University of Southern California
www.usc.edu Los Angeles, CA 5000+ Employees

University of Southern California Project Specialist Interview Question

I interviewed in Los Angeles, CA and was asked:
"Very informal, found out about position through a referral from another USC employee. Was hired based on my educational background, personality, and a good fit for the position/USC. I met with my future boss, discussed their research/goals and explained my background. Was hired on the spot!"
Add Tags [?]
Answer Flag Question

Part of a Project Specialist Interview Review - one of 92 University of Southern California Interview Reviews

Answers & Comments

This post has been removed. Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.
of 0
votes
Networking is key. Its hard to determine whether or not I would've had the position without the referral, but internal hiring is a commonplace at USC and other employers. But, I can tell you that I was an external hire, not internal. I've tried applying to other positions as an internal hire and have been turned down several times. So whether or not your an internal USC employee, external applicant, have a USC referral from a higher-up, you will get turned down. This job market is not fair to anyone these days.
- Anonymous on Aug 16, 2013 Flag Response

To comment on this question, Sign In with Facebook or Sign Up

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Southern California interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by University of Southern California employees and interview candidates.