Viacom

2.6

45 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Copy Content Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Viacom.

The Nickelodeon Creative Resources is the funnest place ever. My interview was so much fun, it felt more like a chat with people who already knew me, rather than a hard-pressed-where-do-you-see-yourself-in-5-years interview. You are going to learn so much, and what you'll be doing is going to be so much fun. Everyday was new, no twiddling your thumbs.

Interview Questions
    • The College Relations team could be a teeny bit standoffish.   View Answer
    It was a breeze. Since it was an internship, the pay and schedule were already set.

Digital Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Viacom.

Applied through their careers website, HR screening over the phone to match up with several openings, 1 phone interview, 1 on-site interview including HR manager and hiring manager.

Recruiter seemed not that technical to understand how related experience would fit well with their openings. Some areas such as video streaming - many professional don't have over 5+ yrs of experience because video service is a relatively new field in digital world. The recruiter shut me down because I don't have "enough" experience for 1 particular opening. Good luck finding someone who'd want to move from Youtube to your company...

The pay sounded very low. The recruiter told me that to keep my current salary range, I would have to take Director or VP level responsibilities. Be aware of this fact if you are currently working in the software industry and want to explore opportunities in media companies. This is probably why they are not able to attract top level digital and technical leaderships because of the low salary.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Viacom in September 2014.

I applied online some time ago and then one day, out of the blue, received a phone call from the intern recruiter at BET asking if I was available to come in for an interview that same day. I said yes, dressed professionally, and was on my way. When I got there I was the only dressed-up person in the office. It was clear that the attire there was business casual. Many were wearing blue jeans. I met with the woman interviewing me, who was very friendly and excited to speak to me. We looked over my resume together and discussed my past work. She asked me what I want to do in the industry and when I answered immediately with confidence, she was impressed and told me so. She didn't ask any of the typical interview questions that you prepare for. It felt more like a friendly conversation and then she asked me what my availability is. I didn't feel at all like she was trying to intimidate or test me. It was a very comfortable experience. She ended the interview saying she definitely wants me to get the internship, but that she first has to run it through another person before letting me know. She said that I would get an email/call within the next couple of days if I get it. The next day I got an email and then a call. I accepted the internship.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Viacom.

After chat with HR, I see my current boss directly and expressed my strength and skills. He then did a presentation about what they do and let me ask questions. A few days latter he sent a email to let me see his team members. We had a conversation and then I got in.

Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Viacom in May 2014.

Interviewed with a contracted on site recruiter, apparently a routine process at Viacom. The recruiter seemed entirely uninformed about the position and very blase about the whole process. Her energy and enthusiasm level were very low, and her expectations for the first interview were odd: without providing specific details about the position in advance, she expected me to provide "big ideas" on the spot within the first few minutes of the meeting. I did my best to brainstorm on the spot, but the conversation never really led to details position or my experience. I felt like it was a no-win situation, and a huge waste of my time.

Interview Questions
    • Second question of the interview: "So, what are your big ideas?"   View Answer

Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Viacom in May 2014.

I had a similar experience to the Creative Director Interview

In-person interviews were awkward here - they ask you to give ideas for products they are working on, and invite junior staff along to ask questions as their "panel" while some other senior staff are there to listen in on the ideas.

I felt like I wasted my time.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to re-design one of their existing digital products, and create a new one using their video or news content   View Answer

Video Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Viacom in April 2014.

I had a phone interview then was brought in for an in person interview. They gave an overview of the position and asked general questions. I met with the person I had been contacting, then her manager.

Interview Questions
    • Have you seen what our competitors are doing in this space?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Viacom in April 2014.

I applied online and was quickly contacted by a member in HR. He then scheduled a phone call that wasn't really an interview, but more of a get to know me. He asked me what division I would be interested in working in and then quickly referred me to that divisions manager. I contacted the division manager and then had a quick, simple interview. It was pretty much me running her through my resume and my interests.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Just walked through my resume.   View Answer

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Viacom in March 2014.

Process took 4 weeks. 1 interview with 3 rounds - SSE + AE + Director of Client Services. The HR interview came second. Basic interview rapport - it was more of a conversation and making a correlation with my current position and the one at hand. Everyone was VERY friendly - very positive. Cool people, cool company & cool location.

Interview Questions
    Everyone is brought on at the same rate no negotiations - O/T is a + though.

CRM Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Viacom in February 2014.

Very straight forward, no trick questions. Hiring manager was really only interesting in my level of hands-on experience, rightly so. The job responsibilities were somewhat silo-ed, so there wasn't a great deal of diversity within this particular position. Overall, it was a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • None - was all about finding a person with the most relevant skill set.   Answer Question