Victoria's Secret Stores

2.2

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied in-person – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in September 2014.

I printed out an online application and brought it into the store, about a week later I got a call back for an interview. The interview was one on one and very simple. The manager told me a lot about the company, store, and expectations about the position. At the end I was told if I would continue on to the next step I would have a second interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

I was looking around for jobs and Victoria's Secret was a company I really wanted to work for, so I looked up Victoria's Secret Careers and a page popped up from a third party site saying to send my resume to the HR department for the Herald Square location. It looked kind of sketchy, but I did it anyway. Close to a month later, I got an unexpected call to go to group interviews for the following week. I agreed and was told to wear all black. I waited around thirty minutes for the manager to come and three out of around 10 of us were called to come in. I was put in a group with much older women, but just acted myself. She asked us basic questions; go over our resume, what customer service means to us, and why VS. We were told if they wanted to proceed with us, they would call us back within two weeks and the HR manager would pick a department she feels fits your personality.

My second call came that weekend for a second interview with Pink and it was with another candidate and the manager. It was good and I felt confident, but I was also really sick and my phone kept going off. I really connected with the Pink manager though and felt hopeful. She asked us the same questions as before and added more about the specific department like who is Pink's customer, and to describe our outfits because we were asked to come in our best Pink inspired outfit. We were told the same thing: two weeks if they wanted to continue with us.

A little more than two weeks later, I got called with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Envision an inspiration board about Pink. What would it look like?   Answer Question
    They offered be $12 based on previous pay. I didn't feel the need to negotiate,

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

I went into the store to turn in my application and had an on the spot interview with a cash wrap lead. Next, I had a group interview with about 12 other girls. Here, you just want to stand out as much as possible. I had an advantage because the manager interviewing all of us graduated from my college and had the same major as me! Just have confidence and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are regular interview questions. behavioral etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2013.

I went to the store and ask if they were hiring and a Cash Lead said yes they were for seasonal employees for their Semi-Annual Sale. Received the applications and completed the same day and also attached my resume to it as well. If applying please attach a resume because it provides you with a better chance at getting an interview. About a week and a half later I got a call on Thursday for an interview on Monday. The interview was a group interview and was very laid back, it was about eight girls all together. Interview lasted about 25 minutes and we were told they would be contacting our references (and they seriously do so please inform your references they will be receiving a call). Then i received a call that following Thursday or Friday from Victoria Secret asking if I would like to accept a job offer with them for $8.10 per hour. I accepted the offer and I am now a regular employee as a cashier.

Interview Questions
    • What did you like the least about your previous job?
      What is favorite product by Victoria Secret?
      Why do you want to work at Victoria Secret?
      What is your definition of customer service

Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in November 2012.

I handed in my application in store to the manager and received a call back within a week asking me to come in for a group interview.

Interview Questions
    It was easy. just be honest and upfront about when you are available.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yonkers, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in November 2012.

After handing in my application i recieved a call to set up an interview. They asked normal questions and it felf more of a conversation then an interview. There where two people that interviewed me and two other guys. They were very nice. After calling two of my refreneces they called back four days later and my onbording in on wed. I have a lot of paperwork to do.

Interview Questions
    • What can you bring to this job
      What are your hobbies
      what other jobs did you have
      tell me about yourself
      What kind of a person are you
      What position do you want
      how do you feel about all black

View Answer
    It was my first retail job so no I did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yonkers, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in June 2012.

I have interviewed at three victoria secret stores and just have recieved an interview for tomorow. So far I have recieved three cards saying I did not get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in January 2012.

Filled out application in the store. Spoke with manager for a few minutes said she would call me that day. Called back every day for a few days. Finally got ahold of her the 4th day. Manager said she had forgotten to call me and to come in in a few days for an interview. was hired with in a week and a half

Interview Questions
    • N/A just alot of repetitive questions. interview was in a group so never had a chance to answer everything   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in November 2010.

Online Application, Call from Recruiter, Group Panel interview, job offer a week later. They look to hire people who are friendly and up beat...if you are one of these two things you have a chance with them. I got hired for a seasonal position, so I had a group interview with six other girls; try your best to stand out by answering the questions first; this shows that you are outgoing and that is another characteristic that they look for.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you stood up for something that you knew wasn't right.   Answer Question
    There was none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in July 2010.

Asked for an application from a very friendly cashier that was ringing me out one day. Brought back the application two days later, talked very briefly with a manager and was asked to come back the next day for a group interview (with six other girls). I arrived early, like I was told to. I dressed very nicely, in all black (two of the other girls showed up in jeans!). We followed the manager to the food court, which was kind of awkward as it was loud and hard to hear the other girls talking. She started out telling us about the company, and then we went around the table, said our name and 3 words that our supervisor would use to describe us. She then threw out some random questions she got out of an interviewing manual. She didn't ask any direct questions, just told us to raise our hands if we had an answer. Not very effective, in my opinion. No questions about our abilities or past experience (of which I have quite a bit!). At the end of the questions, she then told us that we would hear back from her hopefully within a week, that she checks ALL references. She also made a point to mention that who gets hired isn't determined by JUST the interview alone. She said references were a huge part of it as well, and that as long as we have relevent experience with good references, they would take us on. The whole process took about 50 minutes.

Cut to today, two weeks later. Not a single one of my references has been contacted, and I haven't heard a single thing from Victoria's Secret. I am aware that they do a background and credit check as well, but that shouldn't have been a problem for me. My references are great and I would've hoped she stuck to her word instead of feeding all of us a line of BS. Very disappointed, I think it would've been a nice place to work. She did say that some weeks we might not get many hours, but this is true of most retail places. All of the interactions I've had with the store's employees were great. Very nice group of girls working there and the manager gushed about what a great group of people they have there.