Viacom Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.6

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Viacom in December 2014.

Got an email response after submitting an online application. I was not screened on the phone prior to the interview. I arrived at the office, they discussed the position and responsibilities, went over the resume, and answered questions about the department. I got an offer the day after via email after following up with the college relations rep.

Copy Content Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Viacom.

The Nickelodeon Creative Resources is the funnest place ever. My interview was so much fun, it felt more like a chat with people who already knew me, rather than a hard-pressed-where-do-you-see-yourself-in-5-years interview. You are going to learn so much, and what you'll be doing is going to be so much fun. Everyday was new, no twiddling your thumbs.

Interview Questions
    • The College Relations team could be a teeny bit standoffish.   View Answer
    It was a breeze. Since it was an internship, the pay and schedule were already set.

Digital Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Viacom.

Applied through their careers website, HR screening over the phone to match up with several openings, 1 phone interview, 1 on-site interview including HR manager and hiring manager.

Recruiter seemed not that technical to understand how related experience would fit well with their openings. Some areas such as video streaming - many professional don't have over 5+ yrs of experience because video service is a relatively new field in digital world. The recruiter shut me down because I don't have "enough" experience for 1 particular opening. Good luck finding someone who'd want to move from Youtube to your company...

The pay sounded very low. The recruiter told me that to keep my current salary range, I would have to take Director or VP level responsibilities. Be aware of this fact if you are currently working in the software industry and want to explore opportunities in media companies. This is probably why they are not able to attract top level digital and technical leaderships because of the low salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Viacom in November 2014.

I got a phone interview from college relation of Viacom like a week later after I submitted my application online. It was like 15 minutes, then an interview with the department, for like about 30 minutes.
    Phone Interview: they are figuring out which department is a good fit for each intern, and briefly knowing my experience.
    Interview: it was a lot about my previous experience and somehow, just knowing me as a person, and give me overview of the department.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Viacom.

The entire process took less than a week. Once I scheduled and completed the phone interview I had my face-to-face interview the next week! It was very efficient and an easy process for such a large company! I'm sure each department differs in the interview process.

General Consideration Interview Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Viacom.

Horrible. As a former intern armed with a stellar resume I was ignored by a talent specialist. He emailed me the location of the interview AFTER our scheduled time. Clearly didn't want to meet with me and nor did he apologize in the email.

Video Manager Interview

the interview process for me was 4 interviews. the process had me meeting with multiple department heads. it moved relatively fast though they were looking to hire someone quickly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Viacom in September 2014.

I applied online some time ago and then one day, out of the blue, received a phone call from the intern recruiter at BET asking if I was available to come in for an interview that same day. I said yes, dressed professionally, and was on my way. When I got there I was the only dressed-up person in the office. It was clear that the attire there was business casual. Many were wearing blue jeans. I met with the woman interviewing me, who was very friendly and excited to speak to me. We looked over my resume together and discussed my past work. She asked me what I want to do in the industry and when I answered immediately with confidence, she was impressed and told me so. She didn't ask any of the typical interview questions that you prepare for. It felt more like a friendly conversation and then she asked me what my availability is. I didn't feel at all like she was trying to intimidate or test me. It was a very comfortable experience. She ended the interview saying she definitely wants me to get the internship, but that she first has to run it through another person before letting me know. She said that I would get an email/call within the next couple of days if I get it. The next day I got an email and then a call. I accepted the internship.

Intern - Hourly Interview

The process begins with an email from college relations asking you to fill out a form with your department and channel interests.

Once they have this information, they recommend a specific department and channel for you to interview with. They ask you to email them directly to set up an interview either in person or on the phone.

Then you have the interview, which typically lasts about 30 minutes. At this company, most people just want you to have the right personality. They recognize you are just interviewing for an internship so it isn't difficult or out of the ordinary. Make sure and talk about your passion of the brand and ask them questions to establish a conversation.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Viacom.

After chat with HR, I see my current boss directly and expressed my strength and skills. He then did a presentation about what they do and let me ask questions. A few days latter he sent a email to let me see his team members. We had a conversation and then I got in.