Victoria's Secret Stores Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.3

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview

I had to download the application from the website and then turn it into the store manager. Then I waited and they called me about 2 months later for a group interview. The group had about 5-6 girls and one manager at a table.

Interview Questions

• An example was: Tell us a time where you gave the best customer service.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I brought my application in stores and got called to come in for an interview shortly after. It was a group interview and was honestly a fun interview. It was a great experience. I felt completely confident.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Yonkers, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a 1-on-1 interview in one of the store's back office. She had a small pile of applications in front of her so I knew I wasn't her only interview today. It was relatively relaxed. Her questions focused on my assessing my ability to approach strangers, make sales. She stressed that one big focus of the job is to make that VS store the preferred one for our area. She mentioned that I'd be required to sell a minimum of $300 worth of merchandise per day. I had done research on the company, made extra copies of my resume, pre-thought some ending questions in preparation for the interview etc. but didn't really end up needing it.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable approaching/striking up a conversation with a person/group of person? This job isn't just about folding the clothes and maintaing the floor -- most of it is customer interaction.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Bellevue, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online which included a resume and filling out an application. I received an email request for an interview with the store manager a few days later. When I arrived at the store I was asked again to fill out another application! I was told to go sit with the other ladies that would be interviewing. We had a group interview in the middle of the mall, very noisy area, we could not hear each other speaking. We were told that we didn't have to answer all the questions but should take part in casual conversation. This was hands down the worst interview I have ever taken part of. Group interview.....really!!! I understand this is an entry level position but come on....this is ridiculous! Very unprofessional interview process.

Interview Questions

• What is customer service? How would you handle a difficult customer? How do you prioritize your work?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in July 2015.

Interview

Went in for an interview- it was with one other girl. Very positive vibe, mostly asked questions about personality and the famous "why do you want to work here". My main focus was complimenting the company and focusing on their main products. After my first interview, a week went by before a call back to set up a second one. One main thing I noticed was one of the employees complimented me on showing up 10-15 minutes early! After the second interview (which was one on one) it took about a week and a half to hear back. Over all one of the best interviews I have been at. Very comfortable feeling talking to the manager and loved the energy and passion shared in both interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Victoria's secret?   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Milwaukee, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application on a Saturday. And the next Saturday I went to a job fair held at the store. Later that Saturday I had been called for an interview on that Thursday. Had the interview and they called me the same day to offer me the job

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were determined to achieve a goal.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No I wasn't able to negotiate. But, if you put a lower pay rate on the application you may be surprised if you get a higher rate. Based on your experience.

Generalist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in July 2015.

Interview

I went in on a Wednesday to turn in my application, that night I got called for an interview the next day. I went to the interview on Thursday and it went great! I was called that night to start Friday. The interview was supposed to be a group interview but ended up being one on one, which I like so much better. The hiring manager was really friendly and not intimidating. She asked me basic interview questions and it only took 10 minutes. She made me feel like she really liked me and told me she would give my references a call that day. None of my references got a call.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Culver City, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I delivered resume, application, & credentials. Hiring manager took it and seemed pro-active. Did not hear anything for 2 weeks, followed up with a phone call. Waited one week followed up with a call again. The same hiring mgr. called me on a Saturday for an interview Monday. Arriving 20 minutes early, waited 45 min a manager to come out, ask two questions. Impressed I did my research on the company, 2nd question what else do I enjoy doing, interview took place on the floor of the store. She took my resume copy, said they would be checking references, and to contact the young lady in a week. I called after the interview and asked for the young lady's last name correct spelling as it was never given to me to send a thank you to both for the time they took out for the interview. It happened to be the same women that I interviewed with, she gave me the name and spelling and than just hung up on me. No thank you or have a good day. Saturday received a very small card denying, saying even though my resume was impressive. I checked with all references none of them received a phone call from the store.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Victoria Secret and What other interest do you have?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Interview

Group interview where the hiring manager asked a series of questions and whoever wanted to answer first could answer. It was a fairly relaxed atmosphere and was pretty fun and the interviewer was pleasant and professional.

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Kalamazoo, MI).

Interview

long process but worth it. two interviews and they check your references so make sure you have reliable references. took about 2 weeks to be employed there after the interview. the interview was also a group interview which I've never done before but it wasn't too bad. easy questions.

Interview Questions

• When did you have to work as a team to accomplish a goal? why do you want to work at Victoria's Secret? Name a time in the past when there was a problem and you solved it.   Answer Question