Victoria's Secret Stores Category Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Employee in San Juan, PR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (San Juan, PR) in June 2014.

Interview

THe interview process was very structured and long. Met with Customer Experience Manager, General Manager, Store Manager and Regional Manager on 4 separate occasions. Every time they all had different questions relevant to the position. Management skills, talent search and customer experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered more than expected.

Other Interview Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Depends on the district you are in and who is completing your interview.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable you feel selling bra's to people who are undressed in front of you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They weren't willing to budge at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freehold, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Freehold, NJ) in March 2012.

Interview

Applied and took a long time for theM to get back to me with an interview date. Switched date several times. when arriving for interview, I was early but my interviewer was late. Did not ask me much regarding my experience and did not ask for my resume although I brought it with me. Did not hear back for almost a week.

Interview Questions

• Why did I leave my other job   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Colorado Springs, CO) in March 2011.

Interview

I orginally started as a sales associate, was then prompted to bra specialist after interviewing with the stores management team. After a short period of time and interviews with our District Manager I became a member of A.I.M. (associates interested in management). A year went by and I decided to transfer to another state. I interviewed over the phone with that district's manager and we offered the category manager position.

Interview Questions

• How could I affect ADS or UPT? (I now am aware of what both are.)   Answer Question

Category Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview

As the interviewer: Usually one to two interviews, behavioral questions (i.e. What would you do if...; tell me about a time when...) They want to know you have an interest in team work and in the customer, not so much that you just want the discount

Interview Questions

• As the interviewer, I noticed people usually got hung up on "What does integrity mean to you"   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations.

Category Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in July 2011.

Interview

Interviewed for a higher position. Already worked for the company for over 2 years. I was told that I was initially chosen for the position, but the store manager changed her mind at the last minute to put her best friend, who had worked for the company for 6 months in the position instead. The district manager's phone interview was fantastic. Very relaxed interviews. There is a huge focus on finding the right personality fit for the management team. Just be professional and courteous and learn as much of the lingo as you can.

Interview Questions

• What do you find most challenging in your current position and how will you overcome that challenge if you get this position?   Answer Question