Victoria's Secret Stores Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.2

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

two months of questioning, which was a total waste of time

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview

The interview process were kinda difficult for me because the interviews were held in groups. The other people applying were over talking me since i have no job experience and they went on and on talking. I dislike group interviews.

Interview Questions

• They asked several common interview questions like: why should we hire you? What motivates you? tell me a little about yourself? Strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in December 2013.

Interview

It was around the holidays when the store initially opened and they were also looking for new employees. I just went in and asked anyone if they were still hiring and then a guy got me an application. He told me that I had an interview on the Friday in the same week and told me to fill out the application. So fast forward to Friday, I came in at 2PM and there were probably about 10 other girls standing there with me. We ended up waiting way later than expected and there were people coming in at 2:30PM because they didn't keep the interview starting time consistent for everyone. Needless to say there were probably about 20 other girls sitting in a tiny little room. Anyway, so the interview was an extremely lengthy one because there were so many people being interviewed at once and it was pretty unorganized. I found a lot of questions to be unexpected and for the most part they demanded that you had some retail or previous experience because otherwise you were unlikely to answer the questions.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time when you really listened to someone" "Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond in customer service"   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Lincoln, NE).

Interview

For the location I applied at in Lincoln, NE, we were called in to do group interviews after submitting a paper application. The hiring process baffles me. In the last 8 years, I've probably applied 3 times and I've gotten to the interview stage twice. I feel that if they increased pay for associates or gave them more benefits/incentives for working there, they wouldn't have to do these massive cattle calls constantly. Of course young girls are attracted to the glamour, but I would probably avoid this job unless you happen to live very close. The pay is slightly above minimum wage if I remember correctly and you'd constantly be on your feet. I stopped applying once I realized the quality of their products was decreasing and that the women who were being hired instead of me weren't that great. For my last interview, the manager was late and happened to be wearing sweatpants. Surely I must be better qualified than a woman who shows up to an interview in sweatpants, no? I'm convinced the people getting hired have recommendations from current employees. Not sure. I feel like they don't have a lot of respect for your time with the cattle calls. Even if you don't have a good chance of getting hired, they call you in and waste your time.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions -- know how many hours you want, why you are applying, what your interpersonal skills are, what your strengths and weaknesses are, etc.   Answer Question

Sales Associate, Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Wellington, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

After printing out an application and filling it out, I called VS and ask them are there any qualifications (days that not a lot of people work on such as weekends) and she replied no. Upon getting there in professional attire and my application/resume ready as I hand it her, she flips through and ask why cant I work weekends. Before i could even give my response she drops my resume/ application on the counter not even into my open hand. She was very rude never again will i apply here rude customer service.

Brand Delivery and Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Surrey, BC (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

Was sent an email days after submitting my resume for a phone interview, had the interview and was told she would review the notes with the DM and if they decided I would worth interviewing I would go to an interview with him and then the country manager would interview with me. She was nice enough but the interview wasn't what I was expecting. They are very picky and bc I didn't have high volume experience I wouldn't be going past a phone interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview

submitted paper application in store, took about one week to receive a call to schedule an interview. showed up to discover it was a group interview, which was intimidating. about a week later i got the call with the job offer, followed with about 5 days of paid "class-room style" training and orientation.

Interview Questions

• manager asked "how would you handle a situation where a friend was doing something you knew wasn't right?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

they told me the pay rate and about how many hours i was expected to work (including that nights and weekends were expected of me)

Inventory Deployment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in September 2011.

Interview

Was the most professional company that I interviewed with. HR department was great. They did an initial phone screening, then followed up right away with a interview schedule. HR communicated well and moved quickly when making decisions.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard interview questions. Mostly behavioral questions. "Tell me time when..."   Answer Question

Intimates Category Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in August 2012.

Interview

I was an inside hire and so most of the questions that I answered were more detailed than an outside hire. I was asked what my career goals were, what was a difficult moment at the store and who did I work through it, and how could I better the store I would be moving to. Most of the interviews are about knowledge and lingo dropping because it shows your dedication.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was how would I specifically make the store better. Its hard to know that answer without knowing what the store's flaws are to begin with.   Answer Question

Victoria's Secret Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2012.

Interview

2 -3 interview process DM-SM-RM
    Standard questions
    1 month management training very rushed no in depth training
    No consistency
    Thrown to the wolves mentality
    All matters if you suck up to higher management
    Work ethic not recognized
    Dress like a barbie doll and you will go far with this company
    Be ready for unprofessional behavior and high school mentality
    Hope you are accepted into the popular group or your hours will suffer and you will be alienated
    Passive aggressive store managers who are afraid you will surpass them

Negotiation