Victoria's Secret Stores

2.1

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in February 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter based at their corporate office in Ohio to set up an appointment time to have a phone interview with the Regional recruiter. The appointment time came and went without any call. I understand that issues come up but when interviewing at this level of management I believe a courtesy call is appropriate when an interview needs to be rescheduled. Is this standard practice for this company? It sure made me no longer want to work there. Companies who show such disrespect to potential employees can't possibly treat their current employees well.

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in October 2011.

I never had a formal interview with the company. When I was first brought in they really needed help in the back so I was hired without meeting any of the managers. But that was a rare occasion. They normally do group interviews (well my store does). After the group interview they usually call back within a week or two, depending on the season. Best chance on getting hired would be Oct-Dec. But they're always accepting applications.

Interview Questions
    They ask you what you're' looking to make, I always start high and they tried to work with the number I gave them.

Sales Associate and Inventory Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buford, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buford, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

The head manager was very understanding, professional, and relaxed. She showed that she cared about my life and my future career goals.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

I went in to drop off an application to the store and received a call about a week later. There was a group interview of about 6 of us. The atmosphere was very casual; it didn't feel like an interview at all. Only took an hour. The interviewer called on us personally to answer questions so there was no need to try and overpower or answer before the other applicants. Wear all black, or all black and less than 10% of an accent color, preferably the VS accent color at the time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Douglasville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Douglasville, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in September 2013.

I went into Victoria's Secret to turn in my application. The manager wasn't there so I gave it to a sales associate. A few days later the manager called me and gave me a interview date. I went to the interview and if you ask me the whole interview was awful. It was two girls there that literally took over. You could tell they had rehearsed what they wanted to say. They were loud and obnixious, I felt like their whole plan was to make everyone else seem dumber than they were. I couldn't stand them.

Interview Questions
    • A question that I didn't expect them to ask was "What is your favorite beauty product?"   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2013.

I went to the store and ask if they were hiring and a Cash Lead said yes they were for seasonal employees for their Semi-Annual Sale. Received the applications and completed the same day and also attached my resume to it as well. If applying please attach a resume because it provides you with a better chance at getting an interview. About a week and a half later I got a call on Thursday for an interview on Monday. The interview was a group interview and was very laid back, it was about eight girls all together. Interview lasted about 25 minutes and we were told they would be contacting our references (and they seriously do so please inform your references they will be receiving a call). Then i received a call that following Thursday or Friday from Victoria Secret asking if I would like to accept a job offer with them for $8.10 per hour. I accepted the offer and I am now a regular employee as a cashier.

Interview Questions
    • What did you like the least about your previous job?
      What is favorite product by Victoria Secret?
      Why do you want to work at Victoria Secret?
      What is your definition of customer service
        Answer Question
    No negotiation

Intimate Associate/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in February 2013.

Applications are submitted in person with a professional resume. It is best to look professional and well polished at all times during application submission and during interviews. I received my first interview by phone, it was quick and general questions. After that I interviewed with the category manager and then the store manager.

Interview Questions
    • Know what youre applying for, do research and you should be great! My most difficult question was: "How would you handle a customer who is uncomfortable being measured for Bra's give an example. What techniques would you use to make her comfortable?   Answer Question
    No, negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2013.

So this was the worst interview process I've ever been through. I put in an application, followed up twice before I heard anything from them. They called me finally and it was a phone interview. After the brief phone interview I was offered a second interview. I went to the interview a few days later, and it went well. It was me and another girl, and it wasn't anything too difficult. They said they would call if they wanted to do a second interview. I got a call a few hours later (am I'm thinking why didn't they just tell me while I was there) for a second interview. I couldn't come the day that they asked, so I was told they would call me next week if they had positions left. Surprisingly I did get a call the next week. Went to the second interview, it was much like the first except one on one. After the interview I was told that they would follow up with the person that did my first interview (why didn't they do that before they called me for a second one) and that they had a few more interviews to conduct. 5 days went by before I called back to follow up. I was put on hold or given a "we will have so and so call you back" on three different occasions. The last time I called (its been two weeks since my interview) they said they had not finished with all their hiring decisions. I won't be calling back and I've accepted another position.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

I was in a group interview of 5 candidates and 1 interviewer. My advice would be to make sure you answer all the questions and try to be the first person to respond to a question. Make sure you are there ON TIME, dressed appropriately, smile and be confident. The hiring process wasn't long at all, the interview lasted 30-45mins and a week later I got the job position. Remember first impressions are extremely important and make yourself stand out from the rest of the candidates.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked questions like:
      Why do you want to work for Victoria's Secret?
      How would you handle an unsatisfied/angry customer?
      What are your weaknesses?
      What are your strengths?
        Answer Question
    Negotiate the pay, if you have plenty years of experience in retail and/or customer service make sure you don't underpay yourself.

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!