Vibes

Relevance Date Difficulty

An Internal Position In Chicago, Il Interview

An Internal Position In Chicago, Il

Interviewed at Vibes

Interview Details – Totally straight forward - nothing overly taxing, exactly what you'd think. These folks aren't rocket scientists...just agree with most things that they ask you and smile a lot. Name drop and company/name drop. They eat that up. It's like they've never been outside Chicago before!

Interview Question – Tell us a time when you were under pressure   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – simple

Very Easy Interview

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Vibes in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online back in November. In January, I received an email request for a phone interview. Odd, but ok. I went ahead with the phone interview, which was short and to the point. On the phone, I was asked to come in for an in-person, and would receive information on scheduling. Received a prompt response for scheduling a time, and set up an in-person for the following week, which I was told would take upwards of two hours. I met with 4 different people, including HR, and answered the same standard questions. Was told that the hiring process would be quick, as they were short-staffed and looking to bring someone in ASAP. I said that worked perfectly and asked if I didn't hear back, if I could follow up. HR assured me that I would hear back. Over a week later, I still had yet to hear anything and sent an email asking about the process. Was informed that the process had been slowed down by people's travel schedules, and that I would hear back within the week or next week. Reached out AGAIN when I still hadn't heard anything, and got no response. I found this completely rude and unprofessional considering that I was one of the top candidates for the role (and had been told that in conversations). A lack of rejection is worse than a prompt response saying "thanks, but no thanks." Would not apply again-- waste of my time.

Interview Question – They were all standard questions about my work experience. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Vibes

Interview Details – The interview process was a little longer than anticipated. I had a 45 minute phone interview where they had me go through my resume and explained the internship--pretty typical. A week later they called and had me come in for a live interview. I was interviewed by three people back-to-back where I kind of had to repeat myself. No surprising questions. Just have fun and make sure you research the company and industry.

Interview Question – Know current trends in mobile marketing just to really show you know your stuff   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A The internship is unpaid

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Vibes.

Interview Details – I had a great phone interview, during which the recruiter mentioned I would continue on in the interview process. I was so excited! One week went by and I heard nothing so I emailed to follow up - no response. The next day I called her, no response. THEN I emailed the recruiter (that first told me about the position) and she didn't respond either. I was pretty disappointed. It's totally OK with me if you decided to go with other candidates (even AFTER you mentioned I was being invited in for an in - person interview) but couldn't you respond to my follow up? I'm so glad I never heard back because I found something else that I now feel was a better fit. At the time I was very disappointed.

Interview Question – I really can't remember.   Answer Question

Mobile Interview

Mobile
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Vibes in February 2012.

Interview Details – The woman from HR who interviewed me was totally unprofessional and very abrasive. She was a really poor reflection of this company and convinced me that this is not the place for me. She just kept drilling me with the same questions over and over, which wasn't at all necessary.

Interview Questions

Mobile Interview

Mobile
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Vibes in October 2011.

Interview Details – Be prepared for a full interrogation on the phone by the HR manager. She's over-the-top with her self-importance and how she controls the interview. The level of detail for the initial phone screen is far and above what is necessary. I was invited for a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager who was late and had to reduce the amount of time to meet because of conflicting appointments. The HR manager conducted a tour of the office area which is similar to a race track that enables dot.com wannabes to tool around on Razor Scooters in search of free food and beverages. In fact, the company's play area dominates over 25% of their work space. The work environment appears to be a day care center for adults. Not professional and totally cliche. If want to move into a serious career opportunity, I'd skip this environment for one that doesn't attempt to be what it is not.

Interview Question – Take me through your resume, job-by-job, the reason you left, etc.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Vibes in May 2011.

Interview Details – Emailed resume & cover letter to HR. Received phone call about scheduling interview.

Interview Question – Walk me through your resume   Answer Question

Worked for Vibes? Contribute to the Community!