Victoria's Secret Stores Bra Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Providence, RI) in November 2014.

Interview

I have already worked with the company for a year so the interview process was less intense than others. I had to be interviewed by the district manager to ensure I was a good fit.

Interview Questions

• How do you set goals for yourself? How to you work towards those goals? Explain a situation where you worked on a team and communication was key to achieve a goal.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

Bra Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in July 2014.

Interview

I Applied in one of their newest locations. the interview was with a group of managers each one asked a question. Managers were friendly and professional. The interview lasted less than 15 minutes

Interview Questions

• They asked the usual retail questions nothing major or difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Westminster, CO) in June 2014.

Interview

Questions are based on past customer experiences, bra knowledge, (features and benefits), situational interview questions, other various interview questions based on customer experiences, and questions to ask in order to determine customer's needs.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to deal with an upset or difficult customer? How would you sell a bra to a customer? What are some open ended questions you'd ask a customer to determine her needs and wants?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Lakeland, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

For myself it was a little bit more extensive because I spent so much time negotiating. The interviews were all very easy. Three overall for me; one of which was a group interview. And I did a lot if checking up on my application and basically going to talk to the manager about sales and experience. It's easy to get a job there but takes a bit more patience and persistence to get a good one. Don't sell yourself short and make very clear what you want from the company.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't anything to out of the ordinary for this job. Just your basic sales interview questions. Just make sure to really review as many sales tips as you can and talk about how you would sell the product and what makes you love it and you will easily impress the hiring manager. You could really impress them buy discussing how the sales numbers affect the stare's overall performance directly.   1 Answer

Negotiation

This is definitely a negotiating company. I was offered the position I applied for and then told it was unavailable and offered a much less desirable position which I turned down. I was then offered a different position which I only accepted after a lot of negotiating on hours and hourly pay rate. Do not sell your self short with this company. They will try to get you for a good "price" but if you show them how valuable you are to the company they will offer you something better.

Bra Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview

I was hired as a regular part time associate, interview process included questions regarding sales and customer service, nothing out of the box. I then interviewed for the Associates Interested in Management (AIM) program offered by Limited Brands where I was asked more personal questions, regarding what I wanted out of my future, as well as what I expected from the company. After that, I interview for the Part Time Bra Specialist Position, where the questions asked regarded sales, how to improve, what is 4 on the Floor, and what is a Confident Selling Statement. They want to know how you can directly improve sales from the fitting rooms and the fitting experience and how you plan to teach the rest of the staff how to improve themselves. You are to directly support the CSL in their numbers and in the teams overall lingerie selling goals.

Interview Questions

• "What is a Confident Selling Statement" I only say that because I knew what one was, however, the term I had never heard of before. That said, be familiar with all selling terminology within Limited Brands and Victoria's Secret as you are expected to know them ALL.   1 Answer

Bra Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview

I had one interview with 2 managers. I already worked for Victoria's Secret, so your interview may vary.
    Questions:
    -What is your favorite bra and why?
    -What is your least favorite bra, why, and how would you get customers to buy it?
    -If we don't carry a customer's size, what would you do?
    -How would you teach other associates how to be passionate about bras?
    -If 10 people walk into your room, how would you address each customer?
    -Describe your selling style.

The time between the interview and the job offer was about a week or so.

Interview Questions

• What is your least favorite bra, why, and how would you get customers to buy it?   Answer Question

Bra Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview

I was really disappointed through the growth process at this particular store. Never was I interviewed for this position. Instead someone left and they thought I would do well with the role and they gave it to me. However, not having a formal interview meant i lost the chance to ask Important salary and benefits questions which created some serious long term problems.

Negotiation

Be persistent with salary and benefits requirements and be sure your supervisor follows through.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

had saw on CL for positions at Victorias Secret but they wanted 6months of retail etc it was one of those job enforcement things. so i printed out the Victorias Secret app and than turned it in at the nearby mall. almost two weeks later I had got a call back asking to come in for a group interview.
    Came in dressed in fashionista ways, but was told to wait. I must have waited with the other girl who already had a attitude for some reason for about 30 an hr. As i was waiting, customers kept coming up to me must have been about 6 asking for help, I had to tell them I didn't work here.(yet)
    Finally the manager arrived and she was nice. It was me and the other girl than the 3rd girl arrived a bit late. It was a great interview hoever! I am looking forward to start working. I had told the manager id be interested in Bra Specialist or cash wrap.
    Their is a process to go through to be hired.

Interview Questions

• what was the best customer service you've done for a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennewick, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Kennewick, WA) in May 2012.

Interview

I knew my direct supervisor and had worked under her at a previous Employer, so I was basically hired on the spot. I met briefly with the store manager, and she liked me right off and they were looking to hire. She took the personal reccomendation of the supervisor who knew me and I was scheduled for a group on-boarding.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with seeing another employee stealing?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Miami, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

I got this job through a friend who was already working there but even without an employee referral your odds of getting an interview are high if you act professionally and come dressed in black (since that IS the dress code). They usually hire seasonal employees and keep the best ones at the end of the season and unless you're in lead/management positions it will be part-time or seasonal. As a brand rep you go through a group interview and then there is a follow up with another manager (that way there is no bias I'm guessing). The hiring manager asks a question and then each one being interviewed takes turns answering each question. They are big on "listening to the customer and satisfying her needs", because they want a customer for life, not someone who buys just one product. I noticed that among those I was interviewed with, the women who showed too much love for VS weren't hired either (probably because it could be a loss prevention issue). It is wise to be familiar with VS products and merchandise but you don't have to go overboard and name the top 10 bras. After the interview the hiring manager thanked us and off we go.

They call you back for training if you get the job. Training is paid for and even though you're working, it's fun and very interactive. There's Pink, VS, Beauty, VSX Sport, and Sales Support, so the training you get depends on which section they hired you for.

Interview Questions

• As an entry level position, none of the questions were difficult, just use your best judgement.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. If you have a lot of relevant work experience you can probably negotiate $0.50 more to your wage but they aren't very flexible.