Viacom Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Apr 12, 2015
Updated Apr 12, 2015

2.6

Production Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Viacom (New York, NY).

Interview

After applying to Viacomcareers.com, I got an email with a set of questions to answer which i submitted and then got another email. The second email was to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview I was asked to set up an in person interview with department supervisor. Two weeks after my interview I was offered the position.

E-commerce Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY).

Interview

First phone call was with HR - a couple of days later I was contacted by HR to get in contact with the head of the department I was being considered for. I contacted the supervisor, we set up a phone interview - I was offered the internship position about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Everything I was asked was in regards to my past experience - mostly in regards to my buying experience and knowledge of Google Analytics.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Viacom (New York, NY).

Interview

First, I had a phone interview. Then I got 2 rounds onsite interviews. All the interviewers are very nice and they just asked me some routine questions. Nothing difficult.

Questions I remembered: Why you want to intern with Viacom? Walk me through your resume. Talk more on 1-2 your previous internships. What areas are you interested in?

Copy Content Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Viacom (New York, NY).

Interview

The Nickelodeon Creative Resources is the funnest place ever. My interview was so much fun, it felt more like a chat with people who already knew me, rather than a hard-pressed-where-do-you-see-yourself-in-5-years interview. You are going to learn so much, and what you'll be doing is going to be so much fun. Everyday was new, no twiddling your thumbs.

Interview Questions

• The College Relations team could be a teeny bit standoffish.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a breeze. Since it was an internship, the pay and schedule were already set.

Digital Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Viacom (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through their careers website, HR screening over the phone to match up with several openings, 1 phone interview, 1 on-site interview including HR manager and hiring manager.

Recruiter seemed not that technical to understand how related experience would fit well with their openings. Some areas such as video streaming - many professional don't have over 5+ yrs of experience because video service is a relatively new field in digital world. The recruiter shut me down because I don't have "enough" experience for 1 particular opening. Good luck finding someone who'd want to move from Youtube to your company...

The pay sounded very low. The recruiter told me that to keep my current salary range, I would have to take Director or VP level responsibilities. Be aware of this fact if you are currently working in the software industry and want to explore opportunities in media companies. This is probably why they are not able to attract top level digital and technical leaderships because of the low salary.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I got a phone interview from college relation of Viacom like a week later after I submitted my application online. It was like 15 minutes, then an interview with the department, for like about 30 minutes.
    Phone Interview: they are figuring out which department is a good fit for each intern, and briefly knowing my experience.
    Interview: it was a lot about my previous experience and somehow, just knowing me as a person, and give me overview of the department.

Graphics Producer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

When a company brings you in for 3 separate interviews, you expect to at least get a follow up email telling you if you got the job or not. Not Viacom. This was one of the most disorganized interview processes I've been a part of, and I never received feed back one way or another.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online some time ago and then one day, out of the blue, received a phone call from the intern recruiter at BET asking if I was available to come in for an interview that same day. I said yes, dressed professionally, and was on my way. When I got there I was the only dressed-up person in the office. It was clear that the attire there was business casual. Many were wearing blue jeans. I met with the woman interviewing me, who was very friendly and excited to speak to me. We looked over my resume together and discussed my past work. She asked me what I want to do in the industry and when I answered immediately with confidence, she was impressed and told me so. She didn't ask any of the typical interview questions that you prepare for. It felt more like a friendly conversation and then she asked me what my availability is. I didn't feel at all like she was trying to intimidate or test me. It was a very comfortable experience. She ended the interview saying she definitely wants me to get the internship, but that she first has to run it through another person before letting me know. She said that I would get an email/call within the next couple of days if I get it. The next day I got an email and then a call. I accepted the internship.

Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Viacom (New York, NY).

Interview

After chat with HR, I see my current boss directly and expressed my strength and skills. He then did a presentation about what they do and let me ask questions. A few days latter he sent a email to let me see his team members. We had a conversation and then I got in.

Creative Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with a contracted on site recruiter, apparently a routine process at Viacom. The recruiter seemed entirely uninformed about the position and very blase about the whole process. Her energy and enthusiasm level were very low, and her expectations for the first interview were odd: without providing specific details about the position in advance, she expected me to provide "big ideas" on the spot within the first few minutes of the meeting. I did my best to brainstorm on the spot, but the conversation never really led to details position or my experience. I felt like it was a no-win situation, and a huge waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• Second question of the interview: "So, what are your big ideas?"   1 Answer