Victoria's Secret Stores

2.2

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

It was a group interview with about five or six other people applying and it lasted about 30 minutes total. We met outside the store in the mall so it was fairly casual. The interview was conducted by the store manager and she asked us 4 or 5 questions each, sometimes the same questions, sometimes different. Out of the six or seven of us, four or five of us were offered positions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you make the link between our lingerie and beauty sections?   View Answer
    • What position do you think you would be best at and why?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Group Interview, have to be able to speak up and answer questions or else you could possibly miss a chance to promote yourself. Lasted about 30 minutes. Filled out some paper work while I was there. They followed up about two weeks later with a job offer. Be able to answer behavioral questions and talk about how your experiences will help you make a good candidate for the job.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Apply in-person and speak with the hiring manager if she (or he) is there. You will get a phone call to come in for an interview. It will more than likely be a group interview. There were about 5 of us in my group. If hired, you will then get a phone call inviting you to come in for on boarding aka orientation.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't have any difficult questions. Everything was pretty relaxed in our group and it helps to play off of the other applicants response.   View Answer

Internet Merchandising Coordinator Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Started off as a contractor through a temp agency. Agency asked very simple questions. Went on to interview with Merchandising Manager and Assistant Merchandising Manager. The questions were typical and didn't require much thought. I was called back on the same day to start the following week. I was asked if I was comfortable working in merchandising, if I had any retail experience, and to be sure I was ok with data entry.

Interview Questions
    I had already knew my pay prior to going into the interview due to being a contractor.

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in February 2015.

Went into the store to fill out application and then received a call the next day to interview. Was a very easy and fun process. The interviewer was very friendly and I was able to get hired within a week after applying. The interview was one-on-one since there was not any other people being hired at the time. She was very informative and got me very excited about the job! I am having so much fun at Victoria Secret!

Interview Questions
    • "How did you take charge in a difficult situation?"
      "What would prepare you for a stressful and hectic work place?"

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Group interview, consisting of four applicants and the store manager. The stores always receive several applications during busy seasons and weed off those that don't match the company by using group interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer says they do not want to be helped?   Answer Question

(At the Time) Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

I went in and dropped off an application and got a call to come in for an interview. It was held in the "back" of the store / their break room. It was myself, another candidate and the assistant store manager.
    It was a lot of general interviewing questions but she asked "Sell me something in this room" the other girl went first and chose her purse and she fumbled a lot. I chose a pair of panties that were in a box ( they were stocking up for semi-annual sale) and I was very detailed about that pair and said at the end "but if these arnt for you we also have a fuller coverage style" which she told me right then she LOVED and never heard anyone say that before.

I got the job and so did the other girl but the other girl didn't make it past her 90 day period.

I started scheduling and conducting interviews after I got promoted to Bra Supervisor so It's really neat to hear the difference answers and tell who really wants it.

Interview Questions
    • "Sell me anything in this room" and "Why should I chose you over her"   View Answer
    It was above min. wage so I took it as is. I just turned 18 so I wasn't too picky.

Sales Associate Interview

I went in the actual store I wanted to apply to and I asked one of the cashiers for an application. You should also ask if they are hiring because sometimes they'll give you an application and you can turn it in, but if you're in need of an immediate job, they won't refer to it until they need to hire someone. After I filled out the application I turned it in at the store with a manager. The managers then review your application, if selected you then get called in for an interview. The interview was a group interview and lasted about 1 hour (if I remember correctly).

Interview Questions
    • If you don't have any prior sales experience (as I didn't at the time), the most difficult question to answer was: "if a customer comes in to buy x, how to you approach a customer to buy something else along with what they came in for?"   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

I went into the store and asked if they were hiring. I was told to print out an application online, fill it out, and bring it back because they didn't have any on hand. I went in the next day and handed in the application. About a week and a half later, I was called in and notified about the interview. I went to the interview, and of course it was a group interview. This was my first group interview, so I knew immediately that I had to stand out. All of us interviewing and the hiring manager walk into the backroom where we had the interview. The questions were pretty basic retail questions. I talked about my past retail experiences. The next day, I got a call back with the job offer and my hourly pay and I accepted.

Replenishment Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

I applied in person and then met at the mall for an interview. The questions were what you would expect for a retail job, mix of basic and situational questions.