Viad

Relevance Date Difficulty

Production Designer Interview

Production Designer
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Viad in November 2013.

Interview Details – Asked the strangest questions. Did not show me the shop location or equipment.

Interview Question – Asked me if I would work for $10.00 per hour.   View Answer

Guide Interview

Guide
Anchorage, AK

I applied online - interviewed at Viad in March 2012.

Interview Details – There were two phone interviews via skype. The interview was pretty easy and went well. During the interview I was told that we would be paid 1600 dollars a month on salary and also get room and board. The other five people who took this position were told the same. When we got to the Lodge in the backwoods of Alaska (at our own expence) we were then informend that the interview was incorrect and that we would be paid minimume wage by the hour. I found this to be very disaponting and unproffesional.

Interview Question – The hardest question was "what is the hardest job you've ever had?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – We were infomend of a salary during the interview. The company later decided to pay us minumem wage by the hour after we had alread traveled to backcountry alaska. They told us that if we did not like it we could walk away.

Worked for Viad? Contribute to the Community!