Viceroy Hotel Group

Marketing Associate Interview

Marketing Associate
Los Angeles, CA

Interviewed at Viceroy Hotel Group

Interview Details – I interviewed at their corporate office in Downtown LA. Though the office itself seemed quite a bit dated and spartan (which surprised me a but considering how modern and luxurious many of their hotels are), I know this is the norm in the industry, and it seemed like an overall positive working environment. I have no complaints whatsoever about my actual interview - my interviewer was kind and asked all the standard questions. Nothing out of the ordinary or particularly memorable.

I did, however, find issue with their behavior post-interview. I sent a thank you letter and even followed up by email to check in a week later - nothing. This was after my interviewer had said before I left that they would definitely email or call me to let me know of their status (even if I wasn't chosen to come in again, kind of thing, which I appreciated). My kind personal emails to my interviewer went unanswered. If this were a huge corporation with a billion employees and open positions they're trying to fill (like Google) I understand. But this is a boutique hotel group.

I obviously wasn't in the running - fine. I now know it wasn't the right job for me anyway so all definitely worked out for the best (as the universe tends to do!) and there are no hard feelings, but I do have an issue with someone who doesn't follow up on their word. I especially have an issue with this when you are literally in the business of providing world-class customer service. To not respond to a completely non-threatening, check-in email and/or phone call honestly just left a sour taste in my mouth. I now manage and hire people for my new company and can tell you that this behavior is unacceptable. I know how much work and stress goes into the interview process when you're looking for a job - the least one can do as a hiring manager is honor the interviewee and the work they have put in to their meeting with you with a simple email or phone call follow-up.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness? (This is not a very unexpected question but it can sometimes be a tricky one)   Answer Question

Events Manager Interview

Events Manager
Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)

I applied online - interviewed at Viceroy Hotel Group in June 2012.

Interview Details – It was quite simple, First to apply in their career site, Their HR sent me an email to first interview with Assistant Dir of HR & Director of Sales & Marketing for personal interview then to met with Hotel Manager,

Interview Question – Not that to difficult, questions are like, asking my experiences, strength & weaknesses. E.g, tell me about the time that you have to deal with unhappy clients.   Answer Question

Opening Management Interview

Opening Management

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Viceroy Hotel Group in June 2009.

Interview Details – Met with the General Manager and talked in his office for a little while. He asked me to return in the afternoon and took me on a tour of the new buildings. I also met the Director of Human Resources. They were both great people. Since the project was in the pre-opening stage, I had to wait until the hotel opened to start the position and I could not wait until then.

Interview Question – Why are you suitable for this position?   Answer Question

Executive Chef Interview

Executive Chef

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Viceroy Hotel Group in January 2008.

Interview Details – Went well overall, not very much food and beverage oriented at the property I interviewed. Company is fairly small and is just getting off the ground with it's brands.

Interview Question – Take me through a typical day in your current position?   Answer Question

Worked for Viceroy Hotel Group? Contribute to the Community!