Victoria's Secret Stores Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.2

Cashier Interview

The interview was easy and informative. It consisted of a lot of group questioning and even a short video about the company. Managers are hands on in the interview. Company policies overrule the usual softball questions and you could tell it was a very procedural process.

Other Interview Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

It was a group interview, its very fun dont be nervous just stress customer service!! They really do make a big deal about it, Its very important to them. :)

Interview Questions
    • What is good customer service to you? When is a time, where you gave or received good customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in November 2014.

I went in when they were hiring for seasonal associates, got an application and quickly filled it out in the mall's food court. I then brought it back to the store and got an instant interview with one of the managers and then was hired on the spot! Two days later I came in for onboarding (training) which lasted about 4 hours. The next day I had training on the actual cash register and then immediately started checking out customers!

Interview Questions
    • How far will you go to make sure your customer is satisfied?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied in-person – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in September 2014.

I printed out an online application and brought it into the store, about a week later I got a call back for an interview. The interview was one on one and very simple. The manager told me a lot about the company, store, and expectations about the position. At the end I was told if I would continue on to the next step I would have a second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

I was looking around for jobs and Victoria's Secret was a company I really wanted to work for, so I looked up Victoria's Secret Careers and a page popped up from a third party site saying to send my resume to the HR department for the Herald Square location. It looked kind of sketchy, but I did it anyway. Close to a month later, I got an unexpected call to go to group interviews for the following week. I agreed and was told to wear all black. I waited around thirty minutes for the manager to come and three out of around 10 of us were called to come in. I was put in a group with much older women, but just acted myself. She asked us basic questions; go over our resume, what customer service means to us, and why VS. We were told if they wanted to proceed with us, they would call us back within two weeks and the HR manager would pick a department she feels fits your personality.

My second call came that weekend for a second interview with Pink and it was with another candidate and the manager. It was good and I felt confident, but I was also really sick and my phone kept going off. I really connected with the Pink manager though and felt hopeful. She asked us the same questions as before and added more about the specific department like who is Pink's customer, and to describe our outfits because we were asked to come in our best Pink inspired outfit. We were told the same thing: two weeks if they wanted to continue with us.

A little more than two weeks later, I got called with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Envision an inspiration board about Pink. What would it look like?   Answer Question
    They offered be $12 based on previous pay. I didn't feel the need to negotiate,

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

I went into the store to turn in my application and had an on the spot interview with a cash wrap lead. Next, I had a group interview with about 12 other girls. Here, you just want to stand out as much as possible. I had an advantage because the manager interviewing all of us graduated from my college and had the same major as me! Just have confidence and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are regular interview questions. behavioral etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2013.

I went to the store and ask if they were hiring and a Cash Lead said yes they were for seasonal employees for their Semi-Annual Sale. Received the applications and completed the same day and also attached my resume to it as well. If applying please attach a resume because it provides you with a better chance at getting an interview. About a week and a half later I got a call on Thursday for an interview on Monday. The interview was a group interview and was very laid back, it was about eight girls all together. Interview lasted about 25 minutes and we were told they would be contacting our references (and they seriously do so please inform your references they will be receiving a call). Then i received a call that following Thursday or Friday from Victoria Secret asking if I would like to accept a job offer with them for $8.10 per hour. I accepted the offer and I am now a regular employee as a cashier.

Interview Questions
    • What did you like the least about your previous job?
      What is favorite product by Victoria Secret?
      Why do you want to work at Victoria Secret?
      What is your definition of customer service

Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in November 2012.

I handed in my application in store to the manager and received a call back within a week asking me to come in for a group interview.

Interview Questions
    It was easy. just be honest and upfront about when you are available.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yonkers, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yonkers, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in November 2012.

After handing in my application i recieved a call to set up an interview. They asked normal questions and it felf more of a conversation then an interview. There where two people that interviewed me and two other guys. They were very nice. After calling two of my refreneces they called back four days later and my onbording in on wed. I have a lot of paperwork to do.

Interview Questions
    • What can you bring to this job
      What are your hobbies
      what other jobs did you have
      tell me about yourself
      What kind of a person are you
      What position do you want
      how do you feel about all black

View Answer
    It was my first retail job so no I did not negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Yonkers, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Yonkers, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in June 2012.

I have interviewed at three victoria secret stores and just have recieved an interview for tomorow. So far I have recieved three cards saying I did not get the job.