Vestas Wind Systems

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.9

Mechanical FEA Engineering Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vestas Wind Systems.

Three chief engineers from DK head quarter chat about 60 mins

Interview Questions
    • describe why I was suitable for the position with only 11 month experience.   Answer Question

Lead Technician Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Vestas Wind Systems in March 2012.

I had two interviews overall. Both interviews asked specific questions about my technical background and my management experience. The site was hiring brand new techs, so they wanted to make sure I had the electrical and hydraulic skills needed to train and help troubleshoot when needed. Several questions about balancing home life and overtime and how I plan to manage it.

Interview Questions
    • When using a multimeter for troubleshooting capacitors, what setting is used to check capacitance?   View Answer

Employer Branding Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

The process took a weekinterviewed at Vestas Wind Systems in September 2011.

Online application through Taleo company website. Answered a few pre-screening questions and then got a call from a recruiter. Phone screen consisted of basic questions and some selling by the Recruiter. Made the job sound great and the company sound stable and growing. Then, a 1:1 interview with the Hiring Manager. Took about an hour. Was pleasant, nothing out of the ordinary. A few days later, the Recruiter called with a job offer.

Management Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

The process took a dayinterviewed at Vestas Wind Systems in April 2011.

Initial phone interview, which led to an office interview with the VP of HR and a current Management Assistant. Asked a lot of questions about analytics and tried to ensure the position was differentiated as a management training position and not an administrative assistant position.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vestas Wind Systems in March 2011.

After a round of Campus interviews I was invited to an on-site interview. The first round of on-site interviews was a fiasco with the interviewers telling me that they wanted an undergraduate student (I am a grad student). The interviewers still continued with the interview.
    Subsequently I was invited for another interview which was more in sync with my experience. The interview mostly consisted of discussion of my resume, a few control system questions etc. Not too difficult

Manager, Business Development, Service and Aftermarket Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

The process took a dayinterviewed at Vestas Wind Systems in December 2010.

Initially started with a phone interview and was invited to interview on-site. Spent four hours with outside firm taking personality test and having to answer questions in regards to resume. Interviewed with groups of two to three people for three hours answering questions in regards to resume and 'how would you handle' type questions.
    I found the company people to be rather delightful and interesting to talk to but got the picture that the company is somewhat disorganized and management appears to be struggling. Employees continued to stress that 'chaos' was the norm at the company. I liked that company, I believe it is going through growing pains and hopefully will straighten out soon as competition from GE will consume the company if the business direction isn't changed.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to handle a conflicting situation.   View Answer

The offer was declined due to conflict in relocation offer and somewhat lower salary expectations.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CO

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Vestas Wind Systems in August 2010.

Hiring went through temp agency for initial screen, then face-to-face with management. Company had contracted with local temp agency to select a few to be interviewed for vacancies. Once the temp agency had a few qualified applicants selected, they scheduled those to be interviewed by the company in a panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions about best / worst qualities; best accomplishments; what your near / far term goals are, etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiations took place since an outside company was dictating the tight salary range for each position to ensure equality across the entire worldwide employee base.

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vestas Wind Systems in July 2010.

They used Skype,then flew me to Chicago for lunch with the manager before he flew back to Denmark. Over all their only goal was to assure you knew what you were talking about. They provided a case study which you were asked to build a deck for the skype interview. You walked through your solution and the potential ROI. If you know what you are doing, it is very easy.

Interview Questions
    • None really, they stuck to the experience and skills. Northern Europeans do not believe in playing mind games in interviews, very straight forward. You either know your stuff or you do not   View Answer
    Very straight forward, they made a generous offer, I asked for one change and they agreed.

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CO

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Vestas Wind Systems in June 2010.

Employment agency initial contact. Phone interview. Three hour test. Two interviews and team building exercise at Vestas. Drug and physical test.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. Take it or leave it. Several statements made by the company were not true.

Material Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, MN

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vestas Wind Systems in May 2010.

This was an internal interview for me so possibly a different scenario than what is normal.

Interview Questions
    • Possibly how I would change how the job was currently being performed.   View Answer
    The position was to be based in Portland, OR and I was able to negotiate working remotely and not having to relocate.