Victoria's Secret Stores

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Went in to turn in an application, had an interview on the spot. Later got called in to do a group interview, a little intimidating. But just be comfortable and kind, the answers will come to you.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too unexpected except "Sell me something in your purse" caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Bra Specialist/Cashier Interview

I walked in the store on a whim and asked if they were hiring. They told me to come back in 3 hours so I did. I interviewed with the store manager outside of the store around a fountain and took about 25 min. I went back in and met the hiring manager. Waited about a week and was offered a position.

No negotiation.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, IA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in October 2014.

Printed out a app online, dropped off to my surprise a manager. Had a mini interview on the floor basic questions of past work history, what did I do at these jobs, discussed availability and said she or someone will call. So I walked around and then she came up to me and asked if I can come in 2 days later at 9:30 for a group interview

Interview Questions
    Just the group interviews I would rather have one on one. But just be upbeat and answer each question to best of knowledge.

Victoria's Secret Retail Management Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Met recruiters at our schools career fair, gave them my resume and got called back later for the first of 3 interviews. The first was just with the district manager, the second was a group interview with multiple managers and the third was a series of phone conversations with HR and store managers.

Interview Questions
    • Although I got around it, Knowing the brand and the product a bit would help.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Applied in stores. Called a day later to set up an interview for the following week. The interview was very short, probably about 15-20 minutes, really casual. We sat on a couch right outside of the store. Not really any hard questions asked. They called about a week later asking for my references and then called back a couple hours later to offer me the position.

Interview Questions
    None but they pay they offered was far more than I had expected so it didn't matter to me.

Sales Support Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

I took in my interview and the same day I was called for an interview. I was soooo Thrilled and the best part is that the hiring manager was so sweet and bubbly! It was a group interview, but I really wanted the job and I was very confident about it. When I got home I was hired. You won't imagin how happy I was and still am! It was my first day the other day and boy did I have fun! The girl's are all so nice. Overall I plan to work with the company for a very long time. It does start out as a seasonal job but if you show them how hard you work and how much you really love your job (like I do) they will most likely hire you for a long term.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, Pay is fair.

Sales Associate Interview

I was interviewed at the storage room of the store and the atmosphere was kind of serious and professional. The hiring manager held a pretty quick interview for me so I could say that she wasn't interested in me. Overall the interview isn't hard. It all just depends on the need of the store for new associates.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied, got called because they were interested,had a group interview- made sure I answered all the questions but in the appropriate amount of time, don't drag on, but don't let another interviewee outshine you. They call you back if they want a second interview, I was called later that day, scheduled a second interview with a higher up manager, was called and told I got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Personally, we received many applications, most of which were never looked at. If they are written poorly or sloppy, we just threw them out. If the applicant did not look business professional when delivering the application, it really looked bad. If you do not get a call back, calling the store directly will do little but annoy the management team. They will give vague answers about when they will be hiring. If you do get a call back, you will be included in a group interview of usually 3-5 girls. Standard questions are asked, "In this situation, what would you do...?", "Why do you want to work here..."?. Every girl will be given an opportunity to answer. You need to come up with a different answer than the girl(s) before you though. Pretty much any answer related to empowering women & creating a culture of acceptance and honesty will look great. They will call within 2 weeks if they like you. You will be offered the position on the phone. If you do not get a call back, expect a letter in the mail declining your application, but they usually aren't prompt. Good Luck!

P.S You will get an employee discount of 30%. Don't ask about it in the interview, that looks bad.

Interview Questions
    • How will you improve the customer experience? How would you increase sales in Pink Merchandise? Why do you want to work at Victoria's Secret (don't bring up employee discount. I said I wanted to help women become confident and comfortable with their body.)   Answer Question
    I was unable to negotiate. It was my first job, minimum was all I was offered. The management team will undoubtedly tell you that they do not have control over pay-rates.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in September 2014.

Pretty easy, applied in store and the associate asked me why i wanted to work at PINK and told me to chose anything from the store and sell it to her. Then told me i did a good job and she would give my application to a hiring manager and she was sure I would get a call "very soon." Got a call the same day and was offered an interview with one of the managers. She basically asked me, why i wanted the job, what i would describe a pink girl as and asked about my previous jobs.

No negotiation, the pay was so much more than i expected, and i was told i could request off.