Vertrue

Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Norwalk, CT

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Vertrue in April 2010.

Interview Details – HR department was great and made the entire experience a very positive one. Through my entire time working at the company they were a source of positive experiences.

Interview Question – How do you retain users?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was ok nothing special.

Telephone Sales Representative Interview

Telephone Sales Representative
Goleta, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Vertrue in June 2007.

Interview Details – Pretty basic interview process for a phone rep. They brought about a dozen of us in for a group interview with an HR manager. Then separated us for a one on one interview in which they ask about your experience and willingness to compete. It seemed like they were selling the perks of the company to us to convince it was a good decision....

Interview Question – Can you handle about 50 sales rejections per day?   Answer Question

Marketing Director Interview

Marketing Director

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vertrue in May 2008.

Interview Details – Applied on the company website. Corporate recruiter contacted me and conducted a screening interview. Corporate recruiter set-up the phone interview with the hiring manager. 1 hour phone interview with the hiring manager. Hiring manager worked with the corporate recruiter to set-up an in-person interview. Interviewed with 2 people (including hiring manager) during in-person interview. After the interview the corporate recruiter called to give me the hiring manager's decision time frame. Corporate recruiter called back to tell me that I was chosen as the candidate. We negotiated salary. Corporate said that he would call back with a formal offer once all the approvals were obtained.

Corporate recuriter did not call back within 2 weeks- no offer. I called the corporate recruiter to find out what was going on. Corporate recruiter said that the hiring manager had just resigned and offer was off the table.

3 weeks later, the corporate recruiter called back to say that the new hiring manager wanted to phone interview me - start the process over again. Set-up time/date for phone interview. Hiring manager no-show for phone interview. No response from corporate recruiter. Hiring manager called to reschedule interview for x time/date. 4 hours before interview, hiring manager's employee called to cancel and promise a reschedule at a different date & time.

That was it. Never heard from again. I left multiple messages for both the hiring manager and corporate recruiter, both refused to return my calls. No closure. Just left me hanging.

Interview Question – Why are you looking to leave your current position?   View Answer

Vice President Marketing Interview

Vice President Marketing

Interviewed at Vertrue

Interview Details – Used internal hr recruiter. Questions were general hr type questions. There were no surprises. There was an interview with the hiring manager and his supervisor. There was also a panel interview where I was asked a series of questions by numerous people in various roles within the company. I guess they wanted to see how I could react under pressure and how well rounded I was.

Interview Question – Didn't feel any were that difficult   Answer Question

Marketing Administrator Interview

Marketing Administrator

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Vertrue in March 2007.

Interview Details – great communication

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – fair

Worked for Vertrue? Contribute to the Community!