Victoria's Secret Stores Interview Questions

Updated Oct 29, 2014
Updated Oct 29, 2014

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

I applied at a local VS, make sure when you turn in your app you ask for a manager and speak with them and give the app to them.. it did take 8 days for me to get a call back so don't get discouraged! I was called on a Sunday for an interview the next day, and as expected it was a group interview with 2 other girls. I was the only girl to wear all black and the manager later thanked me for that.. The questions were simple we all had the chance to answer, I answered first the most, but you want to let the other girls talk too, at the end we made sure our availability was correct and that our references were good ones. This is super important because in order for them to hire you they need to speak with 2 references so make sure you have reliable ones! 4 days after my interview I was called for on boarding the next day which is basically all your training.. I was the only one from my interview for on boarding also. Very easy process!

Interview Questions
    • Would you feel comfortable selling at least 250 dollars worth of merchandise an hour?   View Answer
    Make sure you have good references that will call the managers back, and wear all black to your interview, and be confident! VS strives to make women confident :)

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Went in the store early September and asked if they were hiring. I put in my application the following week. I was then told to come back in October. I went back September 30 to show my face and let manager know I was still interested. Went to the store two times in two weeks to check on application. Got called for an interview on the third week. Had a group interview the next day with 5 other girls. Relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Manager was bubbly and funny but very professional. Only a few questions were asked. After that they told us they'd give our references a call and call us back. Got the call two weeks after interview offering me the position!!

Interview Questions
    • What kind of skills could you bring to Victoria's Secret?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Pay was more than what I asked anyway.

PINK Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

The hiring process was easy it took about 4 weeks. I turned my application in on a Sunday and was called on a Monday. My first interview was one on one and the second one was a group. The interview was very relaxed and the questions were easy. What is a Pink girl? What are current trends? I was asked between 5-7 questions each time. They actually call references.

I didn't negotiate

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Went in to turn in an application, had an interview on the spot. Later got called in to do a group interview, a little intimidating. But just be comfortable and kind, the answers will come to you.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too unexpected except "Sell me something in your purse" caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Bra Specialist/Cashier Interview

I walked in the store on a whim and asked if they were hiring. They told me to come back in 3 hours so I did. I interviewed with the store manager outside of the store around a fountain and took about 25 min. I went back in and met the hiring manager. Waited about a week and was offered a position.

No negotiation.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, IA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in October 2014.

Printed out a app online, dropped off to my surprise a manager. Had a mini interview on the floor basic questions of past work history, what did I do at these jobs, discussed availability and said she or someone will call. So I walked around and then she came up to me and asked if I can come in 2 days later at 9:30 for a group interview

Interview Questions
    Just the group interviews I would rather have one on one. But just be upbeat and answer each question to best of knowledge.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in October 2014.

I initially applied for the job on a whim and got a call about 4 days later for first interview. It went great but I was a little bummed when I was told that the position was seasonal, I wanted a part time job. So about a week later I received a second interview. The second interview was with the Store Manager and he was very nice and friendly. He offered me a part-time sales associate position on the spot!

Interview Questions
    • what were some accomplishments you're proud of?   Answer Question
    • describe a time where you've exceeded a customers expectations.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in October 2014.

It took about a week.. I walked in and asked if they were hiring and they were for seasonal positions the associate I spoke to was friendly and told me to fill it out an application on the spot so she could give it to the manager, moments later I spoke to one of the shift managers she was also very nice she asked why I wanted to work at Victorias secret and if she could contact my most recent employer and told me to come in for a group interview being held a couple days later

The group interview was smooth and easy a Different manager interviewed about 6 of us ladies and guys applied for stock and cashier position she asked us basic questions and why we want to work there just smile a lot and look at whoever is speaking, when you're talking be articulate and make sure u do a little bit of homework on the company ... Towards the end of the interview she told us we would be getting a call back before Sunday so I was waiting patiently for a whole 2 days, she finally called and invited me back for a second group interview

The second interview was with the store manager he was polite and let us know that we had all (4 of us) been invited back because one of the managers wanted to hire us but nobody gets hired without meeting him, he then asked us to share a little about ourselves and said he'd be able to determine from how we speak, sat etc .. To observe little things basically .. It was kind of nerve racking but again just smile, show some personality be polite and show interest in whoever is speaking.. At the end of that he told us we would receive a call back with a yay or nay... I got a call a couple hours later to start training on Wednesday ! I'm so excited I can tell this is a great place to work

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • Decscribe a time you received great service

Why do you want to work at this location

How do you deal with conflict
        Answer Question
    No negotiation, they pay much more than I expected so it was all good !

Non-Selling Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in October 2014.

I printed and filled out a paper application and turned it in in-store. The manager that took my application asked me a few basic questions and told me I would probably get a call for an interview that day.
    About 30 minutes later I got a call to set up an interview 3 days from then and I was told it would be a group interview and who my interviewer was so I would know who to ask for when I came in.
    There were 4 girls interviewing in my group who were all interested in different positions. We were led down to the food court of the mall and did the interview there.
    First she asked us to each introduce ourselves, talking about previous experience, why retail and why Victoria's Secret. We each went around and did a quick introduction like this.
    After the introductions, the interviewer basically just described the different positions (Selling and Non-Selling Associates) as well as described the new bonus structure for selling associates. She talked about her personal experience with the company and how the daily workings of the store went. After this, she asked if we had any questions for her and she answered what questions we did have. She told us at the end that they would check our references (which they did... my manager at my summer job told me that she got a call) and get back to us.
    Overall, this interview was very easy compared to previous interviews. It was strange to be in a group setting, but I think this also made it a little more comfortable because you were around people you may possibly get to work with in the future.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to give a short introduction about yourself and your previous work experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiation... The wage offer was much more than I expected, so I didn't need to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in October 2014.

I printed off my application and brought it into the store, wearing a suit with my hair and makeup fully done. I would say that appearances are important, not necessarily having photo shoot makeup and hair, but putting forth an effort to look put-together and fashionable. The manager approached me and took my application with a warm smile. She promised to be in touch in the next week or two to set up an interview and true to her word, she called the following week week. I interviewed with her two days later. It was supposed to be a group interview, however the second girl didn't make it for the interview so it was just us! She started out by asking me to tell her a little bit about myself and my lifestyle. Next we discussed the position that I was interested in. She told me about a few changes that were currently happening in the company, which I really appreciated, as it changed my mind about the position I wanted.

Interview Questions
    • If 20 people walked into the store, what would you do? How would you know which ones to sell to, and who would spend more money?   View Answer