a really great place to work.Will keep my eyes open for future openings here. Hope that this was a one time experience and not a typical experience in the hiring process.

Interview Question – What is the most difficult thing you do at your present job.   View Answer

Senior Scientist Interview

Senior Scientist

I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals in January 2012.

Interview Details – Received a phone screen from the HR after submitted the CV. It was the typical phone screen process: why us; how did you know this position; what's your expectation; any concerns. The screen also went through the CV and asked a few questions about the skill sets and ended with a summary of their typical hiring procedure.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your current position?   Answer Question

Research Scientist I Interview

Research Scientist I
Chicago, IL

I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals in March 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted the application online and received an email to schedule a phone interview about 1 week later. The interview consists of very typical HR screen. Like
- Why do you want this job
- What is your lab daily routine
- How many people are there in your lab
- How much do you expect we pay you

Interview Question – What is your lab daily routine   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Therapeutic Specialist Interview

Therapeutic Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals in November 2010.

Interview Details – Horrible experience. Panel interviews. Extremely arrogant company

Interview Question – Answer behavioral interview questions and give overall and chapter titles to your answer.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Vertex Pharmaceuticals

Worked for Vertex Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!