Victoria's Secret Stores

Updated Jan 24, 2015
Updated Jan 24, 2015

2.2

(At the Time) Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

I went in and dropped off an application and got a call to come in for an interview. It was held in the "back" of the store / their break room. It was myself, another candidate and the assistant store manager.
    It was a lot of general interviewing questions but she asked "Sell me something in this room" the other girl went first and chose her purse and she fumbled a lot. I chose a pair of panties that were in a box ( they were stocking up for semi-annual sale) and I was very detailed about that pair and said at the end "but if these arnt for you we also have a fuller coverage style" which she told me right then she LOVED and never heard anyone say that before.

I got the job and so did the other girl but the other girl didn't make it past her 90 day period.

I started scheduling and conducting interviews after I got promoted to Bra Supervisor so It's really neat to hear the difference answers and tell who really wants it.

Interview Questions
    • "Sell me anything in this room" and "Why should I chose you over her"   View Answer
    It was above min. wage so I took it as is. I just turned 18 so I wasn't too picky.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Group interview, consisting of four applicants and the store manager. The stores always receive several applications during busy seasons and weed off those that don't match the company by using group interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer says they do not want to be helped?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I went in the actual store I wanted to apply to and I asked one of the cashiers for an application. You should also ask if they are hiring because sometimes they'll give you an application and you can turn it in, but if you're in need of an immediate job, they won't refer to it until they need to hire someone. After I filled out the application I turned it in at the store with a manager. The managers then review your application, if selected you then get called in for an interview. The interview was a group interview and lasted about 1 hour (if I remember correctly).

Interview Questions
    • If you don't have any prior sales experience (as I didn't at the time), the most difficult question to answer was: "if a customer comes in to buy x, how to you approach a customer to buy something else along with what they came in for?"   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

I went into the store and asked if they were hiring. I was told to print out an application online, fill it out, and bring it back because they didn't have any on hand. I went in the next day and handed in the application. About a week and a half later, I was called in and notified about the interview. I went to the interview, and of course it was a group interview. This was my first group interview, so I knew immediately that I had to stand out. All of us interviewing and the hiring manager walk into the backroom where we had the interview. The questions were pretty basic retail questions. I talked about my past retail experiences. The next day, I got a call back with the job offer and my hourly pay and I accepted.

Replenishment Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

I applied in person and then met at the mall for an interview. The questions were what you would expect for a retail job, mix of basic and situational questions.

Sales Associate Interview

Handed my resume to the manager, got an interview for the day after. Group interview, super easy. Most of the girls I interviewed with were hired. They did 3 days of training, on the 3rd day they put you out on the floor.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you to sell something that you have on you, like an umbrella, pen, etc.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Group interview experience; the manager asked a question, and the group answered in no particular order. Had to be proactive in answering the questions asked.

Very basic behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Sell me something in this room.
      Not really a difficult / unexpected question, but one that I happen to remember.

Answer Question

Other opportunity elsewhere.

Intimates Category Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Hiring as an internal candidate, interviewing with the district manager and other store managers to have a panel like interview for category manager position . It seemed harder to get interview for external candidates unless you were networking

Yes, somewhat

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

I had a group interview, which normally makes interviews seem a bit more relaxed. The leads would spot out a question, and anyone in the group would give their answer in any order. I would think of an interview for a store like this to be intimidating, but it wasn't. I really liked the vibe that they leads gave. Questions include— what was an obstacle you had to overcome and how did you do it? What would you do if you were overwhelmed with a bunch of work? What is your strongest skill?

Interview Questions
    • How would you act towards a customer if you also had other customers who expected help from you, as well?   Answer Question
    Got the position for a cashier for $10/hr.

Sales Associate Interview

submitted paper application in store, took about one week to receive a call to schedule an interview. showed up to discover it was a group interview, which was intimidating. about a week later i got the call with the job offer, followed with about 5 days of paid "class-room style" training and orientation.

Interview Questions
    • manager asked "how would you handle a situation where a friend was doing something you knew wasn't right?"   View Answer
    they told me the pay rate and about how many hours i was expected to work (including that nights and weekends were expected of me)