Victoria's Secret Stores

2.2

PINK Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

The hiring process was easy it took about 4 weeks. I turned my application in on a Sunday and was called on a Monday. My first interview was one on one and the second one was a group. The interview was very relaxed and the questions were easy. What is a Pink girl? What are current trends? I was asked between 5-7 questions each time. They actually call references.

I didn't negotiate

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in November 2014.

Turned in an application and wasn't contacted for about two months, but I received a call to come to a group interview. The interview was with one of the assistant store managers in the operations department and she asked basic questions like why do you want to work for us, what department would you like to work in and why, job history, etc. She said we would be contacted by the category manager for the department we wanted to work in if we made the cut. A few days later the PINK manager called me and set up a 1:1 interview. She basically told me to just talk about my previous experience within the company since I would be a rehire and what track I would prefer to follow (bras, sales/apparel, etc) and it was very much just a conversational "interview". She said my references would be checked and I would be called in a few days if they check out. THEY ACTUALLY CHECKED ONE OF MY REFERENCES! I've never had that happen before, it's good that they follow up. I received an offer to start as seasonal and if I want to stay after holiday (performance depending) then I can.

Interview Questions
    • What was my least favorite thing about my favorite job?   Answer Question
    I was told the seasonal pay rate was set, but if I'm kept on as a regular employee I would be given a raise.

Seasonal Stock/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in November 2014.

I called the store and asked if they were hiring and the lady told me they were for seasonal. I printed out an app online and turned it in along with my resume. A few days later I called the store to check on the status of my app and I was told that the manager was still reviewing apps and that I would get a call. Me being impatient I called again about 5 days later and got the same answer. A week after I got a call for an interview the next day. People on here have said to wear black like you were already working there but I didn't know till after my interview but I don't think it'll make a difference.

The interview was one on one and he asked what position I preferred. I told him stock but said I was open to anything. He asked if I was ok with stock and cash and I said yes. He then asked me if I have experience with stock and I told him about my experience with that. He asked if there was a time where I had a difficult task to complete in a certain amount of time and other questions regarding stocking. After the interview he asked me if I had any questions and I just asked why did he liked working there. He had me go over my app making sure everything was still accurate and he said he was going to go over it with his manager and call my references. He called them that same day and called me 2 days later offering me the job at $9/hr :)

Interview Questions
    None the amount was a dollar more then what I was expecting

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in November 2014.

I filled out my application that I got from the store. I then went to the store and handed it in and asked for a manager (you really need to do this). She looked at my application right in front of me and then said "Everything looks great! I have a group interview tomorrow and I would love to interview you!" I went the next day in all black. (This is the dress code for the employees so it really puts you in the environment) She had a huge smile on my face when she saw what I was wearing, so I really recommend dressing in all black. I was interviewed with another girl. The manager was super sweet and made us feel extremely comfortable like it was just some friends getting to know one another. She asked me about my previous job and how I handled situations where there are a lot of people. I applied for seasonal sales associate, so that's why I got this question. Christmas can be crazy in Southlake. She then asked us what was a time when we had great customer service. Then what was a time we had to manage our time well and how did we do it. She also asked how would we react to a difficult customer. She asked how would we handle a situation when a customer is criticizing their body. Basically those sort of questions. If you answer in a really feminist way, they'll love it. Talk about how you think VS helps women to build their self image, etc. She then told me that she would call my references and let me know within the next 2 days if I got the job. The next day she called all of my references and then called me and offered me the job. Employee benefits: 20% off VS merch and Bath and Body Works. After 1 month of working there it is 30% off. Also you get super discounts on new bras which is awesome. It's a really fun environment. I love feeling sexy and I definitely do when I am working there. :)

Interview Questions
    • When did you have excellent customer service?
      When were you under pressure and how did you finish what you had to do?
      How would you handle someone with a low self image?
      How would you describe Victoria's Secret's goal as a company?
      How would you handle a difficult customer?

View Answer
    There was no negotiation for me since I didn't have much experience. My pay rate is $8.50/hr. It's just a part-time job for me so I don't mind.

Sales Support Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

It was a group interview, where we all sat at a table in the back and were asked specific questions and went around in a circle answering them. They weren't difficult and if you had a hard time coming up with an answer you could almost copy the people that answered before you.

Interview Questions
    • How would you carry 10 boxes from the back of the store to the front?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Went in to turn in an application, had an interview on the spot. Later got called in to do a group interview, a little intimidating. But just be comfortable and kind, the answers will come to you.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too unexpected except "Sell me something in your purse" caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Bra Specialist/Cashier Interview

I walked in the store on a whim and asked if they were hiring. They told me to come back in 3 hours so I did. I interviewed with the store manager outside of the store around a fountain and took about 25 min. I went back in and met the hiring manager. Waited about a week and was offered a position.

No negotiation.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in October 2014.

Saw an ad online. I downloaded an app filled it out and handed it in along with a resume and cover letter to a store employee. Got a call two days later to schedule an interview. I would HIGHLY suggest you write a cover letter detailing your job experience, skills, and knowledge of the brand (or what you own).

The interview was scheduled two days after phone call. I met 1-on-1 with the manager and sat in her office to briefly discuss a little about myself and basically why she should hire me. You should emphasize sales/customer service skills and how you would assist a customer.

I came prepared, eager, and the interview literally was 5 minutes because she had to go back to work and they needed people ASAP.

Make sure you also have good references because they will check them!

Interview Questions
    • Something along the lines of: how would you handle a customer who's feels uncomfortable in the store (maybe someone body conscious)?   Answer Question
    $8.50, no negotiation. You work your way up!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in October 2014.

I initially applied for the job on a whim and got a call about 4 days later for first interview. It went great but I was a little bummed when I was told that the position was seasonal, I wanted a part time job. So about a week later I received a second interview. The second interview was with the Store Manager and he was very nice and friendly. He offered me a part-time sales associate position on the spot!

Interview Questions
    • what were some accomplishments you're proud of?   Answer Question
    • describe a time where you've exceeded a customers expectations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clackamas, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clackamas, OR

I applied in-person – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in October 2014.

Turned in application was asked to come back from group interview. There was about 7 of us. Called back on the day they said they would and offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • What was the first thing that caught your eye when you walked in the store?   Answer Question
    No negotiation was told the pay and not able to negotiate