Victaulic

Updated Jan 24, 2015
Updated Jan 24, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Easton, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Victaulic.

Very lengthy. Involves many questionnaires, personality test, and face to face interviews. One of the surveys takes as much as six hours to complete. The hiring process will require significant investment of time from candidates. I believe their goal is due diligence, but I suggest they reevaluate their processes - they're a bit of an overkill. Also, there seemed to be a disconnect between their recruiters (who are internal) and the hiring managers. This may have extended the process somewhat. There is so much work to do in the process, that you may get the feeling that you are already working for the company before you actually are hired.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview stuff - no difficult or trick questions in my experience   Answer Question

Not an appropriate work life balance for me.

Programmer Interview

Everything was calm easy to talk to, nothing stressful about it. People were nice. Everyone passing by said hello. The place seemed very clean as well. Offices seemed a bit small when interviewing. Interview process was long.

pay wasn't good

Sales Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Victaulic in March 2014.

Two phone interviews. And then one in person interview. In person one was very casual and mostly a conversation where you learn a lot about the company. The two phone interviews are very basic preliminary interviews where you learn a little more about the company and what they have to offer.

Interview Questions
    • If you won the lottery, and money was no object, what is something you would do.   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Victaulic in March 2014.

Got contacted by HR representative to schedule an interview. Had to take a personality assessment. After that, had a phone interview with a Regional Sales Manager. From there, was flown out to Indianapolis for another interview with Regional Sales Manager. Then never got contacted again. HR is very slow.

Anonymous Employee in Grand Junction, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Grand Junction, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Victaulic in January 2014.

I applied online and received an email almost immediately asking me to complete two somewhat tedious personality/skills assessments. A couple days later I was contacted and asked when I would be available for a phone interview. My phone interview went well and my information was passed on to the local manager, who took some time in getting a hold of me. When a time was arranged to meet him I had to drive about 200 miles to meet him, which wasn't too terrible since Victaulic reimburses you for mileage. After the interview some time passed without me hearing back, so I contacted my HR contact who told me that they had decided to go with another candidate, which I believe was untrue, since they continued to list the job on monster for some time after that. All in all a fairly positive experience, but I wish that they had simply told me that they weren't interested in me, instead of pretending that they had hired someone else.

Interview Questions
    • Almost every question was of the "tell me about a time that you had x experience at work and how you dealt with it" an most of them were sales oriented.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Victaulic.

The interview process is lengthy and you have to take a couple of assessment test

Not that good

Marketing Communications Positions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Easton, PA

I am more than qualified for any positions advertised. HR is slower than a lost turtle. They don't get back to you and then offer that "other candidates" were more qualified. I have been trying to get a face to face interview for years.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you being so persistent in wanting to work for Victaulic?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Victaulic.

Hiring Process: Phone interview with Victaulic recruiting department. Next step was a phone interview with "regional manager". Next step, face to face interview.
    Face to face interview was as far as I went with them. I was told I did not meet the qualifications after the interview. This was strange because the manager knew my qualification ahead of time from when we spoke during the phone interview. Manager was a totally different in person from the phone. Maybe I caught him on a bad day, but I was surprised from the moment we met(he thought he was interviewing someone else, called me by the wrong name and generally did not want to be there).

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I planned on having kids and that the job requires a lot of time/travel commitment. I should "seriously consider the impact of kids". It was not a direct question, but was brought up during the interview which was not very professional.
      I asked the manager about what his employees thought of his management style. His response: "Why would I care what they think about me".

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Victaulic in January 2013.

I was recruited on-campus after participating in a sales competition that they held through my school. There was an initial phone screening, an online personality test, and then a face to face interview with a district sales manager. After that, they usually make you go on a ride-along with one of the sales reps so you can get a better feel of what a day in the life is in that position. Finally, I had one more interview with the VP of sales. The interview process is pretty straightforward and they do not really throw any curve-balls at you. They seem to be very fair and honest to their employees in terms of compensation and work life balance.

Interview Questions

Had another offer for a non-sales job that I thought would better suit my skill set

Sales Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Victaulic in October 2012.

The interview started out very relaxed but then quickly made a turn for the worse. I was asked to describe the structure of the company and I accidentally used the wrong term during my explanation which I immediately caught myself, corrected my error and apologized. Yet apparently the recruiter was not convinced that I understood because the rest of the interview felt like an interrogation.