Viacom

Getting the Interview

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Viacom.

Interview Details – Interview was very casual – I was trying to get a sense of the environment, and what the day-to-day entailed as I was interviewing for a field outside of my study. Interviewer (my supervisor, eventually) was friendly and tried to learn about what I wanted to get out of the internship as well. There were no "trick" questions but definitely a few standard "what is your weakness" ones. Be enthusiastic about the company and the opportunity to learn from them. I think they like to see that you are gauging the company/culture as well

Interview Question – Why do you want to intern for us?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Viacom.

Interview Details – Had a phone screening with an HR recruiter. The HR woman seemed quite dismissive and was difficult to connect with. After applying to the general online application for next semester, I was emailed to set up the phone screening. The problem is, instead of being able to see job descriptions and apply to each network/channel/department separately, they try to go the opposite route and place you wherever they have an opening, whether or not it's what you would be a good fit for (it seems). It took about a week after applying to move forward. Not feeling moving forward for the Spring, but I'll apply or the Summer and be more specific about my preferences department-wise.

Interview Question – Explain your past intern experience in this department...   Answer Question

Intern
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Viacom in January 2013.

Interview Details – HR reached out to do a phone screening, afterwards if they think you are a fit they will give you the contact information of the hiring manager. Than it is your job to reach out to the manager and figure out a time to set up the interview. After the interview, they take about a week to let you know whether you received the position or not.

Interview Question – Mostly just personality questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Viacom in August 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online. Phone call with Talent Acquisition, then a phone call with the future supervisor. Took a week, was pretty easy. Was given three options to choose from referring the which department I wanted to intern in.

Interview Question – Just know your resume and a lot about the company and you should be prepared for anything they ask.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Viacom.

Interview Details – Sent my resume in through their College Relations service. Didn't think I was going to hear from them because I waited about a month before getting an email requesting a phone interview. Phone interview was very informal, and lasted about twenty minutes. Was relatively sure I was getting the job after the interview.

Interview Question – How do you prioritize when you have a lot of conflicting tasks that must be completed?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Viacom.

Interview Details – There are two rounds of interviews:
First round: phone interview with College Relations, they ask very general questions.
Second round: in-person interview with the department. They also ask you very general questions, such as your background and past internship experiences. So be prepared to talk about yourself and the things that are listed on your resume.

Interview Question – The questions they ask you were not that challenging. Just be prepared to talk about your favorite show from Viacom.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Viacom.

Interview Details – Over the phone interview - basic questions. Called again for second interview with another manager a week later. Offered and accepted 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – What are your future goals?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unpaid

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Viacom in May 2012.

Interview Details – You first do a phone screening with a college relations rep. It's pretty simple, behavioral questions. This person then becomes your liason if you pass through. You then interview with your specific department who, in my case, asked me career specific questions.

Interview Question – What do you see in your future? Career goals?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Viacom

Interview Details – The first process of the interview was submitting the online application. If you made it through this part of the process, you were called for a screening phone interview. Here, the HR representative asked a series of questions related to your personality and what you would like to get out of your internship experience. If you made it through the screening phone call, you were set up for an interview in the department that you may be working for, at which point the behavioral based questions were asked.

Interview Question – There was nothing really difficult or out of the ordinary. Most of the questions were ones that you would expect and could answer using the STAR format.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Viacom does not pay it's interns, so there was no negotiation process.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Viacom

Worked for Viacom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Viacom Intern interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Viacom employees and interview candidates.