Vertex Pharmaceuticals

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Scientist

I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals in January 2012.

Interview Details – Received a phone screen from the HR after submitted the CV. It was the typical phone screen process: why us; how did you know this position; what's your expectation; any concerns. The screen also went through the CV and asked a few questions about the skill sets and ended with a summary of their typical hiring procedure.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your current position?   Answer Question

Senior Scientist
Cambridge, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals in August 2012.

Interview Details – Online resume submission followed by HR email and 20min phone interview. Then phone interviewed by the hiring manager for 30min. Arranged 1-day on-site interview with presentation. had dinner with the hiring manager. Evrything seemd went OK.
I have to say that the arrangement (lodging, meals, travel, etc) for the interview was quite well. Most interviewers are nice. I rate my expereince 'very positive' till the end of the interview day. However, after that, neither the HR nor the hiring manager returned my email or contacted me regarding the results. I was reminded to followed up with the HR after 2-4 weeks after the interview by a director during the interview. But when I politely asked for updates (after 4 weeks), NO RESPONSE! They should let the candidate know their results, even the answer is no. This makes me feel not being respected. and leaves me with bad feelings, and I rate them as 'negative'.

Interview Question – An unexpected scientific question at presentation, which I didn't address quite well.   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was low key, probably due to the size of the site. People were curious and personable, most were a pleasure to talk with. The site had a good "vibe" and people seemed to enjoy working there. Communication after the interview has been severely lacking, despite offers to answer questions regarding the position/company.

Interview Question – Why are you leaving your current position   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Vertex Pharmaceuticals

Worked for Vertex Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!

Vertex Pharmaceuticals Videos

Vertex Pharmaceuticals – Why Work for Us?

About Us Vertex is a global biotechnology company that aims to discover, develop and commercialize innovative new medicines so people with serious diseases can lead better lives. Founded in 1989 in Cambridge… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vertex Pharmaceuticals Senior Scientist interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Vertex Pharmaceuticals employees and interview candidates.