Veterans United Home Loans

Relevance Date Difficulty

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer
Columbia, MO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Veterans United Home Loans.

Interview Details – After exchanging emails with the HR manager, a phone interview was conducted. Questions about Frameworks, PHP, and SQL were asked. Two days after the phone interview, I was called back for an in-person interview. There was very little tech talk in that real interview.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you if you don't have a college degree?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate my offer

Licensing Specialist Interview

Licensing Specialist
Columbia, MO

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Veterans United Home Loans.

Interview Details – I applied on a Friday and received an email the next day stating they like what they saw. I was to take an assessment test that included math, logic games, personality traits, computer & typing skills. The following wk I received an email saying they decided to pursue other candidates.

Interview Question – You have to answer 50 assessment questions in 15 mins. Which means in order to complete the test you have to answer the questions in 30 seconds. However, I believe they're seeing how well you do under pressure. If you're going to truly review the questions or answer them without verifying the answers.   Answer Question

Loan Officer Interview

Loan Officer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Veterans United Home Loans.

Interview Details – I met a recruiter at a campus career fair. I followed up within a few days via email. A couple weeks later I had a phone interview, just shooting the breeze and talking about why I was interested in applying. A couple weeks(?) after that, I was called in for an in-person interview with the recruiter and the person I did the phone-interview with. It was laid back, asking me about past experiences such as overcoming obstacles, being a leader, and more. Maybe a week or two after this interview they gave me a call offering me the job.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to say, "no," to someone.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as a lowly intern (sad face)

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Setup Spec Interview

Setup Spec
Columbia, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Veterans United Home Loans in September 2013.

Interview Details – Not too bad. Very Easy going

Interview Question – All the normal questions asked   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Columbia, MO

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Veterans United Home Loans.

Interview Details – The interview process was fine. It began with an online application, and then a face-to-face interview with the department manager in their office. It was thirty minutes long. They asked the standard interviewing questions. The questions were very straight-forward and matter-of-fact, which makes better sense over filler questions that pertain to nothing in your field. The interviewer was nice.

Interview Question – What would your superpower be?   Answer Question

Loan Processor Interview

Loan Processor

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Veterans United Home Loans in January 2012.

Interview Details – Informal

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Loan Officer Assistant Interview

Loan Officer Assistant
Lenexa, KS

Interviewed at Veterans United Home Loans

Interview Details – They were very professional and prompt throughout the entire process. After sending in my resume, it was only a day or two before I heard from someone to move the process forward. Next I had to fill out my application and character evaluations online. Once those were completed I received a call the next day to set up the initial interview. The process from applying to first interview was less than a week and very well organized.

Interview Question – Why are you looking to leave your current company?   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern
Columbia, MO

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Veterans United Home Loans.

Interview Details – - the company is casual and fun, but they expect you to show up in business professional and on your A-game in the interview...then you can join the fun!
- intern orientation is well thought out and a blast - you also get paid to be at orientation

Interview Question – - just know what you want to do and be passionate about it
- they don't respond well to "I'll do anything"
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – All marketing interns work 15-20 hours a week. The pay is $12/hour.

Loan Officer Interview

Loan Officer
Lenexa, KS

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Veterans United Home Loans in April 2013.

Interview Details – I was referred by a current employee. Within two minutes of emailing her my resume she had forwarded it to HR. 10 minutes later I received a link from HR to complete their screening process. 3 hours after that I received an email to schedule an initial interview. 2 days later I interviewed for 45 minutes. 1 day later I got the email to schedule the follow up interview with a direct manager. I was scheduled to meet for the second interview within a week of the first. I appreciated their quick and up front approach to interviewing. It eliminated all anxiety usually associated with the process.

Interview Question – What did you find in researching our company that makes you most interested in working here?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

DSA - Customer Service Representative Interview

DSA - Customer Service Representative
Columbia, MO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Veterans United Home Loans in February 2013.

Interview Details – Was contacted by the company regarding a decision via email. They asked I complete personality profiles/skill tests which took quite a bit of time. They were easy but takes time to get through each of them. I was then brought in to interview with HR. Interview is very informal and questions are pretty abstract. It was about 30 minutes. A couple of days after that interview I was contacted to schedule another interview with the hiring manager. This interview was a mess. She basically wanted me to tell her this job is my dream job which it isn't. She rambled around for over an hour. She then told me the position was different than what HR had explained to me. The lack of communication within the organization just left me with a bad impression of the company and not the type of place I'd like to work.

Interview Question – Questions were pretty easy.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Honestly I have a very poor impression of this company now. Their casual environment doesn't seem to lead to very professional behavior. HR is mlsleading and they think very highly of themselves.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Veterans United Home Loans

Worked for Veterans United Home Loans? Contribute to the Community!