Viacom Intern Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.4

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Viacom.

Interview

I got a call a week after applying, and then was offered a second interview in person. That was two weeks later, and one week later I heard back. One person interviewed me, was very nice and the interview was very straightforward. Experience, goals, etc.

Interview Questions

• Favorite Show and a show you would want on your network   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Viacom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Contacted by HR recruiter - scheduled an informational phone interview, which led me to an in person interview with the integrated marketing team. During the interview, I met with three different departments (MTV, VH1, and Logo) - people seemed great and asked basic interview questions (tell me about yourself, experience, interests, etc)

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite program on the network? Tell us about yourself?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom.

Interview

First interview is a phone interview. Second interview is in person. Very easy interview. Human Resources people are very nice. Sometimes they can take long to get back to you so it is important to follow up.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to intern here? Why did you pick your major? What's your availability?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Viacom.

Interview

The interview process took some time, but was well worth it in the end. My interviewers made me feel so comfortable and were very straightforward with me. Had several interviews with college relations and a few departments. Roles were well explained and it was easy to talk to the interviewers about myself, as well as get my questions answered. Really great!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY).

Interview

I met the HR team at a campus career fair. It was a quick 1x1 interview at the fair going over my experience and skills. The phone screening was very simple where I walked through my experience and skills again. HR was very open and asked what area/field I would like to explore and what I wanted to do for a career. They worked with me on what I wanted to do. The face to face interview with the department was also very straight forward and laid back with common interview questions and walking through past experiences.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Viacom.

Interview

Pretty Easy and laid back. I just met with the hiring manager and not the HR. I went through the basic introduction and overview of the portfolio. They explain what to expect out of the position.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Viacom.

Interview

I interviewed for an accounting intern position with the Entertainment Group. The interview process was very basic. First, HR contacted me by phone and did a quick interview. They asked me which division of Viacom I'd like to work for and connected me with that division for the next step. Then, I went into the office and met with three different people of that division, one on one. The in-person interview was also very easy. They asked typical non-industry questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Took about two weeks to get back to me after application. Interview was scheduled immediately, and employers were prompt and reliable on letting you know when you got the job. However--different departments interview differently. Had one that was much more formal, and another where they asked me NO questions and it was extremely awkward.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Viacom (Miami, FL).

Interview

Simple. I basically felt like I got the internship (which I did). They only asked me about my experience and what is it that I want to do in the future.

Interview Questions

• Experience, going through your resume   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Viacom.

Interview

Not very difficult. Just went over my resume and discussed the duties related to the position that I was applying for. First interviewed over the phone with someone from HR then with two people from the department I applied for. They asked my why I would want to intern with them and what I know about the company. The interviewers were very nice and made the interview comfortable even though I was nervous.