Viacom

79 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Viacom.

Interview Details – Submitted application online, phone interview, skype interview as well as a written test. This process depends on the team you're applying to though. I thought the process was well-defined.

Interview Question – The written test was pretty challenging.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Viacom.

Interview Details – Interview process was very pleasant and straight to the point.

Interview Question – There was no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation for salary.

Strategic Insights and Research Intern Interview

Strategic Insights and Research Intern
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Viacom in September 2013.

Interview Details – First round interview was with HR over the phone. Then they moved me forward with a specific department of my choice for the second round interview. The second round can be conducted over the phone or in person.

Interview Question – The first round was mostly fit and behavioral questions. The second round was more specific to the department and the brand.   Answer Question

Counsel Interview

Counsel
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Viacom in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted over email by a recruiter to come in for an interview for a counsel position that I applied to. The recruiter and I corresponded over email a number of times and I interviewed with the hiring manager (within legal) a couple weeks later. After the interview, I never received a response from the recruiter or the hiring manager, even though I followed up via email multiple times. I continued to apply for similar positions, as they became available, and the recruiter never responded. I think it is very discourteous and unprofessional that not respond to candidate inquiries or send follow up correspondence to unsuccessful applicants. I will NOT be applying to Viacom again.

Interview Question – Interview was very conversational.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Viacom.

Interview Details – Had a phone screening with an HR recruiter. The HR woman seemed quite dismissive and was difficult to connect with. After applying to the general online application for next semester, I was emailed to set up the phone screening. The problem is, instead of being able to see job descriptions and apply to each network/channel/department separately, they try to go the opposite route and place you wherever they have an opening, whether or not it's what you would be a good fit for (it seems). It took about a week after applying to move forward. Not feeling moving forward for the Spring, but I'll apply or the Summer and be more specific about my preferences department-wise.

Interview Question – Explain your past intern experience in this department...   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Viacom in January 2013.

Interview Details – HR reached out to do a phone screening, afterwards if they think you are a fit they will give you the contact information of the hiring manager. Than it is your job to reach out to the manager and figure out a time to set up the interview. After the interview, they take about a week to let you know whether you received the position or not.

Interview Question – Mostly just personality questions.   Answer Question

Digital Production Intern - TVLand Interview

Digital Production Intern - TVLand

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Viacom.

Interview Details – Simple interview with hearty interviewers. Easily impressionable. If you're looking for an internship in TVLand the interview process should not be a problem as the interviewers do not seem to steer to far from simple questions about your background and how it applies to the type of work you expect to do at the company. Basic stuff.

Interview Question – Why us and not Comedy Central?   Answer Question

Entertainment Group Ad Sales Intern Interview

Entertainment Group Ad Sales Intern

Interviewed at Viacom

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by the College Relations HR department for a phone interview. I was then asked to come into the Ad/Sales office for an in-person interview and received the job offer by the end of the week. The entire interview process was very straight forward, they are simply looking for someone who is willing to do the work and wants to learn.

Interview Question – What do you want to learn from working in our department and why do you think you would be a good fit for us?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Director Interview

Senior Director
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Viacom in February 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed with two people and HR.

Interview Question – All typical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate but apparently you can negotiate your salary and you should.

Finance Intern Interview

Finance Intern
New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Viacom in August 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly easy to set up (HR phone, in person department), but once I acquired the position it took a while to get an actual offer.

Interview Question – It was asked several times what you planned to do to make money, as this internship did not pay.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – At the time, the positions were for college credit only.