Victoria's Secret Stores

Updated Jan 24, 2015
Updated Jan 24, 2015

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Group interview, consisting of four applicants and the store manager. The stores always receive several applications during busy seasons and weed off those that don't match the company by using group interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer says they do not want to be helped?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2011.

I turned in my application in person, followed up about a week later, got a call for an interview a week later, did the interview and got an offer the next couple of days. It was fairly fast paced and easy.

Interview Questions
    • They asked pretty basic questions, nothing to difficult.   Answer Question
    I wasn't able to negotiate.

Sales Associate Interview

I went in the actual store I wanted to apply to and I asked one of the cashiers for an application. You should also ask if they are hiring because sometimes they'll give you an application and you can turn it in, but if you're in need of an immediate job, they won't refer to it until they need to hire someone. After I filled out the application I turned it in at the store with a manager. The managers then review your application, if selected you then get called in for an interview. The interview was a group interview and lasted about 1 hour (if I remember correctly).

Interview Questions
    • If you don't have any prior sales experience (as I didn't at the time), the most difficult question to answer was: "if a customer comes in to buy x, how to you approach a customer to buy something else along with what they came in for?"   Answer Question

(At the Time) Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

I went in and dropped off an application and got a call to come in for an interview. It was held in the "back" of the store / their break room. It was myself, another candidate and the assistant store manager.
    It was a lot of general interviewing questions but she asked "Sell me something in this room" the other girl went first and chose her purse and she fumbled a lot. I chose a pair of panties that were in a box ( they were stocking up for semi-annual sale) and I was very detailed about that pair and said at the end "but if these arnt for you we also have a fuller coverage style" which she told me right then she LOVED and never heard anyone say that before.

I got the job and so did the other girl but the other girl didn't make it past her 90 day period.

I started scheduling and conducting interviews after I got promoted to Bra Supervisor so It's really neat to hear the difference answers and tell who really wants it.

Interview Questions
    • "Sell me anything in this room" and "Why should I chose you over her"   View Answer
    It was above min. wage so I took it as is. I just turned 18 so I wasn't too picky.

Cash Wrap Lead Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in December 2014.

Around the holidays, managers look for temporarily cash wrap leads. I applied through my manager. It was a group interview, there was about 3 of us. Interview took an hour, and there were 4-5 questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you faced difficulties at the cash wrap and showed leadership abilities.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through other source – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in January 2015.

I applied in the beginning of January after Christmas and got a call the next week to come into a group interview. There were 6 other girls and I was the only one to wear all black. The group interview itself was pretty easy there were basic questions like what's yor experience and what's good customer service to you. I was the first to actually speak out about my opinion about something's which another girl the also tried to do. It was hard to tell if the manager liked me but I guess she did because I got a call back later that day to come in for another interview the following week. The second interview was more like a conversation it was with the store manager who I actually gave my application to. She said she liked me right off the bat so having good energy, smiling and showing that your excited about working there makes them want to hire you. After the interview with the store manager she told me to come back later that day to talk to the other manager that interviewed me first to talk about when I can start

Interview Questions
    I just turned 18 and don't even have a year of experience yet so I put on my application that I would be fine with minimum wage with is 7.50 but they actually offered 9.00 so hey I can't complain

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

I went into the store and asked if they were hiring. I was told to print out an application online, fill it out, and bring it back because they didn't have any on hand. I went in the next day and handed in the application. About a week and a half later, I was called in and notified about the interview. I went to the interview, and of course it was a group interview. This was my first group interview, so I knew immediately that I had to stand out. All of us interviewing and the hiring manager walk into the backroom where we had the interview. The questions were pretty basic retail questions. I talked about my past retail experiences. The next day, I got a call back with the job offer and my hourly pay and I accepted.

Replenishment Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

I applied in person and then met at the mall for an interview. The questions were what you would expect for a retail job, mix of basic and situational questions.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in September 2011.

I was informed that the store was hiring at the time i submitted my application. Within a couple days I had been called back to schedule an interview. The initial interview could be individual or as a group depending on how many associates the store is looking to hire. The traditional questions are asked of the group. Within 2 days I had a call back to schedule a second interview which was very short and at which point you are very likely to be offered a position.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate because I was hired as a basic sales associate.

Sales Associate Interview

Handed my resume to the manager, got an interview for the day after. Group interview, super easy. Most of the girls I interviewed with were hired. They did 3 days of training, on the 3rd day they put you out on the floor.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you to sell something that you have on you, like an umbrella, pen, etc.   Answer Question