Victoria's Secret Stores Cash Wrap Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.4

Cash Wrap Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview

I went into the store and asked nicely for an application. I wore neutral colors and dressed nicely. After I was handed the application, I stepped aside and immediately filled it out. Then I asked for a manager to give it to along with my resume. When the manager met me, she immediately asked me a few basic interview questions. Less than an hour after leaving the store I was called for an interview. When I went to the interview I was asked very common interview questions. Why VS? What previous experiences would make you a good fit? Ect. A few days later I was called and offered the job, which I gladly accepted.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I already have the Victoria's Secret credit card, and when I said I didn't, the interviewer tried to talking me into signing up. It made me VERY uncomfortable, as if I wouldn't get the job if I didn't sign up right then.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Manchester, CT) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied in the store, and one of managers asked me some general questions about my previous employment, where I went to school, etc. She was very pretty, typical gorgeous blonde that you would expect to work there, which intimidated me a little (being a little natural hair African American woman), but she seemed very nice, and told me to she'll talk to the manager. the next week I got called in for an interview. I came in, where I had to wait until the manager could take the time to interview because they were busy. I had a quick interview with who i thought to be the general manager, and the manager who first encouraged me came in for a few seconds and asked the same questions again. It took about 20 minutes. The next day I got an call asking me to come in to orientation.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions, nothing out the ordinary that needs to be reviewed   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't any. I was part time for the holiday, and if they liked me, they would keep me. The manager told me all she could offer was 9.00, which was okay with me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago Ridge, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Chicago Ridge, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

It's usually a group interview. The only time one on one interviews are done is when you're transfering from another store or are on your 2nd interview. Come dressed very neat & let your style show but not too Buisness, so no suits. No super long nails because the lady who interviewed us looked at this one lady who had long pointy nails the entire time. She didn't get the job either. Always go first or second when answering questions. If you wait too long then it doesn't show assertiveness & they look for that. When they say "do you have any questions for me" always think of something to ask, this will leave an impression.

Interview Questions

• Do you get along well with others.?
      What attracted you to our store.?
      Explain a time when you had to work with a team and what you had to do.

Answer Question

Cash Wrap Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in September 2013.

Interview

I figured the store might be hiring for the holidays so I went in and asked an employee if they were hiring for the holidays and she said they were accepting applications and asked if I was only interested in holiday work or in something permanent. I said I was interested in permanent but would take seasonal if that was all they were offering. She said to get my application in ASAP and so I did the next day. The same day after dropping it off I got a call from a manager asking me to come in the next day for a group interview.

I was a little early and just went to the register and they said I could come back to the register at the exact interview time. The manager came out on time and we introduced ourselves before heading to the interview location. The thought of a group interview made me nervous, but I knew it was a way to weed people out. There were about 7 of us and most of us dressed in all black. The manager asked us to tell her about ourselves and asked some general interview questions like why Victoria's, how we have handled complaints, about our past roles, and a time when we had great customer service. She said we would hear back within a week if we got hired after they checked our references. The interview was about 30 minutes. I tried to answer the questions promptly and as best I could.

I heard back pretty much a week later and accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate, at the time I was just grateful to be offered a job. The manager just called and said the wage and a bit after asked if I accepted the job offer and I said yes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Honolulu, HI) in August 2010.

Interview

My first interview was with one of the managers. As it is a very high volume store with a large amount of employees they have a rather interesting interview process. She asked what made me want to apply to the company, what I had to offer and the standard interviewing questions. Then she did a few screening techniques to see if I was actually interested in the job vs. for a paycheck (in the process also showed me good sales skills).

After telling me what positions she thought i would do well in she had me select one to apply for (when they suggest one specifically, pick that one as they see you in that position and it can help you get hired) I was scheduled for a group interview later that week. I interviewed with around 12 people or so. I was asked again why I wanted to join the team, what I had to offer, strengths, growth opportunities, etc. Then I was asked to pick something, it could be anything I wanted, and sell it to the manager. Don't assume that because you are stock you won't have to sell something. Stock associates get asked all kinds of questions by the customers and your coworkers about the product, so you will need to be knowledgeable after a decent amount of time.

About a week later (they do check your references so make sure that they are good ones and it takes time so be patient) I got a call with a job offer. I've been with the company ever since and am working my way up the ladder!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I originally just needed a job to help pad the bills at college. It is part time retail so the pay isn't all that great to begin with. If you work hard, you will get a raise during your reviews. Also if you want to do well, express interest in moving up and be active about it. You will be given the opportunities and guidance to move up!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

I applied in store where I did a pre-screening, which was the first of three interviews. After that I got a call back about a week or so later to attend a group interview. The group interview was quite big with about 15-20 people in a room where questions are posed to the group and it is up to the potential employee to make sure they actively participate. A day or so after the group interview I had yet another interview with a hiring manager. The last interview is a one on one where they ask questions like what does customer service mean to you? They checked my references and I was contacted with a job offer shortly after.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They are quite adamant about your work schedule as you are not allowed to change your work availability for about 90 days after your start date.

Cash Wrap Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview

Not too bad I had a group interview in the food court of a mall. Asked us what dept (pink, cash wrap, bras, back) we would want to work in.

Interview Questions

• Make sure you know how to answer why you want to be in a specific dept   Answer Question

Negotiation

They just gave me the pay I asked for on the application.

Cash Wrap Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oshawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Oshawa, ON (Canada)) in August 2012.

Interview

Very informal but informative hiring process initially. It is done per group instead of individually on the day you fill out your application, so they can "get a feel" of the people applying. If they chose you for an individual interview, they will call or text you to set up the appointment.