Viagogo

Very Difficult Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Viagogo in January 2012.

Interview Details – They have several interviews, which is of course standard for most tech positions. The first interview was a phone interview by one of the engineers, to assess your personality. This was fine, I was asked many questions on how to do this or that. A friend gave me feedback that the nature of the questions asked suggested that they were trying to get ideas for me on how to solve issues they may have been dealing with, such as how to improve the speed of the website, etc.

I was called in for an in-person interview. Two people interviewed me. One of them was the "managing director". Nice fellow, thorough interview, he will go over each of your past jobs and why you left.

The software development manager, will grill you hard on various points. He is a very smart man that knows a lot about .NET. I rarely meet individuals with his level of knowledge as a programmer. However, his goal is to focus on your weaknesses and not your strengths.

After this interview, you may be asked to provide a demonstration. Expect to spend at least 20 to 60 hours working on this without getting paid if you want it to be impressive. During the demo, I was heckled multiple times by one of the engineers, for things such as the quality of my laptop, the color scheme of my web demo, etc. He generally had a very condescending attitude from my point of view.

After the demo, more waiting, and my recruiter was constantly being told that I would be hired, which was then told to me, which was then told to my family and friends, who were very proud of me for my accomplishments, especially since I come from an uneducated family that could not afford college and was setting a good example for them.

The tech manager requested that I meet with the CTO. I went into my fourth interview with the company, this time with the CTO, and the tech manager was present as well. It went ok. More rhetoric followed to my recruiter stating that the interview went well, and that I would be hired imminently. More weeks went by, and supposedly they were working on HR paperwork. It had been probably two months at this point since I had started interviewing.

I was then told that my references that I had provided were not good enough. My recruiter told me that one of my references had been contacted. However, this reference was not contacted. I provided more references, including a former manager. They did not call any of these additional references (I provided six total to my recruiter and none of them were called).

A couple more weeks went by and then I was told by my recruiter that they had changed their mind about hiring for the position.

Interview Question – Please return to us in three weeks with a demonstration of your coding abilities, having something to do with ticket sales. Use external APIs such as Twitter, Facebook API, and async callbacks, with current .NET 4 technologies.   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor - German Speaking Interview

Customer Service Advisor - German Speaking
London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Viagogo in March 2014.

Interview Details – i was called by a recruitment agency, I registered with them personally, they kind of prepared me for the interview and then next day I was interviewing within the company.
there I spoke to a customer service manager lady (we had a good chat but seeing her body language and the way she spoke I had no good feeling about it...)

My writing skills in target (foreign) language were also tested.

Interview Question – in what terms I would like to step up my career within Viagogo role.   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer - Contractor Interview

Senior Software Developer - Contractor
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Viagogo in June 2013.

Interview Details – This was most stringent interview I have ever attended for a contractor role.

In total there were 3 stages, first one was Telephone interview with HR. Once that is through they called me for face 2 face written test. I got through that as well. Then I was called again for a in depth coding - where I had to write program on PC based on the case study. I felt it went on very well. Then I had discussion with Development manager.

Before attending face to face I mentioned them that I already had an offer from another company. They even asked me how much was I offered on daily rate with other company.

Later I received email from HR saying I was not selected without giving any feedback. It was so unfair after going through so many stages and yet receive no proper feedback from them. Just an email!! I tried calling them over phone but no one answers. Ofcoz! now why would they !?!

On the top this - They never confirmed what was the daily rate, even after asking, and the duration of the contract. All HR said was we dont tell like 6 month or 12 month contract, we will keep you if we like you. What does that mean!!!! Thats not how contract role works!!

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive

Interviewed at Viagogo

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews with Business Development executives, mainly about my experience, questions about the company, what I wanted to know and also questions to find out what kind of a person I was, probably to see if I fit with the team. When I passed the interview stage I was given two case studies to prepare for and then conducted the presentations about the business which gave a clearer idea of what the company does.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Business Associate Interview

Business Associate
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Viagogo.

Interview Details – I found the job on the internet and applied for it, then I was invited for an interview.
There were a group of 2 or 3 people competing against me for this position. During the interview with the (unprepared) team leader, she asked a bunch of non sense, shallow questions, then required me to complete a task and email back in some days time. Then I was offered the position.

Interview Question – How do I see myself in 5 years time.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Junior Ecommerce Associate Interview

Junior Ecommerce Associate
Sydney (Australia)

I applied online - interviewed at Viagogo in January 2013.

Interview Details – Extremely unprofessional. Interview was scheduled in a cafe not in an office so it was not private. I find it difficult to open up on my skills/technicals in a public and noisy place. Extremely trollish questions were asked. Such as : "did you even read the job ad?"

Of course I did who the hell comes to interviews without researching the company?

When I asked if other positions were available, he responded 'No' and proceeded to shut me down and cut me off. Interview lasted less than 1 minute and walked away from me as if I wasted his time.

Interview Question – No questions were even asked. Young employees have no manners.   Answer Question

Worked for Viagogo? Contribute to the Community!