Vibes Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2015

2.8

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Interview

Really great. Lots of time involved but very thorough and detailed. There was an interview with hr, then the teams, then a final interview called the topgrade with a presentation..... The topgrade interview was very challenging and took about 3 hours but I think it makes a lot of sense. It's a way to make sure it's the right fit for both parties involved, which I really appreciate.

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vibes (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied on-line - quick intro call within the first week. I was then supposed to talk to someone else in H.R. First The HR Specialist is probably why this position is still open 2 months later. There is definitely lack of accountability at this company I thought to myself - do I really want to work for a company when you start off with such a negative and unprofessional experience? No. HR emailed one minute before the interview claiming she was caught up in a two hour meeting on Friday at 3:30. I emailed back other times for the following week and never heard back. My phone rings on Wed the next week and HR left a message stating she thought we had a call today, but then looked at her email and she forgot to hit "send". I never called back, no thanks - please try to respect other people's time and first impressions are everything!

Interview Questions

• General background info of your resume - quick and easy.   1 Answer

Developer Interview

Interview

There are about 5 rounds of interviews. First round is with HR, then with the hiring manager. After that I was brought into the office for all day interviews with various team members. The final process was a top grade interview which goes over various different aspects of your career and decision making skills. The questions were all relevant to the job and industry.

Interview Questions

• Have you used Ruby on Rails? If so please explain RESTful routes   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate income.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vibes.

Interview

Terrible process. Lots of back and forth between the hiring manager(s) and HR with no apparent communication amongst them. If you're a minority, be prepared for extra scrutinization. The references I provided were never enough, I had to find contacts in my employment history that went back more than a decade. It was just endless. I wonder why I had to come up with all that while the average age of their staff is probably 23, I'd highly doubt that most of them could come up with references that go back more than 2 years.

Interview Questions

• all cliche questions. It's not the questions, it's the length of the process. They kept me there all day   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation as to the salary. If you're a minority, be prepared for extra scrutinization for reference check, calling your current employer, etc…

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vibes.

Interview

I was very impressed to say the least. The office environment is like none that I've seen for a company that is by no means a "start-up". After being interviewed by several different employees I found myself not really wanting to leave. Everywhere you look, people seemed to be very happy, and that is ultimately what sold me.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to go from doing freelance to working for an established "more corporate" company?   Answer Question

An Internal Position In Chicago, Il Interview

Interview

Totally straight forward - nothing overly taxing, exactly what you'd think. These folks aren't rocket scientists...just agree with most things that they ask you and smile a lot. Name drop and company/name drop. They eat that up. It's like they've never been outside Chicago before!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

simple

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Interview

The interview process was a little longer than anticipated. I had a 45 minute phone interview where they had me go through my resume and explained the internship--pretty typical. A week later they called and had me come in for a live interview. I was interviewed by three people back-to-back where I kind of had to repeat myself. No surprising questions. Just have fun and make sure you research the company and industry.

Interview Questions

• Know current trends in mobile marketing just to really show you know your stuff   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A The internship is unpaid

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vibes (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online back in November. In January, I received an email request for a phone interview. Odd, but ok. I went ahead with the phone interview, which was short and to the point. On the phone, I was asked to come in for an in-person, and would receive information on scheduling. Received a prompt response for scheduling a time, and set up an in-person for the following week, which I was told would take upwards of two hours. I met with 4 different people, including HR, and answered the same standard questions. Was told that the hiring process would be quick, as they were short-staffed and looking to bring someone in ASAP. I said that worked perfectly and asked if I didn't hear back, if I could follow up. HR assured me that I would hear back. Over a week later, I still had yet to hear anything and sent an email asking about the process. Was informed that the process had been slowed down by people's travel schedules, and that I would hear back within the week or next week. Reached out AGAIN when I still hadn't heard anything, and got no response. I found this completely rude and unprofessional considering that I was one of the top candidates for the role (and had been told that in conversations). A lack of rejection is worse than a prompt response saying "thanks, but no thanks." Would not apply again-- waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• They were all standard questions about my work experience. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Vibes (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had a great phone interview, during which the recruiter mentioned I would continue on in the interview process. I was so excited! One week went by and I heard nothing so I emailed to follow up - no response. The next day I called her, no response. THEN I emailed the recruiter (that first told me about the position) and she didn't respond either. I was pretty disappointed. It's totally OK with me if you decided to go with other candidates (even AFTER you mentioned I was being invited in for an in - person interview) but couldn't you respond to my follow up? I'm so glad I never heard back because I found something else that I now feel was a better fit. At the time I was very disappointed.

Mobile Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vibes (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

The woman from HR who interviewed me was totally unprofessional and very abrasive. She was a really poor reflection of this company and convinced me that this is not the place for me. She just kept drilling me with the same questions over and over, which wasn't at all necessary.