Viacom Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.6

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Viacom in May 2015.

Interview

I had a telephone interview with a very pleasant and professional woman from their HR department. Questions were very typical and she was extremely respectful of my time since I was speaking with her on my current employers time. At the end of the interview the recruiter stated that she would get back to me by end of business on Friday, May 29. I was quite skeptical but incredibly appreciatative that she emailed me on Thursday. While I'm disappointed that I did not move along in the interview process, this recruiter is a rarity in today's job search market and probably has no idea how much a simple email (even one with not good news) means to an anxious applicant. Thank you Viacom HR for being cognizant and respectful of the applicant's feelings!

Interview Questions

• There were no particularly difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with Service Desk Managers/Supervisors. They asked a series of questions. They were actually quite open with the job functions, requirements. They tested my technical skills via scenarios. They also had some direct questions asked.

Consumer Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Viacom.

Interview

Behavioral questions about skills, past experiences, and interests. Know the networks and be passionate. Phone screen by recruiter then interview by potential department. Tell me about you, skills looking to gain, why the network, thing you are most proud of on resume, time of failure

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY).

Interview

I met the HR team at a campus career fair. It was a quick 1x1 interview at the fair going over my experience and skills. The phone screening was very simple where I walked through my experience and skills again. HR was very open and asked what area/field I would like to explore and what I wanted to do for a career. They worked with me on what I wanted to do. The face to face interview with the department was also very straight forward and laid back with common interview questions and walking through past experiences.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Viacom.

Interview

Pretty Easy and laid back. I just met with the hiring manager and not the HR. I went through the basic introduction and overview of the portfolio. They explain what to expect out of the position.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Viacom.

Interview

I interviewed for an accounting intern position with the Entertainment Group. The interview process was very basic. First, HR contacted me by phone and did a quick interview. They asked me which division of Viacom I'd like to work for and connected me with that division for the next step. Then, I went into the office and met with three different people of that division, one on one. The in-person interview was also very easy. They asked typical non-industry questions.

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY).

Interview

After applying to Viacomcareers.com, I got an email with a set of questions to answer which i submitted and then got another email. The second email was to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview I was asked to set up an in person interview with department supervisor. Two weeks after my interview I was offered the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Took about two weeks to get back to me after application. Interview was scheduled immediately, and employers were prompt and reliable on letting you know when you got the job. However--different departments interview differently. Had one that was much more formal, and another where they asked me NO questions and it was extremely awkward.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Viacom in April 2015.

Interview

First applied online, then heard from the College Relations person after two months. Did a simple phone interview, walked through my resume and gave me two recommended departments. Then interviewed with the department, the whole process felt like a conversation, pretty chill. Then heard back from the college relations person two days later that I got the offer.

Sales Assistant Interview

Interview

The interview process was average. Only interviewed with 2 people. Neither were very challenging. Did have to complete a short quiz in media math. Important to know the basics, even at an entry level. Long wait to start once I accepted the position.

Interview Questions

• They asked your average interview questions re: strengths, weaknesses, challenges, wins, etc.   Answer Question