Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at ViaSat
- Software Engineer (20)
- Software Engineer Intern (5)
- Intern (5)
- Engineer (5)
- Systems Test Engineer (3)
- Program Manager (3)
- Member of Technical Staff (2)
- Engineering Intern (2)
- Finance (2)
- Systems Engineer (2)
- Software Engineering Intern (2)
- Software Intern (2)
- Engineer Intern (2)
- Software Engineering (2)
- Engineering (2)
- Network Engineer (2)
- NOC Technician (1)
- Director of Operations (1)
- Director of Program Management (1)
- Manufacturing Engineering Manager (1)
- Engineering Director (1)
- Network Tech (1)
- Human Resources (1)
- Human Resources Director (1)
- Dispatcher (1)
- Senior Mechanical Engineer (1)
- Director of Business Development (1)
- Facilities (1)
- Security Associate (1)
- Customer Service (1)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months – interviewed at ViaSat (Duluth, GA).
I had one on one meeting with 6 different people from different departments. There was no skill testing, or other testing involved. It was a pretty basic mechanical design position interview.
- I was asked a variety of questions depending on which department I was speaking with. Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at ViaSat (Duluth, GA) in March 2011.
ViaSat's interviewing process was very organized and handled very professionally. They seem to really care about their employees and really strive for excellence in their industry. I enjoyed the experience and wish the best for their company.
- How do you handle difficult employees? Answer Question
Helpful (2)Declined OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at ViaSat (Duluth, GA) in October 2009.
The interviewing process from initial phone interview to the generation of the offer was 2 months. I had to interview with 13 people - only 2 of which were mechanical engineers. They want you to think that you are special to even be interviewed there. However, when they give you an offer, you will certainly be dissapointed.
Reasons for Declining
They offered no relo package (I have a house). They offered a few thousand dollars.....with a catch.They offered no vacation at all (I have 16 yrs experience)They offered a low salary compared to the three other companies with whom I interviewed.