Victoria's Secret Stores

2.2

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in September 2014.

I applied at PINK on Sept. 9th and I didn't hear from them for about a week so I called to follow up. I was scheduled an interview on Sept. 16th.

Make sure when you go to the interview WEAR ALL BLACK & GET THERE A LITTLE EARLY!!! It shows the manager that you are serious. I didn't dress "business casual" I wore black leggings and a black top. The Interview was held on the store floor (1 on 1 interview), but it wasn't too busy so that wasn't really a problem. She basically asked the generic interview questions "Tell me about yourself" "Why do you wanna work for pink" "What is your definition of a PINK girl." I was really nervous because it was only my 2nd job interview ever and I don't have any retail experience. The manager was so nice and understanding. She was always smiling and really friendly so that make the interview process more comfortable for me :)

I was hired the day I had the interview and of course I accepted the offer. At the PINK location I was at (and the time of year) you start off seasonal then depending how you do during that period you're promoted to part time.

FYI: Make sure you put down good reliable resources, THEY DO CHECK THEM!

Interview Questions
    • "Sell me something out of your purse or pick something out of the store"   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate at all considering it was my first job. But pay wasn't really discussed during my interview I think ill find that out when I go through training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in March 2010.

Group interviews are harder because they look to see who answers the most questions, who is the perkiest, etc. Very simple, easy sales questions and pitches. The interview makes the job seem more difficult than it really is. They want perky, happy salespeople to reach goals. Handling difficult customers with ease is a plus. They warn you about "Shrink" (losses to the store) and scenarios on how to handle them.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Hourly wage.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Applied in stores. Called a day later to set up an interview for the following week. The interview was very short, probably about 15-20 minutes, really casual. We sat on a couch right outside of the store. Not really any hard questions asked. They called about a week later asking for my references and then called back a couple hours later to offer me the position.

Interview Questions
    None but they pay they offered was far more than I had expected so it didn't matter to me.

Sales Support/Cashier Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in August 2014.

Interview will be with one of the managers. Consists of a group interview done in 3's. Manager will ask a series of questions to each candidate. They usually ask 1-5 questions, duration of interview is 20-40 mins depending on the length of response to answers I'd say.
    VS is very keen to your availability they tend to base some of their decision making on this and they do call all your references! so make sure they are reliable ones and good ones.

Interview Questions
    • What did you first notice while entering the store?
      How would you sell the angel card to the customer?
      while being employed by VS, we do a little bit of everything. How do you balance out what and how you start your duties for a shift?
        Answer Question

PINK Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in July 2012.

The interview process for Victoria Secret Pink took about 2 weeks. They ask for two references just make sure you check out. They usually ask your references what three words they would use to describe you. Also the interview was very casual. I had two interviews. The first one was just filling the application out and general questions by one manager. The second interview was held with another manager and two other girls. They are looking for some one that fits into their Pink girl theme and has their own unique personality. If you get the job they do an on boarding/training process which is 6 steps and can take sometime, but you get paid for it. Also scheduling for hours depends on how flexible you and how many girls work there. You can easily swap schedules with another girl if you need more hours or if something comes up. Although sometimes it can be hard to get hours if there are a lot of girls already working there, but if you talk to management about your concerns they are accommodating. Your co-workers are young and alot of fun and make time go by fast.

Interview Questions
    • An unexpected question was "what is the first thing you notice in a store?"   View Answer
    • They asked " how you would approach a customer? "   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. It is a set hourly wage. However,there is room for advancement if you become a good sales rep either in the fitting room, bra specialist, stocking room manager etc. Then of course there is a raise.

Bra Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lakeland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 9 months - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in March 2014.

For myself it was a little bit more extensive because I spent so much time negotiating. The interviews were all very easy. Three overall for me; one of which was a group interview. And I did a lot if checking up on my application and basically going to talk to the manager about sales and experience. It's easy to get a job there but takes a bit more patience and persistence to get a good one. Don't sell yourself short and make very clear what you want from the company.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything to out of the ordinary for this job. Just your basic sales interview questions. Just make sure to really review as many sales tips as you can and talk about how you would sell the product and what makes you love it and you will easily impress the hiring manager. You could really impress them buy discussing how the sales numbers affect the stare's overall performance directly.   View Answer
    This is definitely a negotiating company. I was offered the position I applied for and then told it was unavailable and offered a much less desirable position which I turned down. I was then offered a different position which I only accepted after a lot of negotiating on hours and hourly pay rate. Do not sell your self short with this company. They will try to get you for a good "price" but if you show them how valuable you are to the company they will offer you something better.

Sales Associate Interview

I was interviewed at the storage room of the store and the atmosphere was kind of serious and professional. The hiring manager held a pretty quick interview for me so I could say that she wasn't interested in me. Overall the interview isn't hard. It all just depends on the need of the store for new associates.

Bra Specialist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in July 2014.

I Applied in one of their newest locations. the interview was with a group of managers each one asked a question. Managers were friendly and professional. The interview lasted less than 15 minutes

Interview Questions
    • They asked the usual retail questions nothing major or difficult.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

PINK Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waikïkï, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waikïkï, HI

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in June 2014.

Found out that the company was hiring through a craigslist post and didn't think i'd get called for an interview. A few weeks later I got called back for a first group interview session and told if they were interested they'd call us back for a second session, 2 days later got the call back and asked what department we wanted to work in (I decided to go for PINK) and met with the manager for that PINK department, pretty easy going and laid back I would say. A day or two later I got a call back from the general manager with an offer.

DON'T FORGET TO WEAR BLACK TO THE INTERVIEW. Dress as if you were a worker at Victoria's Secret and follow their dress code of black and "business type" wear.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied, got called because they were interested,had a group interview- made sure I answered all the questions but in the appropriate amount of time, don't drag on, but don't let another interviewee outshine you. They call you back if they want a second interview, I was called later that day, scheduled a second interview with a higher up manager, was called and told I got the job.

Interview Questions

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!