Victoria's Secret Stores Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Mar 31, 2015
Updated Mar 31, 2015

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Joliet, IL).

Interview

It was a group interview with 4-5 other candidates. A manager asked everyone the same basic interview questions. I believe almost everyone received an offer and started working within the next month. I received a call later the same day of my interview with an offer. I accepted and started training the following week.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

It took about a week.. I walked in and asked if they were hiring and they were for seasonal positions the associate I spoke to was friendly and told me to fill it out an application on the spot so she could give it to the manager, moments later I spoke to one of the shift managers she was also very nice she asked why I wanted to work at Victorias secret and if she could contact my most recent employer and told me to come in for a group interview being held a couple days later

The group interview was smooth and easy a Different manager interviewed about 6 of us ladies and guys applied for stock and cashier position she asked us basic questions and why we want to work there just smile a lot and look at whoever is speaking, when you're talking be articulate and make sure u do a little bit of homework on the company ... Towards the end of the interview she told us we would be getting a call back before Sunday so I was waiting patiently for a whole 2 days, she finally called and invited me back for a second group interview

The second interview was with the store manager he was polite and let us know that we had all (4 of us) been invited back because one of the managers wanted to hire us but nobody gets hired without meeting him, he then asked us to share a little about ourselves and said he'd be able to determine from how we speak, sat etc .. To observe little things basically .. It was kind of nerve racking but again just smile, show some personality be polite and show interest in whoever is speaking.. At the end of that he told us we would receive a call back with a yay or nay... I got a call a couple hours later to start training on Wednesday ! I'm so excited I can tell this is a great place to work

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • Decscribe a time you received great service

Why do you want to work at this location

How do you deal with conflict

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, they pay much more than I expected so it was all good !

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Merrillville, IN) in September 2014.

Interview

I printed the application at home and turned it in with my resume and cover letter. I was called the next day and scheduled an interview for two days later. The interview was a group interview with three others. They called me within an hour of leaving to schedule a second interview. The second interview was one on one with a male manager. At the end of the second interview I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered much more than I expected and did not negotiate.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

I printed an application online and brought it into the store. I was called 3 days later and asked to come in for a group interview. There were 10 girls total in the interview. We started out by going around and introducing ourselves, and then were asked some basic questions and filled out sheets giving our availability. I personally enjoy group interviews, but if you are shy you will probably not be hired.

Interview Questions

• Name a good customer service you've had and explain why it was good.   1 Answer
    • What is something you do not enjoy doing, but have to do anyway?   1 Answer

Cash Wrap Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Chicago Ridge, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

It's usually a group interview. The only time one on one interviews are done is when you're transfering from another store or are on your 2nd interview. Come dressed very neat & let your style show but not too Buisness, so no suits. No super long nails because the lady who interviewed us looked at this one lady who had long pointy nails the entire time. She didn't get the job either. Always go first or second when answering questions. If you wait too long then it doesn't show assertiveness & they look for that. When they say "do you have any questions for me" always think of something to ask, this will leave an impression.

Interview Questions

• Do you get along well with others.?
      What attracted you to our store.?
      Explain a time when you had to work with a team and what you had to do.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Oak Brook, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Saw an opening on the mall website and e-mailed my resume and cover letter. I was contacted a few days later to come in for an interview, but I was instructed to come early so I could fill out an application. The interview was a group one involving myself and another girl. We were taken down to the basement by the lingerie manager and she asked us questions specific to our resume, as well as questions from a small pink book. She liked us both and invited us back for a second interview which took place a few days later. This interview was also a group and was easier. It only involved a few basic sales associate questions. The rest of the interview consisted of her telling us of the policies and expectations of the company. After the interview, she said she would check our references and get back to us! The following Thursday, I got the job!

Interview Questions

• How would you make a person comfortable during a bra fitting?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to absorb a lot of information in a short period of time?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. The offered amount was awesome.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Norridge, IL).

Interview

I turned in a application got interview on the spot and later that week i got called in for an group interview. after the interview i recieved a call telling me i got the job and the base pay

Interview Questions

Negotiation

take the offer

Category Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Depends on the district you are in and who is completing your interview.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable you feel selling bra's to people who are undressed in front of you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They weren't willing to budge at all.

Sales Support Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Chicago, IL) in December 2012.

Interview

I applied in person and a week later I got a phone call. It was a group interview of about 3 girls including myself. All of the girls were applying for different positions so the interview was a mix of different questions not to any specific job position. It was a really easy and simple interview. We sat at a table in the back room and it was very casual and easy. After about a month I got a call back and was offered the job which of course i accepted.

Interview Questions

• there were many "describe a time" questions and other questions:
      "Describe a time when you had too many things to get done and not enough time, how did you handle it?"
      "Describe a time when you had multiple things to finish, how did you organize and accomplish them?"
      "What is the first thing you notice when you walk into any retail store?"

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Bloomingdale, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

Interviewed in a group in a very laid back atmosphere. There were two managers conducting and they were very up front with what they expected in their employees.

Interview Questions

• We were asked to try to sell them an item we had with us to see how we would interact with customers   Answer Question