ViaWest Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at ViaWest

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied in-person – interviewed at ViaWest in March 2008.

My hiring and interview process was good up till a point then I had two managers arguing in the interview with one another. I have an interview with a VP and he asked me to sell him a pen. FYI, they are all about TEAM. Most of the TEAM is Type A people. If you are type A and fit into good old boys network then this is a company for you.

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at ViaWest in June 2011.

Getting hired was pretty simple. It just took a while after my drug test i submitted all my background info with the application. About 3 weeks later I got a call and I sent in my resume to Human Resources. I also sent in references and an extensive work history. As I haven't worked many places it was pretty simple. I had a phone interview which went well. The panel interview was pretty hard. They ask those kind of impossible no right answer kind of questions and they try to get you to doubt yourself. The last 2 interviews were technical and personality. Then I met with a manager. The process then sent me to an HR email where my offer was sent.

Interview Questions
    I tried to ask about negotiating but they basically said this is not that kind of market so if you choose not to sign, that is entirely your own choice.

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ViaWest in October 2010.

The process was a bit slow. It took a while to get the initial interview set up. Then after the initial interview, I waited a couple weeks for the second interview. The second interview was a video conference with the director of the department. So the interview process was kind of drawn out, but after all of the interviews were done, it didn't take too long to receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    I wasn't able to negotiate on salary or any sort of signing bonus, but was able to negotiate on training, certifications, and working remotely.