ViSalus Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2015
Updated Mar 22, 2015

2.3

Senior Buyer, Supply Chain Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ViSalus in February 2015.

Initial phone interview went well. Recruiter contact led a comfortable review of my background, very conversational. Second interview on site in Troy MI location was average. Third interview on site was with a small team together, but two people left early saying they had other things to do. I found that disrespectful, and I knew that wasn't a good sign. As a third round candidate, that wasn't proper.
    Later, I called to follow up on the status and none of the phone #s would connect, so I got resourceful and called Customer Service who said that it was "normal" for the HQ main phone # to frequently change. What kind of company does that? I found that odd. I left a few messages ad emails with no response. Later I see the job posted again.

Interview Questions
    • Are you a good negotiator? Can you do excel pivot tables?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Submit a application and hope you get a call back. This is a bit much to put up your resume. I just want to apply to jobs!!! Not give you a report on my position

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ViSalus.

Had an initial interview, then a follow-up interview with 2 separate groups of people. Noticed that everyone that interviewed me was much younger & they were texting when not asking me questions. They scheduled a final interview, I took off work and they canceled last minute with no explanation. The recruiter told me "off the record" that my age hurt me.

Interview Questions
    • No real tough questions. A very standard (unimaginative/basic) set interview questions.   Answer Question

Health Product Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennewick, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennewick, WA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at ViSalus in January 2014.

There isn't much of an interview it is network marketing, they just want you to sign up and pay for product and get you started. They want you to have friends and family over and have a shake party. They also train you how to sell, also they don't want you to talk for a while until you know more about the company and products so they talk.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have someone that you know that would like to get in shape, do you know anyone who needs to get in shape   View Answer
    No negotiations. Pay by what you sell

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ViSalus in October 2013.

The interview you walk into a office then they have you type 2 paragraphs about what you know about the company and why they should hire you then they have a person come out to get you once you sit down to talk to them the lay name kat seemed very nice and friendly she texted on her cellphone the whole time she didn't really ask a lot of questions she seemed irritated at whomever she was txting after our short convo she said I had to come back the next day for another interview meanwhile another associate came an asked her to come on a smoke break with them. This interview was the most unprofessional I've ever been to

Wasn't a stable position

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at ViSalus in October 2013.

I applied through LinkedIn and got a call in a week. After initial screening with HR by phone, I was invited to on-site interview at LA office. I met with total 4 people there, two groups each. Not that difficult interview except a consulting style interview. They said they are not the company working from 9 to 5 company. Hectic.

Interview Questions
    • How many tires are sold in the US per year?   View Answer

Digital Content Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ViSalus in September 2013.

The interview was through but not unnerving. It consisted in a couple of shorter phone interviews until they decided they liked me enough to bring me in for an in-person interview. The final interview consisted in 3 sub-sets of interviews with several employees from separate departments. It was professional but not uptight, thorough but not intimidating, structured but not excessively formal.

Interview Questions
    • If you were in possession of the last dinosaur on the planet, how would you use it to make money?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

you go through the recruiter first. The. It's a hot mess of a scheduling process.

No negotiation

Visalus Affiliate Accounts Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ViSalus.

Very long and grueling interview process. Meeting with lots of junior and senior executives. Repetitive process.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in the company in ten years.   Answer Question

Felt there was too much bureaucracy and no room for rapid growth. Haphazard reporting and silos.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ViSalus in January 2013.

The process is mostly through personal contact with those around you if you want to start your own business or work from home you take charge of the opportunity. I went to an event and spoke with the top 6 in the company and he explained it all to me and showed me the job in its entirety.