ViaSat

70 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Network Engineer Interview

Denver, CO

I interviewed at ViaSat in April 2014.

Interview Details – Interview was short and technical. The interviewer had some specific questions to ask and also described the job position in detail

Interview Question – I did not face any most difficult question   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ViaSat in March 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview, then one-time on-site interview with multiple managers and technical engineers

Interview Question – Be careful with the behavior questions, very difficult to answer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation during the process

Manufacturing Engineering Manager Interview

Manufacturing Engineering Manager
San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at ViaSat in July 2010.

Interview Details – You get a first interview on the phone with HR. Then if you pass that, they sign you up for at least 5 people. They don't tell you who you will be seeing or their titles.

Interview Question – Each person is different in their questions. Some are very technical and some ore trying to feel out your personality. They are very judgmental and don't have a good standard methodology.   View Answer

Finance Interview

Carlsbad, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ViaSat.

Interview Details – took 2 months to get in there from my first phone call to interview. Extremely slow hire process..HR was not efficient in this process. The background check was quick, their was no drug test done which I thought was different. The wait time was whatever HR was doing internally.

Interview Question – Asked me about my past positions, why I left them...etc. Asked me questions about the job function in detail. The manager did not know what the job function entailed anyways, I found that out after I started working there. It was a joke.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Hourly rate is negotiable...NEGOTIATE!

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interviewed at ViaSat

Interview Details – I had a 30 minute phone interview with them which combined a mix of personal/screening and technical questions.

Interview Question – Linked-list time complexity, hash talbe operation   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Gilbert, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at ViaSat in August 2011.

Interview Details – Pretty difficult; it can take all day with multiple interviews and/or multiple people in each interview. Candidates should expect around 4 interviews, and some of those may be conference calls with people at remote locations. My interviews mainly focused on my experience from my resume as well as going over some what-if scenarios. They also grilled me on Earned Value.

Interview Question – I had a written test on calculating Earned Value numbers (CPI, SPI) using a hypothetical project status.
They grilled me on the proposal process to determine exactly how much experience I had with it. They also went over my resume with a fine-toothed comb and wanted to know specifics on some of the items.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Their base salary offer was non-negotiable. The offer also included stock and a signing bonus. I tried to negotiate a 50% increase in stock, but they gave me a 50% increase in the signing bonus.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ViaSat.

Interview Details – The interview was extremely pleasant and only slightly technical since I didn't have much programming experience at the time. Chatted with a current engineer who talked to me about similar projects I had done in my old job, and asked me one technical question about the difference about two programming languages.

Interview Question – What are the main differences between Java and Scala?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Wanted to enter the entertainment industry.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ViaSat.

Interview Details – Met with a recruiter (engineering alum from my school) at a campus career fair and was invited back for an on-campus interview the next day. The interview was extremely casual and my interviewer was very easy to get along with. Most of the conversation revolved around my relevant technical projects and involvement in clubs. I was told I would hear back within two weeks and am still awaiting a decision.

Interview Question – I was asked to describe what a hash map was and how to implement it   Answer Question

Assistant General Counsel Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ViaSat.

Interview Details – Saw job posted online. Sent letter and resume directly to hiring manager, after being email introduced by mutual acquaintance. Received email from HR recruiter who set up phone interview. It was a fairly standard phone screen interview.

Interview Question – Requested salary history.   View Answer

Staffing Assistant Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ViaSat.

Interview Details – I had applied and was contacted by the recruiter for a phone screen. I didn't hear back for almost 4 weeks, and only then it was because I followed up. Finally came in for an in person. The process was thorough, I met with 6 people. The questions were thorough and no real overlap. Everyone was friendly and professional. I did like that they involved not only several staff members, but with different job functions (recruiters, admins, managers) to get the best perspective.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, all were to the point and expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They have a Compensation Manager who will do comp analysis, I felt my salary was very fair, didn't feel like I needed to negotiate.

Interviews for Top Jobs at ViaSat

Worked for ViaSat? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ViaSat interview questions and advice. All 70 interview reviews posted anonymously by ViaSat employees and interview candidates.