Vertex Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

Interview

phone interview

Contract Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals in November 2013.

Interview

phone interview followed by another phone interview

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online, submitting my resume and cover letter. They called and I did a phone interview, which was about 30 minutes, but stretched to 40 since i had a few questions for them. I then was called later that day for a face to face interview, which I scheduled for the next week. They brought me in, were extremely nice, and toured me around the lab I was going to work in.

Legal Administrative Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Had a great phone interview with HR, first interview with an admin., a paralegal, and an attorney. Then I was brought back to meet the hiring VP. Everything went very well. I was referred by a friend and told everyone liked me, but then I waited over a month only to be informed that the position suddenly no longer existed. I was very dissapointed, this seems like a really great place to work.Will keep my eyes open for future openings here. Hope that this was a one time experience and not a typical experience in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult thing you do at your present job.   1 Answer

Research Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

I submitted the application online and received an email to schedule a phone interview about 1 week later. The interview consists of very typical HR screen. Like
    - Why do you want this job
    - What is your lab daily routine
    - How many people are there in your lab
    - How much do you expect we pay you

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Cambridge, MA) in August 2012.

Interview

Online resume submission followed by HR email and 20min phone interview. Then phone interviewed by the hiring manager for 30min. Arranged 1-day on-site interview with presentation. had dinner with the hiring manager. Evrything seemd went OK.
    I have to say that the arrangement (lodging, meals, travel, etc) for the interview was quite well. Most interviewers are nice. I rate my expereince 'very positive' till the end of the interview day. However, after that, neither the HR nor the hiring manager returned my email or contacted me regarding the results. I was reminded to followed up with the HR after 2-4 weeks after the interview by a director during the interview. But when I politely asked for updates (after 4 weeks), NO RESPONSE! They should let the candidate know their results, even the answer is no. This makes me feel not being respected. and leaves me with bad feelings, and I rate them as 'negative'.

Interview Questions

• An unexpected scientific question at presentation, which I didn't address quite well.   Answer Question

Clinical Trials Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Boston, MA) in August 2012.

Interview

applied online- interviewed by HR

Interview Questions

• HR was good. Asked few behavioral questions. Asked about current job and salary expectation.   Answer Question

Scientist I, PKPD Drug Metabolite Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Boston, MA) in June 2012.

Interview

HR hone screen, and Hiring manager phone interview

Interview Questions

• What's the most difficult problem you met and how to solve it   Answer Question

Docketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Cambridge, MA) in June 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a member of the Human Resources department for a quick phone screen. After that, an interview was scheduled. I was scheduled to meet with five people individually. One decided to go to lunch instead so I only met with four. I had to show my drivers license to the front receptionist...big red flag! I immediately felt like I was being screened out of this position.

Interview Questions

• HR manager or recruiter asked me how I would like to work with a supervisor much younger than me. I was taken aback as I didn't think she looked that much younger than me. I knew this interview was going nowhere.   Answer Question

Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Cambridge, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with HR on phone, then with hiring manager on the phone and she invited me for an on-site interview. I thought things went well at my visit, but afterwards HR told me that they were still interviewing other candidates, but I was still being considered. I subsequently followed up (even though I surmised that I would not be hired), but I never received a response. I don't understand their mentality: do they think that just because they paid my expenses that I don't deserve a response??? I blame the hiring manager just as much as HR. After all, she was my host. It left a very negative impression of what manners mean to Vertex!!!

Interview Questions

• A would-be peer asked me, "What is the first thing I would do if I were hired?"   1 Answer