Victoria's Secret Stores

Getting the Interview

16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview Details – I was looking around for jobs and Victoria's Secret was a company I really wanted to work for, so I looked up Victoria's Secret Careers and a page popped up from a third party site saying to send my resume to the HR department for the Herald Square location. It looked kind of sketchy, but I did it anyway. Close to a month later, I got an unexpected call to go to group interviews for the following week. I agreed and was told to wear all black. I waited around thirty minutes for the manager to come and three out of around 10 of us were called to come in. I was put in a group with much older women, but just acted myself. She asked us basic questions; go over our resume, what customer service means to us, and why VS. We were told if they wanted to proceed with us, they would call us back within two weeks and the HR manager would pick a department she feels fits your personality.

My second call came that weekend for a second interview with Pink and it was with another candidate and the manager. It was good and I felt confident, but I was also really sick and my phone kept going off. I really connected with the Pink manager though and felt hopeful. She asked us the same questions as before and added more about the specific department like who is Pink's customer, and to describe our outfits because we were asked to come in our best Pink inspired outfit. We were told the same thing: two weeks if they wanted to continue with us.

A little more than two weeks later, I got called with a job offer.

Interview Question – Envision an inspiration board about Pink. What would it look like?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered be $12 based on previous pay. I didn't feel the need to negotiate,

Daytona Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in November 2010.

Interview Details – Online Application, Call from Recruiter, Group Panel interview, job offer a week later. They look to hire people who are friendly and up beat...if you are one of these two things you have a chance with them. I got hired for a seasonal position, so I had a group interview with six other girls; try your best to stand out by answering the questions first; this shows that you are outgoing and that is another characteristic that they look for.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you stood up for something that you knew wasn't right.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none

Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2013.

Interview Details – I went to the store and ask if they were hiring and a Cash Lead said yes they were for seasonal employees for their Semi-Annual Sale. Received the applications and completed the same day and also attached my resume to it as well. If applying please attach a resume because it provides you with a better chance at getting an interview. About a week and a half later I got a call on Thursday for an interview on Monday. The interview was a group interview and was very laid back, it was about eight girls all together. Interview lasted about 25 minutes and we were told they would be contacting our references (and they seriously do so please inform your references they will be receiving a call). Then i received a call that following Thursday or Friday from Victoria Secret asking if I would like to accept a job offer with them for $8.10 per hour. I accepted the offer and I am now a regular employee as a cashier.

Interview Question – What did you like the least about your previous job?
What is favorite product by Victoria Secret?
Why do you want to work at Victoria Secret?
What is your definition of customer service
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in November 2012.

Interview Details – I handed in my application in store to the manager and received a call back within a week asking me to come in for a group interview.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for this company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was easy. just be honest and upfront about when you are available.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview Details – I went into the store to turn in my application and had an on the spot interview with a cash wrap lead. Next, I had a group interview with about 12 other girls. Here, you just want to stand out as much as possible. I had an advantage because the manager interviewing all of us graduated from my college and had the same major as me! Just have confidence and you'll be fine.

Interview Question – The questions are regular interview questions. behavioral etc   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Yonkers, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in November 2012.

Interview Details – After handing in my application i recieved a call to set up an interview. They asked normal questions and it felf more of a conversation then an interview. There where two people that interviewed me and two other guys. They were very nice. After calling two of my refreneces they called back four days later and my onbording in on wed. I have a lot of paperwork to do.

Interview Question – What can you bring to this job
What are your hobbies
what other jobs did you have
tell me about yourself
What kind of a person are you
What position do you want
how do you feel about all black
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was my first retail job so no I did not negotiate

Yonkers, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in June 2012.

Interview Details – I have interviewed at three victoria secret stores and just have recieved an interview for tomorow. So far I have recieved three cards saying I did not get the job.

Interview Question – Discuss how you would handle a difficult customer   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in February 2010.

Interview Details – We had two group interviews. It was kind of weird, we had to dress in VS Pink attire and see ourselves to the room by marketing one of the clothing items we had on that was from VS. I also thought it was a bit intimidating because BOTH interviews were group interviews and there were three different people each time interviewing us. I ended up probably being too nervous to sell myself and land the job.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you went out of your way to offer customer service to someone at a previous job?   View Answer

Toledo, OH

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in July 2010.

Interview Details – Asked for an application from a very friendly cashier that was ringing me out one day. Brought back the application two days later, talked very briefly with a manager and was asked to come back the next day for a group interview (with six other girls). I arrived early, like I was told to. I dressed very nicely, in all black (two of the other girls showed up in jeans!). We followed the manager to the food court, which was kind of awkward as it was loud and hard to hear the other girls talking. She started out telling us about the company, and then we went around the table, said our name and 3 words that our supervisor would use to describe us. She then threw out some random questions she got out of an interviewing manual. She didn't ask any direct questions, just told us to raise our hands if we had an answer. Not very effective, in my opinion. No questions about our abilities or past experience (of which I have quite a bit!). At the end of the questions, she then told us that we would hear back from her hopefully within a week, that she checks ALL references. She also made a point to mention that who gets hired isn't determined by JUST the interview alone. She said references were a huge part of it as well, and that as long as we have relevent experience with good references, they would take us on. The whole process took about 50 minutes.

Cut to today, two weeks later. Not a single one of my references has been contacted, and I haven't heard a single thing from Victoria's Secret. I am aware that they do a background and credit check as well, but that shouldn't have been a problem for me. My references are great and I would've hoped she stuck to her word instead of feeding all of us a line of BS. Very disappointed, I think it would've been a nice place to work. She did say that some weeks we might not get many hours, but this is true of most retail places. All of the interactions I've had with the store's employees were great. Very nice group of girls working there and the manager gushed about what a great group of people they have there.

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Honolulu, HI

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in August 2009.

Interview Details – The interview itself took about 45 minutes. I went to an 830a appointment and it was just me and another girl. Be there earlier than the rest so that you won't have to go through the stress in that wveryone can hears your answers. It went pretty good. They just basically want to knowv your passion and be ready to share an experience you've had giving exceptional customer service. Know why you wanna work there. Be positive, friendly, and confident!

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in the intimaes section?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Victoria's Secret Stores

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Victoria's Secret Stores Cashier interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by Victoria's Secret Stores employees and interview candidates.