Vertex Pharmaceuticals

2.9

Research Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals in March 2013.

I submitted the application online and received an email to schedule a phone interview about 1 week later. The interview consists of very typical HR screen. Like
    - Why do you want this job
    - What is your lab daily routine
    - How many people are there in your lab
    - How much do you expect we pay you

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals in August 2012.

Online resume submission followed by HR email and 20min phone interview. Then phone interviewed by the hiring manager for 30min. Arranged 1-day on-site interview with presentation. had dinner with the hiring manager. Evrything seemd went OK.
    I have to say that the arrangement (lodging, meals, travel, etc) for the interview was quite well. Most interviewers are nice. I rate my expereince 'very positive' till the end of the interview day. However, after that, neither the HR nor the hiring manager returned my email or contacted me regarding the results. I was reminded to followed up with the HR after 2-4 weeks after the interview by a director during the interview. But when I politely asked for updates (after 4 weeks), NO RESPONSE! They should let the candidate know their results, even the answer is no. This makes me feel not being respected. and leaves me with bad feelings, and I rate them as 'negative'.

Interview Questions
    • An unexpected scientific question at presentation, which I didn't address quite well.   Answer Question

Clinical Trials Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals in August 2012.

applied online- interviewed by HR

Interview Questions
    • HR was good. Asked few behavioral questions. Asked about current job and salary expectation.   Answer Question

Docketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals in June 2012.

I was contacted by a member of the Human Resources department for a quick phone screen. After that, an interview was scheduled. I was scheduled to meet with five people individually. One decided to go to lunch instead so I only met with four. I had to show my drivers license to the front receptionist...big red flag! I immediately felt like I was being screened out of this position.

Interview Questions
    • HR manager or recruiter asked me how I would like to work with a supervisor much younger than me. I was taken aback as I didn't think she looked that much younger than me. I knew this interview was going nowhere.   Answer Question

Scientist I, PKPD Drug Metabolite Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals in June 2012.

HR hone screen, and Hiring manager phone interview

Interview Questions
    • What's the most difficult problem you met and how to solve it   Answer Question

Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals in May 2012.

Interviewed with HR on phone, then with hiring manager on the phone and she invited me for an on-site interview. I thought things went well at my visit, but afterwards HR told me that they were still interviewing other candidates, but I was still being considered. I subsequently followed up (even though I surmised that I would not be hired), but I never received a response. I don't understand their mentality: do they think that just because they paid my expenses that I don't deserve a response??? I blame the hiring manager just as much as HR. After all, she was my host. It left a very negative impression of what manners mean to Vertex!!!

Interview Questions
    • A would-be peer asked me, "What is the first thing I would do if I were hired?"   View Answer

Clinical Trials Associate Interview

Interviewed by 4 people in a row
    the whole process is quite chaotic
    - the first one who does not know why they want to recruit me, what kind of position it is
    - the one who wanted to recruit me is on sick leave...
    - asked general questions and skill related questions

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals in April 2012.

Started with a phone call from HR to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was pleasant, the manager wanted to know my background, why I chose the school I went to, nothing specifically behavioral.

A week later the manager emails to schedule a face-to-face in the office. There were a couple technical questions involved as well as more typical behavioral questions with the manager and an analyst. We went over my resume and the interview overall was pretty standard. Nothing out of the ordinary or particularly tough.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals in March 2012.

First one was a 30 minutes Telephone interview with HR and few days later a Technical Interview ( over Telephone ) and the next one was a series of interviews (In person 1on1 interviews with 8 people) over a day at their Boston Office facility

Interview Questions
    • what kind of a boss you like ? i.e a boss who sits on your back and micro manages OR a boss who gives you the task and expects you do your job?   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals in March 2012.

Telephone Interviews by HR, --> by Technical colleague --> 8 back-to-back In-Person Interviews (VP, Hiring manager (Director), 5 Colleagues and HR ) , scheduled over 6 hrs.