Via Christi Health System Interview Questions in Wichita, KS

Updated Nov 6, 2014

1.7

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Via Christi Health System (Wichita, KS) in October 2014.

Interview

Long process, four interviews including panel interviews. The environment was very stuffy. Interviewers' had no personality; was like talking to a bunch of rocks. They clearly did not like being asked tough questions about their organization. At last interview the position I was interviewing for was changed without my knowledge and suddenly I was interviewing for a whole different job.

Interview Questions

Low pay, below average benefits, recruiter seemed to be offended by my questions.

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Via Christi Health System (Wichita, KS) in November 2013.

Interview

One interview with unit manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Via Christi Health System (Wichita, KS) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview was very informal and even awkward at times. Was met by manager at reception. No interview panel, just met with one employee. No structure, just given a tour of offices and then went to lunch with a manager. Came back and met with another manager, discussed upcoming projects, shook hands and left.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, told HR is firm with their offer.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Via Christi Health System (Wichita, KS) in August 2012.

Interview

A thorough process including interviews with the VP, peer leadership and direct report staff. Enjoyable, particularly seeing the direct report staff interact in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• I felt prepared for all of the questions. They were somewhat standard questions, but focused on all areas of the business.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very quick and agreeable in the negotiation phase.

Pre-Access Patient Admissions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Via Christi Health System (Wichita, KS) in March 2012.

Interview

Called to schedule a personal interview, arrived at site on time, was taken to the interviewer's office, asked about my experience and work history, allowed to ask any questions and thanked for my time. At no time was I asked about salary requirements, and rate of pay wasn't even put on the table. Two days later I got a form rejection email without any feedback on why I wasn't selected.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a "difficult customer situation"? Describe an instance.   1 Answer

Business Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Via Christi Health System (Wichita, KS) in February 2012.

Interview

The first call was the recruiter. Because I live locally, I was invited to interview onsite rather than over the phone. After this introductory/screening interview, I was interview back to interview with my would-be manager, her peer, her manager, and one of her direct reports (my would-be peer). The interview were fairly unstructured, and were mostly conversational. I felt like I did well, but it was a couple of weeks before I heard anything. They wanted me to come back and interview with my would-be manager and her peer again; the thought was that I would be a good fit for either of two positions, so they both interviewed me for their respective teams. It was yet another couple of weeks before I heard anything, and by then, they just wanted me to take an online skills an aptitude test. A couple more weeks, and I was finally extended an offer, which waited a couple more weeks for background check and drug test results. Overall, it was about 6 weeks from first interview to sitting at the desk.

Interview Questions

• None. It was a pretty standard package interview. "Tell me about a time..." "What are your greatest strengths/weaknesses."   Answer Question

Negotiation

None, everything is standard package as far as benefits go and wages were not negotiable (at least for director and below). I can only imagine how loooong it would have taken to try to manage that, too.

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Via Christi Health System (Wichita, KS) in February 2009.

Interview

It took months for them to call but the hiring process was swift once they called me.