Viacom Intern Interview Questions

Updated Oct 21, 2014

2.2

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Viacom.

The entire process took less than a week. Once I scheduled and completed the phone interview I had my face-to-face interview the next week! It was very efficient and an easy process for such a large company! I'm sure each department differs in the interview process.

Other Interview Reviews for Viacom

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Viacom.

Interview was very casual – I was trying to get a sense of the environment, and what the day-to-day entailed as I was interviewing for a field outside of my study. Interviewer (my supervisor, eventually) was friendly and tried to learn about what I wanted to get out of the internship as well. There were no "trick" questions but definitely a few standard "what is your weakness" ones. Be enthusiastic about the company and the opportunity to learn from them. I think they like to see that you are gauging the company/culture as well

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Viacom in April 2014.

I applied online and was quickly contacted by a member in HR. He then scheduled a phone call that wasn't really an interview, but more of a get to know me. He asked me what division I would be interested in working in and then quickly referred me to that divisions manager. I contacted the division manager and then had a quick, simple interview. It was pretty much me running her through my resume and my interests.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Just walked through my resume.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Viacom.

Had a phone screening with an HR recruiter. The HR woman seemed quite dismissive and was difficult to connect with. After applying to the general online application for next semester, I was emailed to set up the phone screening. The problem is, instead of being able to see job descriptions and apply to each network/channel/department separately, they try to go the opposite route and place you wherever they have an opening, whether or not it's what you would be a good fit for (it seems). It took about a week after applying to move forward. Not feeling moving forward for the Spring, but I'll apply or the Summer and be more specific about my preferences department-wise.

Interview Questions
    • Explain your past intern experience in this department...   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Viacom.

Sent my resume in through their College Relations service. Didn't think I was going to hear from them because I waited about a month before getting an email requesting a phone interview. Phone interview was very informal, and lasted about twenty minutes. Was relatively sure I was getting the job after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • How do you prioritize when you have a lot of conflicting tasks that must be completed?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Viacom.

There are two rounds of interviews:
    First round: phone interview with College Relations, they ask very general questions.
    Second round: in-person interview with the department. They also ask you very general questions, such as your background and past internship experiences. So be prepared to talk about yourself and the things that are listed on your resume.

Interview Questions
    • The questions they ask you were not that challenging. Just be prepared to talk about your favorite show from Viacom.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Viacom.

Over the phone interview - basic questions. Called again for second interview with another manager a week later. Offered and accepted 2 weeks later.

Unpaid

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Viacom in January 2013.

HR reached out to do a phone screening, afterwards if they think you are a fit they will give you the contact information of the hiring manager. Than it is your job to reach out to the manager and figure out a time to set up the interview. After the interview, they take about a week to let you know whether you received the position or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Viacom in August 2012.

Applied online. Phone call with Talent Acquisition, then a phone call with the future supervisor. Took a week, was pretty easy. Was given three options to choose from referring the which department I wanted to intern in.

Interview Questions
    • Just know your resume and a lot about the company and you should be prepared for anything they ask.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Viacom in May 2012.

You first do a phone screening with a college relations rep. It's pretty simple, behavioral questions. This person then becomes your liason if you pass through. You then interview with your specific department who, in my case, asked me career specific questions.