Vicor Corp. Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.7

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vicor Corp..

Interview

Consisted of one phone screen with manager and one on-site interview. On site interview consisted of members of the team interviewing in pairs. There were around 4 to 5 group / individual interviews. Ended with HR interview. Got feedback in few weeks time.

Interview Questions

• Core Java questions, PL/SQL, general questions about background and experience   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Vicor Corp..

Interview

Had a phone interview with one of the engineers where they asked me about my background and previous experience. All the questions were rather general and geared toward getting to know me. I was able to ask a few questions at the end to better understand my responsibilities. The engineer was very helpful and descriptive about my tasks.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vicor Corp. (Worcester, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and get a phone call by the recruiter, schedule a phone interview with a manager. The phone interview took one hour. I was introduced about the company and then more information about the position. Then asked about the projects on my resume. Along with some behavior questions. And my skills about the job description.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vicor Corp. in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got email for phone interview. Answered the call at work. Asked me a few technical questions. But we could not agree on basic concepts. I work on firmware/embedded software that uses Embedded operating system and very complicated. But Vicor uses much simpler micro-controller and no OS. So we could not agree what firmware really means. Also some hardware questions. I agree with another reviewer, the interviewer is a little arrogant and always thinks he is the correct, refuses to listen. I can image it is going to be hard to work with him. Candidates come from different backgrounds and it is a good idea for a manager to listen and understand their opinions. A few days later got email of not good fit, which I agree.

Interview Questions

• What does volatile, constant mean? I used these in my job and have good understanding.   Answer Question

Electrical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vicor Corp. (Andover, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a hiring person and interviewed the next week.The interview was with three different people over about an hour and a half. It was almost purely incredibly hard technical questions too specific to ever have been covered in school. I never got an offer but I wasn't disappointed because of how poorly the questions were answered and how bleak and closed in the office area was. I was contacted the next week with an email saying I wasn't going to get the offer and why. It was very professional of them to follow up in that manner.

Interview Questions

• Here's a datasheet for a chip you've never seen before. Tell me the four most important characteristics and why.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vicor Corp. (Rochester, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with two interviewers. 40 mins. Got a call. They explained about their company. Asked a few questions about my projects and experiences. Asked about my interests. Asked me questions on the languages I am most comfortable with (java) and a few questions and concepts related to SQL.

Interview Questions

• Basic Java questions. SQL. DBMS concepts. JavaScript questions. No coding interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not try negotiations.

Engineer Interview

Interview

Got a phone call from the hiring manager. The most unprofessional and arrogant interview ever! There was no introduction to the company, no introduction to the technical group. The interview started with a lot of simple questions and ended very quickly. I had all the simple questions correctly answered. I had no idea what was wrong with the hiring manager.

Manufacturing Engineer Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vicor Corp. (Andover, MA) in December 2013.

Interview

Quick over the phone Pre-Screen interview with HR. In person interview with HR, your supervisor and the department manager. Typical questions, mainly about past work experience and if you are someone that they would want to work with. They will usually have you do a tour of the factory floor, where you will be working.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you worked with a great. What was your role in the group?   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vicor Corp..

Interview

Was asked basic HR questions as in projects, previous experience, basic data base questions like joins, query analyze etc.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vicor Corp. in January 2010.

Interview

Phone interview for Co-Op position. Very nice person from the HR contacted me from finding my resume on our university's job link. Was then referred to the technical manager for a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about manufacturing electrical components?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was for a co-op position so I didn't feel I had the place to negotiate salary or anything.