Viator Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2015

2.8

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Viator.

Met with team members who ranged in attitude from bored to standoffish and rude. From research, and what I heard from some friends of mine who works= there, most of the team and like all leaders of the company have been there for a long time (like, 5-9 YEARS) so it seems very cliquey - perhaps people are just counting their days until the end, since they were recently acquired by TripAdvisor? Still, I was interviewed for a position that was open, so the outlook shouldn't be too bleak, unless leadership really has no idea what they are doing whatsoever? Anyway, I was uncomfortable for most the time and got the feeling that even the director of the team didn't know what she was interviewing me for. I hope it was just an "off" day for the Viator, since we all have those from time to time! Also, the phone calls I had prior to the interview were pretty smooth.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I was asked was about analytics, but not because II don't have the background. It was just difficult to explain how I would use Viator's tools to measure success since the person who asked the question admitted thet were still trying ot figure that out thsmelves.   Answer Question

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Viator in January 2015.

It began with a short vetting call from the hiring manager, then a call with the design director, and finally an in-person with various people in the company coming and sitting down with you to ask a few questions. Overall a very friendly process.

Interview Questions
    • What is a tough design challenge you recently had? How did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Product Promotion and Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Viator.

Interview process was great. Everyone was friendly, on time and asked good questions. It really helped me understand the company and the companies focus. They gave me a tour, and even had me meet with some key executives.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Viator in March 2014.

Very informal interview. The team wanted to make sure of the fit personally as well as professionally. Many of the questions were standard. I was very impressed with the overall atmosphere

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Viator in January 2014.

The team was very friendly and made me feel welcome. Pretty informal interview process although they were thorough. After seeing I had the experience, it was then about "fit" with the team and the company.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Viator in March 2013.

The interview process was fair. The interviewers were very considerate and asked detailed questions aregarding ones work history and employment objectives. I did nmot like the work schedule. It was inflexible. Training started at 6am each day. A more appropriate time would have been 8:00am.