Victoria's Secret Stores

528 candidate interviews

Stylist Interview

Stylist
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in August 2011.

Interview Details – two months of questioning, which was a total waste of time

Interview Question – Can you handle a difficult boss ?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview Details – The interview process were kinda difficult for me because the interviews were held in groups. The other people applying were over talking me since i have no job experience and they went on and on talking. I dislike group interviews.

Interview Question – They asked several common interview questions like: why should we hire you? What motivates you? tell me a little about yourself? Strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in December 2013.

Interview Details – It was around the holidays when the store initially opened and they were also looking for new employees. I just went in and asked anyone if they were still hiring and then a guy got me an application. He told me that I had an interview on the Friday in the same week and told me to fill out the application. So fast forward to Friday, I came in at 2PM and there were probably about 10 other girls standing there with me. We ended up waiting way later than expected and there were people coming in at 2:30PM because they didn't keep the interview starting time consistent for everyone. Needless to say there were probably about 20 other girls sitting in a tiny little room. Anyway, so the interview was an extremely lengthy one because there were so many people being interviewed at once and it was pretty unorganized. I found a lot of questions to be unexpected and for the most part they demanded that you had some retail or previous experience because otherwise you were unlikely to answer the questions.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time when you really listened to someone" "Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond in customer service"   Answer Question

Intimates Category Manager Interview

Intimates Category Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in August 2012.

Interview Details – I was an inside hire and so most of the questions that I answered were more detailed than an outside hire. I was asked what my career goals were, what was a difficult moment at the store and who did I work through it, and how could I better the store I would be moving to. Most of the interviews are about knowledge and lingo dropping because it shows your dedication.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was how would I specifically make the store better. Its hard to know that answer without knowing what the store's flaws are to begin with.   Answer Question

Victoria's Secret Interview

Victoria's Secret
Indianapolis, IN

I applied in-person - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in August 2012.

Interview Details – 2 -3 interview process DM-SM-RM
Standard questions
1 month management training very rushed no in depth training
No consistency
Thrown to the wolves mentality
All matters if you suck up to higher management
Work ethic not recognized
Dress like a barbie doll and you will go far with this company
Be ready for unprofessional behavior and high school mentality
Hope you are accepted into the popular group or your hours will suffer and you will be alienated
Passive aggressive store managers who are afraid you will surpass them

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No

Pink Category Supervisor Interview

Pink Category Supervisor

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview Details – Initially told I was having a sit down with our District Manager, then I was told there was an open position he may want to talk to me about. I met with him and about two weeks later it was confirmed the position was open and I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses and give an example where you have used your strengths and how you are trying to improve your weaknesses.   Answer Question
  • How would you deal with a difficult associate?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I stated my preferred salary, and a week later our store manager let me know what they had approved, which was .20 cents less than what I had asked for. However, with my yearly raise coming up I understood.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview Details – The interview process started with a phone interview wit an HR person. After that, I had an interview with the hiring manager, the Finance Director and the CFO, all in one day.

Interview Question – I was asked to analyze some scenario in which I was supposed to identify what was driving the expenses to increase, and how I would prevent it from happening.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, it was my first job out of school.

Inventory Deployment Analyst Interview

Inventory Deployment Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in September 2011.

Interview Details – Was the most professional company that I interviewed with. HR department was great. They did an initial phone screening, then followed up right away with a interview schedule. HR communicated well and moved quickly when making decisions.

Interview Question – Pretty standard interview questions. Mostly behavioral questions. "Tell me time when..."   Answer Question

Merchandising Intern Interview

Merchandising Intern
Reynoldsburg, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in March 2013.

Interview Details – 30 minutes telephone interview; then 3 hours face-to-face interview. I've talked with 6 merchandiser in total, each for about 30 minutes.

Interview Question – Tell me 3 elements that you think would be in for next season   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate

Functional Manager-PINK Interview

Functional Manager-PINK

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview Details – interviews are typically done in panel form for new stores and remodels. one on one for individual positions that open. strong internal resumes are mandatory. interview is more like conversation. you do not feel as if you are being barraged with questions. managers value real life examples. do not ramble, be precise and bullet point your answers as much as possible. let your passion for the brand and the customer show.

Interview Question – How will you build the PINK team and ensure business grows by 30% in the nest year?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Victoria's Secret values it's employees and promotes from within. In my experience (I have been promoted four times, from seasonal associate to functional manager) they have always provided me with a number to which I responded. I have always been met in the middle if my number was higher than their's or been given the number I asked for. This last time I was given more than I asked for and it made me feel very appreciated.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Victoria's Secret Stores

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Victoria's Secret Stores interview questions and advice. All 528 interview reviews posted anonymously by Victoria's Secret Stores employees and interview candidates.