Viacom

Updated Dec 9, 2014
Updated Dec 9, 2014

2.6

Production Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Viacom in May 2014.

I had a phone interview with a recruiter who was based in Santa Monica (I am in NY). She was more concerned about the length of time that had passed between me leaving the company and trying to find a position there again. I was a bit annoyed because Viacom is known for hiring a lot of freelancers who come and go ALL THE TIME. She made it seem that it was a very big deal that I had left the company and was deciding to come back. Even after thinking that the initial screening call did not go so well, they called me in for an interview. I thought the interview went very well and then I did not hear back from them at all. Not a message saying the position was filled. Not a phone call. It's really awful.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you leave the company after 9 years? Why do you think you deserve this position?   View Answer

Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Viacom in May 2014.

Interviewed with a contracted on site recruiter, apparently a routine process at Viacom. The recruiter seemed entirely uninformed about the position and very blase about the whole process. Her energy and enthusiasm level were very low, and her expectations for the first interview were odd: without providing specific details about the position in advance, she expected me to provide "big ideas" on the spot within the first few minutes of the meeting. I did my best to brainstorm on the spot, but the conversation never really led to details position or my experience. I felt like it was a no-win situation, and a huge waste of my time.

Interview Questions
    • Second question of the interview: "So, what are your big ideas?"   View Answer

Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Viacom in May 2014.

I had a similar experience to the Creative Director Interview

In-person interviews were awkward here - they ask you to give ideas for products they are working on, and invite junior staff along to ask questions as their "panel" while some other senior staff are there to listen in on the ideas.

I felt like I wasted my time.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to re-design one of their existing digital products, and create a new one using their video or news content   View Answer

Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Viacom.

Quick process with professional interviewers and HR department.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were basic, but I'm glad I prepared. Helped the convo move along nicely.   Answer Question

Research Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Viacom.

Hiring process is pretty easy, one phone call and next they send me a list of networks that I could choose to work for.

Commercial Operations Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Viacom.

Interview with Human Resource Manager then interview with Manager of department

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Viacom.

Interview was very casual – I was trying to get a sense of the environment, and what the day-to-day entailed as I was interviewing for a field outside of my study. Interviewer (my supervisor, eventually) was friendly and tried to learn about what I wanted to get out of the internship as well. There were no "trick" questions but definitely a few standard "what is your weakness" ones. Be enthusiastic about the company and the opportunity to learn from them. I think they like to see that you are gauging the company/culture as well

Video Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Viacom in April 2014.

I had a phone interview then was brought in for an in person interview. They gave an overview of the position and asked general questions. I met with the person I had been contacting, then her manager.

Interview Questions
    • Have you seen what our competitors are doing in this space?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Viacom in April 2014.

I applied online and was quickly contacted by a member in HR. He then scheduled a phone call that wasn't really an interview, but more of a get to know me. He asked me what division I would be interested in working in and then quickly referred me to that divisions manager. I contacted the division manager and then had a quick, simple interview. It was pretty much me running her through my resume and my interests.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Just walked through my resume.   View Answer

Client Services Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Viacom.

I went through three rounds of interviews. All very straight forward and conversational. Everyone was exceedingly friendly and I couldn't have been more excited when I was extended the offer. I definitely recommend coming prepared with smart questions and lots of them. Be assertive and make sure you finish each interview actually asking for the job.

Interview Questions
    • If you left your current job today, what would your boss miss most about you?   View Answer
    Non-negotialble but the overtime is great.