Viacom Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.6

Production Assistant Interview

I was a former intern, was contacted by management a few months later and was able to prove myself after a few months my contracts became longer.

Production Assistant Interview

You get a call from HR, then two interviews.

Interview Questions
    • There were no hard questions. Hardest part was getting the interview.   Answer Question
    I accepted what they offered and didnt negotiate.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Viacom.

3 interviews. What 3 things do you like most about your current job?

Counsel Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Viacom.

Required several interviews from HR to different levels

Desktop Support Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Viacom in September 2013.

Got an offer for the desktop support intern position and it was one of the best interview experience ever. I showed up the day of was immediately greeted by the senior manager of technology, and right after we went into the meeting room where an IT administrator and an IT tech was also involved in the interview. The interview was very laid back but involved the technical questions for the position and all three employee made me feel very comfortable. The duration of the in view lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • The inner workings of Active Directory for Microsoft Windows server   Answer Question
    Since it was an internship, negotiations were not necessary but it was a paid position.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Viacom in March 2011.

3 Rounds: 1st with HR. 2nd with two VPs and the 3rd with the SVP that the position reports in to.

Interview Questions
    Yes, negotiated sign on bonus and 6 week gap between leaving old job and starting new one.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Viacom.

Submitted application online, phone interview, skype interview as well as a written test. This process depends on the team you're applying to though. I thought the process was well-defined.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Viacom.

Interview process was very pleasant and straight to the point.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation for salary.

Strategic Insights and Research Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Viacom in September 2013.

First round interview was with HR over the phone. Then they moved me forward with a specific department of my choice for the second round interview. The second round can be conducted over the phone or in person.

Interview Questions
    • The first round was mostly fit and behavioral questions. The second round was more specific to the department and the brand.   Answer Question

Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Viacom in August 2013.

I was contacted over email by a recruiter to come in for an interview for a counsel position that I applied to. The recruiter and I corresponded over email a number of times and I interviewed with the hiring manager (within legal) a couple weeks later. After the interview, I never received a response from the recruiter or the hiring manager, even though I followed up via email multiple times. I continued to apply for similar positions, as they became available, and the recruiter never responded. I think it is very discourteous and unprofessional that not respond to candidate inquiries or send follow up correspondence to unsuccessful applicants. I will NOT be applying to Viacom again.