Victoria's Secret Stores Bra Specialist Interview Questions & Reviews

2.1

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kennewick, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennewick, WA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2012.

I knew my direct supervisor and had worked under her at a previous Employer, so I was basically hired on the spot. I met briefly with the store manager, and she liked me right off and they were looking to hire. She took the personal reccomendation of the supervisor who knew me and I was scheduled for a group on-boarding.

Interview Questions
  • How would you deal with seeing another employee stealing?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

Bra Specialist Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

I was hired as a regular part time associate, interview process included questions regarding sales and customer service, nothing out of the box. I then interviewed for the Associates Interested in Management (AIM) program offered by Limited Brands where I was asked more personal questions, regarding what I wanted out of my future, as well as what I expected from the company. After that, I interview for the Part Time Bra Specialist Position, where the questions asked regarded sales, how to improve, what is 4 on the Floor, and what is a Confident Selling Statement. They want to know how you can directly improve sales from the fitting rooms and the fitting experience and how you plan to teach the rest of the staff how to improve themselves. You are to directly support the CSL in their numbers and in the teams overall lingerie selling goals.

Interview Questions
    • "What is a Confident Selling Statement" I only say that because I knew what one was, however, the term I had never heard of before. That said, be familiar with all selling terminology within Limited Brands and Victoria's Secret as you are expected to know them ALL.   View Answer

Bra Specialist Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

I had one interview with 2 managers. I already worked for Victoria's Secret, so your interview may vary.
    Questions:
    -What is your favorite bra and why?
    -What is your least favorite bra, why, and how would you get customers to buy it?
    -If we don't carry a customer's size, what would you do?
    -How would you teach other associates how to be passionate about bras?
    -If 10 people walk into your room, how would you address each customer?
    -Describe your selling style.

The time between the interview and the job offer was about a week or so.

Interview Questions
    • What is your least favorite bra, why, and how would you get customers to buy it?   Answer Question

Bra Specialist Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

I was really disappointed through the growth process at this particular store. Never was I interviewed for this position. Instead someone left and they thought I would do well with the role and they gave it to me. However, not having a formal interview meant i lost the chance to ask Important salary and benefits questions which created some serious long term problems.

Be persistent with salary and benefits requirements and be sure your supervisor follows through.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in March 2012.

I got this job through a friend who was already working there but even without an employee referral your odds of getting an interview are high if you act professionally and come dressed in black (since that IS the dress code). They usually hire seasonal employees and keep the best ones at the end of the season and unless you're in lead/management positions it will be part-time or seasonal. As a brand rep you go through a group interview and then there is a follow up with another manager (that way there is no bias I'm guessing). The hiring manager asks a question and then each one being interviewed takes turns answering each question. They are big on "listening to the customer and satisfying her needs", because they want a customer for life, not someone who buys just one product. I noticed that among those I was interviewed with, the women who showed too much love for VS weren't hired either (probably because it could be a loss prevention issue). It is wise to be familiar with VS products and merchandise but you don't have to go overboard and name the top 10 bras. After the interview the hiring manager thanked us and off we go.

They call you back for training if you get the job. Training is paid for and even though you're working, it's fun and very interactive. There's Pink, VS, Beauty, VSX Sport, and Sales Support, so the training you get depends on which section they hired you for.

Interview Questions
    • As an entry level position, none of the questions were difficult, just use your best judgement.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. If you have a lot of relevant work experience you can probably negotiate $0.50 more to your wage but they aren't very flexible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in October 2012.

had saw on CL for positions at Victorias Secret but they wanted 6months of retail etc it was one of those job enforcement things. so i printed out the Victorias Secret app and than turned it in at the nearby mall. almost two weeks later I had got a call back asking to come in for a group interview.
    Came in dressed in fashionista ways, but was told to wait. I must have waited with the other girl who already had a attitude for some reason for about 30 an hr. As i was waiting, customers kept coming up to me must have been about 6 asking for help, I had to tell them I didn't work here.(yet)
    Finally the manager arrived and she was nice. It was me and the other girl than the 3rd girl arrived a bit late. It was a great interview hoever! I am looking forward to start working. I had told the manager id be interested in Bra Specialist or cash wrap.
    Their is a process to go through to be hired.

Interview Questions
    • what was the best customer service you've done for a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2009.

I got a phone call to ask about my availability and to describe a little about my experience. Then got called in to do an in-person interview. I was NOT notified that it would be a group interview, that definitely took me for a surprise.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the last time that you encountered horrible guest service. If you were in their shoes, what would you have done differently?   View Answer
    • If you could pick 3 words to describe your personality, what would they be?   View Answer
    I've had prior experience so they were able to match what I was asking for,

Bra Specialist Interview

dress to impress. be as personal as you can. they ask many instances questions such as what would you do if you saw A customer stealing....what would youdo if this happened..that happened...

put more money then you expect on the application cause they will always try and get you for less and only give 24% raises once a year

Bra Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scarborough, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in July 2010.

Group Interview. Friendly people. Asks basic interview questions. Really easy. Just be confident and know what to say. You get to know other people who is being interviewed with you.

Bra Specialist Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in September 2011.

1. Come into the store and get an application. They want references and permission to do a background check.

2. Hand it in to a manager (Store Manager or Assistant Manager)

3. Be at least 18 years old and have open availability (available 7 days per week, 24 hours a day, otherwise you will not even be considered for the Bra Specialist position (at least where I interviewed.)

4. I then had a group interview with the Assistant MAnager.

5. Interview one-on-one with the Manager,.

6.Interview again with the Manager.

7. Wait a few weeks (in my case).

8. Was hired as a Sales Associate as they would not hire a person who had not worked at Victoria's Secret as a Bra Specialist. I was told I needed to get some time in there and then reapply for the Bra Specialist interview.

Advice: Be friendly, know something about the products, be customer service focused...SMILE

Interview Questions
    • A mother and her two daughters come into the store. How would you service them?   Answer Question

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!