Vertis Communications

Relevance Date Difficulty

Media Analyst Interview

Media Analyst
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Vertis Communications in January 2008.

Interview Details – I applied online, within 2 weeks I was phone interviewing with HR and 2 future managers - or so I thought ... I was pretty certain I had the job - site unseen. Late December brought a death in the family and some other personal drama, so I wrote them to withdraw me from candidacy. I was surprised to hear back after the new year, confirming for me that I had the job when they really didn't want me to withdraw.

Interview Question – I can recall anything super difficult to answer, they really asked me a lot of questions about what I did because it was relevant to what they need this pretty new role to do for them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation was primarily them getting me to reconsider taking the job. The salary was to my liking, though I probably could have gotten a bit more because, as I would find later they were really hurting to get someone in place soon. Don't get me wrong, I like quick decision making in job search - let me know or let me go. I'm good people - have to be to have DoD clearance, but hindsight is better than 20/20 ...

Shipping Department Interview

Shipping Department
Manassas, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Vertis Communications in January 2007.

Interview Details – I had worked for Vertis for 18 years and was discharged and not rehired after i had back surgery due to the work i performed on the job .At the interview they seemed bias toward hiring people below the age of 30 years . I beleive that my name was put on a do not re-hire list , i felt this was unfair to me . If applying for this company be very aware that the managment will replace you or find a way to discontinue any position they feel will save the company money . Also if/when hired try to not talk too much , the walls have ears .

Interview Questions

• Are you physicaly capable of performing duties of the position ?   View Answer
  • Will you work for a lower wage than others in the same position ?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Vertis Communications in August 2008.

Interview Details – There was three people that inerviewed me, the first was the phone interview. Spoke for about 20 minutes, felt like is was more of a personality check, not too many questions related to the actual job or department. Then there were two follow up interviews in person. First with the HR person and the other with the Department supervisor.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vertis Communications in January 2010.

Interview Details – Met with everyone in the department one on one after interviewing with Management. I was consistently warned not to work there and honestly given a true picture of just how horrible a place it was to work. I appreciated the honesty but really needed the job. Wish I could have afforded to take their advice.

Interview Question – Do you prefer to to call the customer or email?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Told one thing up front and another at contract signing time. They gave me less money and no vacation. They totally took advantage of my situation. Made me choose more money to get closer to the original offer price and loose vacation in return.

Very Easy Interview

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Vertis Communications in December 2010.

Interview Details – long - andb disorganized

Interview Question – how long have you done this   Answer Question

Worked for Vertis Communications? Contribute to the Community!