Vertex Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions

2.9

Postdoctoral Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  La Jolla, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals.

I received an email to schedule a phone interview by the hiring manager (PI) very quickly after applying for the position. The phone interview was prompt, informal, and took about 30 mins. The PI is very nice, extremely laid back and enjoyable to talk to. Then I was scheduled for an onsite interview and met with 3 people for about 3 hours total including a 45 mins presentation. Everyone I talked to include the VP are extremely nice, intelligent, and friendly people. Then followed by an enjoyable lunch.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave your current job and what do you hope to accomplish in 5 years.   Answer Question

Salary is too low.

Clinical Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Worcester, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals in March 2010.

It was a panel interview. The entire interview took about 5 hours. I met with a number of people in different departments and at different levels which gave me the chance to get a more comprehensive look at the organization and make an informed decision.

Interview Questions
    • Why leave my current employer because I actually liked it there.   Answer Question

Contract Scientific Associate II Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals.

I applied online and the whole process took about three weeks to interview and get an offer. The interview was short and lasted only a couple of hours. I met with the HR rep, then three half hour interviews with people from the group. Everyone was nice and laid back. Overall, the interview process was pretty easy and straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions were basic: details about resume, behavioral questions from HR rep. Why do you want to work here, what interests you about this position, what can you offer, etc.   Answer Question
    Was able to negotiate a higher salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The first interview was over the phone for about 30 min, there were the typical questions like: why do you want to work for us? what skills can you bring to our organization? do you have any concerns? It was not a behavioral interview.
    Overall, the HR person was kind.

Human Resources Interview

Great interviews with HR. They were very professional, prompt and accommodating with my schedule. I really liked everyone I met there.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you made a mistake and what did you do to correct it. This was asked by every single person there.   Answer Question

Contract Paralegal Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals in November 2013.

phone interview followed by another phone interview

phone interview

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals in August 2011.

The interview process was informal and kept inline with the job requirements

Interview Questions
    I was not happy with it. I was interviewing for a senior position and after weeks of going back and forth and getting paperwork/background checks together I was offered a junior position for a LOT less money.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals in November 2013.

I applied online, submitting my resume and cover letter. They called and I did a phone interview, which was about 30 minutes, but stretched to 40 since i had a few questions for them. I then was called later that day for a face to face interview, which I scheduled for the next week. They brought me in, were extremely nice, and toured me around the lab I was going to work in.

Legal Administrative Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals.

Had a great phone interview with HR, first interview with an admin., a paralegal, and an attorney. Then I was brought back to meet the hiring VP. Everything went very well. I was referred by a friend and told everyone liked me, but then I waited over a month only to be informed that the position suddenly no longer existed. I was very dissapointed, this seems like a really great place to work.Will keep my eyes open for future openings here. Hope that this was a one time experience and not a typical experience in the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult thing you do at your present job.   View Answer

Worked for Vertex Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!