Veterans United Home Loans

Updated Sep 6, 2014
Updated Sep 6, 2014

2.7

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Veterans United Home Loans.

Very informal interview process. Only one interview, position offered at the end. Mostly fit questions. A referral at VU carries much weight. Each department has a different mentality... marketing is much more creative than production's focus on diligence and efficiency.

Post Closing Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Veterans United Home Loans in February 2012.

Quick. I applied on a Sunday and had a phone interview the next day. The whole process of three interview to job offer took two weeks. It was casual at first but the skills test was difficult. The final interview was more about personality and hearing about the position. I had several friends that already worked there so it was nice to have a point of reference.

Web Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Veterans United Home Loans.

Had a phone interview, then came into their office for 2 back to back interviews with HR and technical teams. They were very friendly and polite, and did their best to answer my questions. When I asked what computers they used they kinda beat around the bush and didn't answer my question. They said essentially everything because thats what the company as a whole uses, they didn't answer specifically related to the job I was interviewing for. It was pretty good, though their process is VERY long, they took about a month to get back to me after initially applying.

Interview Questions
    • They will grill you on why you are leaving your current job.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Veterans United Home Loans.

After exchanging emails with the HR manager, a phone interview was conducted. Questions about Frameworks, PHP, and SQL were asked. Two days after the phone interview, I was called back for an in-person interview. There was very little tech talk in that real interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you if you don't have a college degree?   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate my offer

Licensing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Veterans United Home Loans.

I applied on a Friday and received an email the next day stating they like what they saw. I was to take an assessment test that included math, logic games, personality traits, computer & typing skills. The following wk I received an email saying they decided to pursue other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • You have to answer 50 assessment questions in 15 mins. Which means in order to complete the test you have to answer the questions in 30 seconds. However, I believe they're seeing how well you do under pressure. If you're going to truly review the questions or answer them without verifying the answers.   Answer Question

Loan Officer Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Veterans United Home Loans.

I met a recruiter at a campus career fair. I followed up within a few days via email. A couple weeks later I had a phone interview, just shooting the breeze and talking about why I was interested in applying. A couple weeks(?) after that, I was called in for an in-person interview with the recruiter and the person I did the phone-interview with. It was laid back, asking me about past experiences such as overcoming obstacles, being a leader, and more. Maybe a week or two after this interview they gave me a call offering me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to say, "no," to someone.   Answer Question
    No negotiation as a lowly intern (sad face)

Setup Spec Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Veterans United Home Loans in September 2013.

Not too bad. Very Easy going

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Veterans United Home Loans.

The interview process was fine. It began with an online application, and then a face-to-face interview with the department manager in their office. It was thirty minutes long. They asked the standard interviewing questions. The questions were very straight-forward and matter-of-fact, which makes better sense over filler questions that pertain to nothing in your field. The interviewer was nice.

Loan Processor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Veterans United Home Loans in January 2012.

Informal

No negotiation

Loan Officer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lenexa, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

They were very professional and prompt throughout the entire process. After sending in my resume, it was only a day or two before I heard from someone to move the process forward. Next I had to fill out my application and character evaluations online. Once those were completed I received a call the next day to set up the initial interview. The process from applying to first interview was less than a week and very well organized.

Interview Questions

Worked for Veterans United Home Loans? Contribute to the Community!