Victaulic

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Victaulic in March 2014.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews. And then one in person interview. In person one was very casual and mostly a conversation where you learn a lot about the company. The two phone interviews are very basic preliminary interviews where you learn a little more about the company and what they have to offer.

Interview Question – If you won the lottery, and money was no object, what is something you would do.   Answer Question

Grand Junction, CO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Victaulic in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email almost immediately asking me to complete two somewhat tedious personality/skills assessments. A couple days later I was contacted and asked when I would be available for a phone interview. My phone interview went well and my information was passed on to the local manager, who took some time in getting a hold of me. When a time was arranged to meet him I had to drive about 200 miles to meet him, which wasn't too terrible since Victaulic reimburses you for mileage. After the interview some time passed without me hearing back, so I contacted my HR contact who told me that they had decided to go with another candidate, which I believe was untrue, since they continued to list the job on monster for some time after that. All in all a fairly positive experience, but I wish that they had simply told me that they weren't interested in me, instead of pretending that they had hired someone else.

Interview Question – Almost every question was of the "tell me about a time that you had x experience at work and how you dealt with it" an most of them were sales oriented.   View Answer

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Territory Sales Manager
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Victaulic in March 2014.

Interview Details – Got contacted by HR representative to schedule an interview. Had to take a personality assessment. After that, had a phone interview with a Regional Sales Manager. From there, was flown out to Indianapolis for another interview with Regional Sales Manager. Then never got contacted again. HR is very slow.

Interview Question – Why Sales?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Midland, TX

I applied online and interviewed at Victaulic.

Interview Details – The interview process is lengthy and you have to take a couple of assessment test

Negotiation Details – Not that good

Supply Chain Rotation Interview

Supply Chain Rotation
Easton, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Victaulic in April 2009.

Interview Details – Contacted by internal recruiter that was very good at selling the company. After passing the phone screen, I was brought in and interviewed by the department managers and a current employee that was part of the rotational process.

Interview Question – It was a scenario about negotiations, that were a zero sum game. The manager wanted to know how to win. The sad fact is that there is no winner in that situation. That should have been my first red flag.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It was pretty much take it or leave it.

Marketing Communications Positions Interview

Marketing Communications Positions

Interviewed at Victaulic

Interview Details – I am more than qualified for any positions advertised. HR is slower than a lost turtle. They don't get back to you and then offer that "other candidates" were more qualified. I have been trying to get a face to face interview for years.

Interview Question – Why are you being so persistent in wanting to work for Victaulic?   Answer Question

Sales

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Victaulic.

Interview Details – Hiring Process: Phone interview with Victaulic recruiting department. Next step was a phone interview with "regional manager". Next step, face to face interview.
Face to face interview was as far as I went with them. I was told I did not meet the qualifications after the interview. This was strange because the manager knew my qualification ahead of time from when we spoke during the phone interview. Manager was a totally different in person from the phone. Maybe I caught him on a bad day, but I was surprised from the moment we met(he thought he was interviewing someone else, called me by the wrong name and generally did not want to be there).

Interview Question – I was asked if I planned on having kids and that the job requires a lot of time/travel commitment. I should "seriously consider the impact of kids". It was not a direct question, but was brought up during the interview which was not very professional.
I asked the manager about what his employees thought of his management style. His response: "Why would I care what they think about me".
  Answer Question

Sales Trainee Interview

Sales Trainee

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Victaulic in October 2012.

Interview Details – The interview started out very relaxed but then quickly made a turn for the worse. I was asked to describe the structure of the company and I accidentally used the wrong term during my explanation which I immediately caught myself, corrected my error and apologized. Yet apparently the recruiter was not convinced that I understood because the rest of the interview felt like an interrogation.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in working at Victaulic?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Columbia, SC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Victaulic in January 2013.

Interview Details – I was recruited on-campus after participating in a sales competition that they held through my school. There was an initial phone screening, an online personality test, and then a face to face interview with a district sales manager. After that, they usually make you go on a ride-along with one of the sales reps so you can get a better feel of what a day in the life is in that position. Finally, I had one more interview with the VP of sales. The interview process is pretty straightforward and they do not really throw any curve-balls at you. They seem to be very fair and honest to their employees in terms of compensation and work life balance.

Interview Question – What makes a salesperson successful?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had another offer for a non-sales job that I thought would better suit my skill set

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Easton, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Victaulic in November 2009.

Interview Details – Met the recruiting lady couple time in school career events, and she delivered my resume. Next, they offered me an on-site visit which consisted of 4-5 one-on-one interviews. After about a month, they invited me back to the company for a second round interview. I met another 4-5 employers and took a intelligence and personality test.

Interview Question – mostly standard questions, could not really remember any that caught me off-guard   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Victaulic? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Victaulic interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Victaulic employees and interview candidates.