Viacom

79 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Client Services Representative Interview

Client Services Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Viacom.

Interview Details – I went through three rounds of interviews. All very straight forward and conversational. Everyone was exceedingly friendly and I couldn't have been more excited when I was extended the offer. I definitely recommend coming prepared with smart questions and lots of them. Be assertive and make sure you finish each interview actually asking for the job.

Interview Question – If you left your current job today, what would your boss miss most about you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotialble but the overtime is great.

Business Development Intern Interview

Business Development Intern
Santa Monica, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Viacom in March 2014.

Interview Details – One of the career services advisers at my university forwarded me an internship opportunity in the Business Development department at Viacom. After telling her I was interested, she emailed me the contact information for the VP of Business Development and told me to email him. Within 5 minutes of doing so, he responded and we set up an interview time.

Interview Question – How are you more qualified than the other students in your major?   Answer Question

Design Intern Interview

Design Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Viacom.

Interview Details – I applied online and waited two to three weeks before being contacted by someone in HR. Once contacted, HR requires you to send a portfolio/resume to be viewed by VIACOM's channels. A week or two later, HR will reach out to you if a department is interested in your work.

The interviewing process is quite quick and direct--very straight-forward. I was asked to walk the interviewer through my portfolio and was then given a description of what an intern would do. The atmosphere is very conversational. Good to come up with several questions to ask.

Interview Question – Quite straight-forward. Be prepared for questions on your portfolio, especially concerning any mock-ups you've done.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Legal Intern Interview

Legal Intern
Santa Monica, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Viacom in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, then was emailed to express interest in a virtual interview with automated questions.

Interview Question – Just personal questions: why did you pick your major/minor? what courses are your favorite? (questions were obviously not rewritten with law school in mind) What accomplishment are you most proud of? why viacom? why media? The most unexpected question in the middle of work/school related questions was "what is your favorite book?" simple question but it throws you out of feeling professional   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

Production Assistant

Interviewed at Viacom

Interview Details – I was a former intern, was contacted by management a few months later and was able to prove myself after a few months my contracts became longer.

Interview Question – Describe 3 weaknesses   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

Production Assistant

Interviewed at Viacom

Interview Details – You get a call from HR, then two interviews.

Interview Question – There were no hard questions. Hardest part was getting the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted what they offered and didnt negotiate.

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Viacom.

Interview Details – 3 interviews. What 3 things do you like most about your current job?

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Counsel Interview

Counsel

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Viacom.

Interview Details – Required several interviews from HR to different levels

Desktop Support Intern Interview

Desktop Support Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Viacom in September 2013.

Interview Details – Got an offer for the desktop support intern position and it was one of the best interview experience ever. I showed up the day of was immediately greeted by the senior manager of technology, and right after we went into the meeting room where an IT administrator and an IT tech was also involved in the interview. The interview was very laid back but involved the technical questions for the position and all three employee made me feel very comfortable. The duration of the in view lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Question – The inner workings of Active Directory for Microsoft Windows server   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since it was an internship, negotiations were not necessary but it was a paid position.

Director Interview

Director
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Viacom in March 2011.

Interview Details – 3 Rounds: 1st with HR. 2nd with two VPs and the 3rd with the SVP that the position reports in to.

Interview Question – Where do you see the media industry headed?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, negotiated sign on bonus and 6 week gap between leaving old job and starting new one.