Viacom Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.6

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

First I wrote essays and handed in my resume. The second round was a video-response interview. After that, the final interview was pretty straightforward, I met with two different interviewers, and they both asked about my work and college experiences.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Viacom.

Interview

First interview is a phone interview. Second interview is in person. Very easy interview. Human Resources people are very nice. Sometimes they can take long to get back to you so it is important to follow up.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to intern here?
      Why did you pick your major?
      What's your availability?

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Viacom.

Interview

The interview process took some time, but was well worth it in the end. My interviewers made me feel so comfortable and were very straightforward with me. Had several interviews with college relations and a few departments. Roles were well explained and it was easy to talk to the interviewers about myself, as well as get my questions answered. Really great!

Log Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Viacom.

Interview

Spoke with the manager and hr person and was asked about random things- didn't learn much about the job until I was offered the position. Took about 20 min with each person.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Viacom in May 2015.

Interview

I had a telephone interview with a very pleasant and professional woman from their HR department. Questions were very typical and she was extremely respectful of my time since I was speaking with her on my current employers time.
    At the end of the interview the recruiter stated that she would get back to me by end of business on Friday, May 29. I was quite skeptical but incredibly appreciatative that she emailed me on Thursday. While I'm disappointed that I did not move along in the interview process, this recruiter is a rarity in today's job search market and probably has no idea how much a simple email (even one with not good news) means to an anxious applicant. Thank you Viacom HR for being cognizant and respectful of the applicant's feelings!

Interview Questions

• There were no particularly difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY).

Interview

I met the HR team at a campus career fair. It was a quick 1x1 interview at the fair going over my experience and skills. The phone screening was very simple where I walked through my experience and skills again. HR was very open and asked what area/field I would like to explore and what I wanted to do for a career. They worked with me on what I wanted to do. The face to face interview with the department was also very straight forward and laid back with common interview questions and walking through past experiences.

Consumer Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Viacom.

Interview

Behavioral questions about skills, past experiences, and interests. Know the networks and be passionate. Phone screen by recruiter then interview by potential department. Tell me about you, skills looking to gain, why the network, thing you are most proud of on resume, time of failure

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Viacom.

Interview

Pretty Easy and laid back. I just met with the hiring manager and not the HR. I went through the basic introduction and overview of the portfolio. They explain what to expect out of the position.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Viacom.

Interview

I interviewed for an accounting intern position with the Entertainment Group. The interview process was very basic. First, HR contacted me by phone and did a quick interview. They asked me which division of Viacom I'd like to work for and connected me with that division for the next step. Then, I went into the office and met with three different people of that division, one on one. The in-person interview was also very easy. They asked typical non-industry questions.

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Viacom (New York, NY).

Interview

After applying to Viacomcareers.com, I got an email with a set of questions to answer which i submitted and then got another email. The second email was to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview I was asked to set up an in person interview with department supervisor. Two weeks after my interview I was offered the position.