Victoria's Secret Stores

Average Difficulty
551 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview Details – Personally, we received many applications, most of which were never looked at. If they are written poorly or sloppy, we just threw them out. If the applicant did not look business professional when delivering the application, it really looked bad. If you do not get a call back, calling the store directly will do little but annoy the management team. They will give vague answers about when they will be hiring. If you do get a call back, you will be included in a group interview of usually 3-5 girls. Standard questions are asked, "In this situation, what would you do...?", "Why do you want to work here..."?. Every girl will be given an opportunity to answer. You need to come up with a different answer than the girl(s) before you though. Pretty much any answer related to empowering women & creating a culture of acceptance and honesty will look great. They will call within 2 weeks if they like you. You will be offered the position on the phone. If you do not get a call back, expect a letter in the mail declining your application, but they usually aren't prompt. Good Luck!

P.S You will get an employee discount of 30%. Don't ask about it in the interview, that looks bad.

Interview Question – How will you improve the customer experience? How would you increase sales in Pink Merchandise? Why do you want to work at Victoria's Secret (don't bring up employee discount. I said I wanted to help women become confident and comfortable with their body.)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was unable to negotiate. It was my first job, minimum was all I was offered. The management team will undoubtedly tell you that they do not have control over pay-rates.

Seaonal Beauty Associate Interview

Seaonal Beauty Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in November 2011.

Interview Details – On my campus, VS had a recruiting booth where they measure girls for free and handed out applications if you were interested in working for VS. I decide to apply for fun just to see if I can get job. A week later I got a call from VS to come in for interview. I was excited and nervous as the same time! Of course, I had to prep for this interview because I honestly never got interview for a job before. My TIP for all first job seekers is look up all interview questions and have someone help you practice them. Also, MAKE sure you dress ALL BLACK business casual because it is VS color uniform. When you dress all black, it gives VS a idea how you look in their company plus this is bonus points for the person who is interviewing you.

Interview process: My interview was a group interview with 6-7 other girls. The person who interview me at the time was the store manager. The very first question was obvious.

Why do you want to work at VS? Why VS? Why should we hire you at VS?

Each girl had a opportunity to talk and my ADVICE to you is to be yourself and let your personality show. At that time, I didn't have any work experience so I used examples of me volunteering or working as a team leader in clubs. Try your best to answer the questions the best you can.

So the store manager continue to asked us a couple more questions. After when the questions was done, the store manager gave us forms to sign. The forms was basic information like address, work experience, references, and availability. I didn't sign the forms before hand because I was recruited from a recruiter at school. (The recruiter gave me a basic card to sign at the time)

After when we finish the forms, the store manager said that they will gives us a call back if hired. In the mean time while waiting, just wait for a week and if they don't call back then just call them back.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at VS? Why VS? Why should we hire you at VS?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, the pay was not negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

Interview Details – Its a pretty easy process. You just go in the store to pick up an application and bring it right back into the store. The hiring manager was really nice and she called maybe the next day or so to set up an interview. The initial interview was just to see where I wanted to apply for there's beauty sport pink cashwrap etc. I chose cash wrap so she set me up with that manager and I had to go back the next day. After that interview it was about three days before I got a call. I went in to sign paper work which was the usual stuff. The next day I was on the registers. pretty east process.

Interview Question – Most of the questions are basic job interview questions. The hardest was maybe when they asked us if we could sell them an item in the room.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tucson, AZ

I applied in-person - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in January 2010.

Interview Details – I went into the store and filled out their application. I asked to speak with a manager and provided my resume. I had just finished a prestigious degree at university and showed I was well spoken and highly competent. The manager and I discussed the position and openings. The next day I received a phone call offering me the position. I wasn't really 'interviewed'.

Interview Question – There were really no questions, I just demonstrated obvious competency when discussing the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I was told I was offered minimum wage because I had no sales experience.

Sales Support Associate Interview

Sales Support Associate
Sandy, UT

I applied in-person - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in August 2012.

Interview Details – I applied end of May in 2012, and was called in for an interview in August of 2012. I took my application in, they weren't hiring but said they'd keep it on file. I got a job at another retail store (which finally gave me some retail experience) and then early August they called me in for an interview. It was a group interview, and the store manager was interviewing us. We found a table in the food court and about 10 of us sat down and she would ask us questions. Me and 2 other people were forthcoming with answers, and actually tried. Me and a boy were then called back for a one-on-one interview. I didn't get the message until I was on my way to Lake Powell, so on Powell I talked to the manager and she said, don't worry about the one-on-one, we want to hire you. She then told me the benefits (awesome), salary (not so awesome, but I was new and didn't know), and dress code etc. I started training when I got back from Powell and I worked with the other kid who got an interview and it was great fun.

Interview Question – I don't remember specifics, but there was a questions essentially asking which is more important: the customer or keeping the store in order. I mentioned something about balancing and multitasking, and another interviewer said customer is more important.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't know negotiating was an option, so I just let it be.

Stock Associate Interview

Stock Associate
Fort Myers, FL

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in February 2013.

Interview Details – I went to a job fair and filled out an application. I handed it in to the manger and got a call about a week later. They do a group interview you all meet up and go to the back and they talk to you about the company and ask questions while everybody answers one by one. Its good to dress nice and in all black and act optimistic.

Interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores

Interview Details – The hiring process was fairly easy. This was my first job ever held. The manager was nice and gave me a chance--to which I was thankful for. I loved selling makeup and having a sales quota to hit everyday.

Interview Question – I don't think there was a difficult question asked during the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Sales Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in April 2012.

Interview Details – They came to my school handed them my resume and had a interview the following week. While at the interview I had a group interview which was pretty easy and basic questions.

Interview Question – How would you make a customer feel computable while measuring them for a bra?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Bloomington, MN

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview Details – I walked in, talked to the manager, filled out a paper application, and got a call the next day inviting me in for training. There was no in-person interview, because it was a seasonal position. After a few months, I got asked to stay longer as a full-time sales associate.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Sales Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview Details – They took FOREVER to get back to me and had me travel to another town to do the interview. Then had me waiting for an hour before they finally began

Interview Question – How would you contribute to VS?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!