Viacom

Getting the Interview

71 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Viacom.

Interview Details – Interview was very casual – I was trying to get a sense of the environment, and what the day-to-day entailed as I was interviewing for a field outside of my study. Interviewer (my supervisor, eventually) was friendly and tried to learn about what I wanted to get out of the internship as well. There were no "trick" questions but definitely a few standard "what is your weakness" ones. Be enthusiastic about the company and the opportunity to learn from them. I think they like to see that you are gauging the company/culture as well

Interview Question – Why do you want to intern for us?   Answer Question

Client Service Representative Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Viacom in March 2014.

Interview Details – Process took 4 weeks. 1 interview with 3 rounds - SSE + AE + Director of Client Services. The HR interview came second. Basic interview rapport - it was more of a conversation and making a correlation with my current position and the one at hand. Everyone was VERY friendly - very positive. Cool people, cool company & cool location.

Interview Question – What do you know about digital advertising sales?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Everyone is brought on at the same rate no negotiations - O/T is a + though.

Commercial Operations Interview

New York, NY

I interviewed at Viacom in June 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process began with an initial interview with HR. Afterwards, I was then forwarded to the hiring manager of the department I was applying for. A few days later I was called in and the interview was very casual - more so a conversation.

Interview Question – How detail oriented can you be?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Client Services Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Viacom.

Interview Details – I went through three rounds of interviews. All very straight forward and conversational. Everyone was exceedingly friendly and I couldn't have been more excited when I was extended the offer. I definitely recommend coming prepared with smart questions and lots of them. Be assertive and make sure you finish each interview actually asking for the job.

Interview Question – If you left your current job today, what would your boss miss most about you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotialble but the overtime is great.

Business Development Intern Interview

Santa Monica, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Viacom in March 2014.

Interview Details – One of the career services advisers at my university forwarded me an internship opportunity in the Business Development department at Viacom. After telling her I was interested, she emailed me the contact information for the VP of Business Development and told me to email him. Within 5 minutes of doing so, he responded and we set up an interview time.

Interview Question – How are you more qualified than the other students in your major?   Answer Question

Design Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Viacom.

Interview Details – I applied online and waited two to three weeks before being contacted by someone in HR. Once contacted, HR requires you to send a portfolio/resume to be viewed by VIACOM's channels. A week or two later, HR will reach out to you if a department is interested in your work.

The interviewing process is quite quick and direct--very straight-forward. I was asked to walk the interviewer through my portfolio and was then given a description of what an intern would do. The atmosphere is very conversational. Good to come up with several questions to ask.

Interview Question – Quite straight-forward. Be prepared for questions on your portfolio, especially concerning any mock-ups you've done.   Answer Question

Legal Intern Interview

Santa Monica, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Viacom in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, then was emailed to express interest in a virtual interview with automated questions.

Interview Question – Just personal questions: why did you pick your major/minor? what courses are your favorite? (questions were obviously not rewritten with law school in mind) What accomplishment are you most proud of? why viacom? why media? The most unexpected question in the middle of work/school related questions was "what is your favorite book?" simple question but it throws you out of feeling professional   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

Production Assistant

Interviewed at Viacom

Interview Details – I was a former intern, was contacted by management a few months later and was able to prove myself after a few months my contracts became longer.

Interview Question – Describe 3 weaknesses   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

Production Assistant

Interviewed at Viacom

Interview Details – You get a call from HR, then two interviews.

Interview Question – There were no hard questions. Hardest part was getting the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted what they offered and didnt negotiate.

Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Viacom.

Interview Details – 3 interviews. What 3 things do you like most about your current job?

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Viacom

Worked for Viacom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Viacom interview questions and advice. All 71 interview reviews posted anonymously by Viacom employees and interview candidates.