Vertive

Relevance Date Difficulty

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Austin, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Vertive in December 2010.

Interview Details – Initial phone screen with recruiter, followed by live interviews with CEO, CFO and 2 members of sr. mgmt. team, all in the same day. Received a phone call from the recruiter a few days later to discuss the offer. Verbally accepted and then received the formal offer letter.

Interview Question – Do you think that working at a start-up organization would be more challenging than working within a standard corporate environment?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy, the initial offer letter exceeded my expectations.

Product Team Interview

Product Team

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Vertive in July 2011.

Interview Details – This was the most intense interview process I've ever experienced. Not so much because of the interviewing itself, but because of the amount of time it took. I was told to expect to be in the office for about 3 hours and I ended up being there for almost the entire day. I was required to give a presentation in the morning prior to having individual breakout interviews with senior people for almost every department.

The interview process is taken very seriously here and really smart, talented people are hired as a result. The only real complaint is how inefficient and lengthy the entire process is.

Interview Question – There weren't really any difficult questions. Most questions are situational, real world, problem solving type questions. If you're good at what you do, you'll adapt to anything that gets thrown at you.

Pro tip: Be confident in your position and willing to have a conversation about why you gave specific answers. Even better if you can back it up with data. Learn a bit about how the coupons & deals space works and do some quick comparisons to the main competitors.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This went very quickly for me. I was contact by the recruiter for a phone interview and was scheduled for an in-person interview about 3 days later. I was given an offer the following day and accepted about 2 days after that.

Content Interview

Content

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Vertive.

Interview Details – They hiring process is pretty rigorous. Interviews with every top level employee you'd ever report to, VPs and the CEO. Your final interview - before you even get an offer - will include meeting with the CFO or HR manager to discuss benefits and salary. If you get to that point, chances are you can expect an offer.

Interview Question – You'll have to take a test related to your job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Ask for the higher side of what you want, because they'll lowball you. And if you come back and try to negotiate, they may not accept your offer.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Product/Biz Dev Interview

Product/Biz Dev

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Vertive in February 2013.

Interview Details – Very long interview process, talked to almost everyone in the reporting chain for the department I would have been working in. Managers I talked to were smart and knowledgeable about their market niche. On the downside the process seemed very disjointed - especially learning at the last stage of interviewing that they didn't know exactly what role they wanted to hire first - or if one person could do both jobs. No response from email with HR about that discussion.

Interview Question – Going through your entire resume multiple times. While some see is as good practice a little better scheduling could save candidates and their interviewers time by consolidating the interviews.   Answer Question

Online Marketing Intern Interview

Online Marketing Intern
Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Vertive in December 2012.

Interview Details – The CEO and a manager came to my class and gave a presentation about Vertive and how they use Performance Marketing. I talked to them afterwards and said I was interested in an internship. I was then emailed by HR asking if I wanted to submit an application. I did and then was scheduled for a phone screen. The phone screen went well and then I scheduled an interview at the office which also went well. I got the internship the same day and happily accepted.

Interview Question – There were no "tricky" questions, it was like a normal conversation.   Answer Question

Software Intern Interview

Software Intern
Austin, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Vertive in February 2010.

Interview Details – Easy, its a pretty small company, I am not sure what they were looking for, he wanted some sort of ruby programmer I think.

Interview Question – Given an array that is supposed to contain 1-N elements in the array, but does not, instead there is one number repeated and therefore one number missing, how would you find those numbers?   View Answer

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vertive.

Interview Details – Long interview process. Plan an all day interview. Very overwhelming for any position. Test required for most jobs.

Interview Question – Nothing too hard. Really understand the company and how to use a coupon code before the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – you will be asked if you have offers at other places or interviewing elsewhere. Answer yes for a quick offer and better pay.

Director Interview

Director

I applied online and interviewed at Vertive.

Interview Details – The initial phone interview and communications (phone and email) with the internal recruiter went well. I then went in for an in-person interview, which was rushed and I got the feeling they didn't have time for me. I sent thank you notes and followed up with them afterwards. I never received a response after the in-person interview.

Interview Question – Not really any difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Merchandising Associate Interview

Merchandising Associate

Interviewed at Vertive

Interview Details – -met some great people
-long interview (3+ hours)
-tough but relevant questions, situation type questions

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   View Answer

Worked for Vertive? Contribute to the Community!