Victoria's Secret Stores

Updated Sep 22, 2014

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2014.

I submitted my application in person and called a week later to check in. At that point, the manager with whom I spoke did not give any indication of them hiring any time soon. I got a call probably a week later to come in for an interview the following week.
    The interview itself was not difficult, but it was a group interview which is always tricky. There were five females (including myself) and one male interviewee and the two hiring managers stated that they would be conducting another group interview with four other candidates. The interview started with everyone introducing him/her-selves and stating why VS, etc. The questions were not difficult, and were all pretty textbook. The most "unconventional" question was the two managers passed around a box of random objects (there was a plug in air freshener, a glittery piece of paper, a stapler…) and we all had to pick one and make a sale to the two managers. It was really awkward, but I think they acknowledged that and mentioned they usually didn't do that. So I'm guessing that's not standard, but be prepared to sell something, maybe a bra or underwear.
    At the end of the interview the managers said they would call us all individually in one week. I didn't receive a phone call for about two and a half weeks so I just assumed I did not get the position. To my surprise, one of the managers finally did call and offered me a position. So overall, it was an extremely lengthy hiring process, but it was not difficult.

Interview Questions
    • As stated above, the managers had us pick a random object from a box and make a sale. It was a little awkward and it was hard to make it seem seamless.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate and did not get a vibe that negotiation was possible.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2014.

I handed in my application and got called in for an interview that day. The manager who did the interviewing was very bubbly and the other girls who were there for the group interview were nice as well. The manager asked us some questions about ourselves, which part of the store we would most like to work in, as well as the usual questions such as "Why do you want to work here?" and "How do you handle conflict?" We were told to expect a follow up call within 5 days.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part for me was when they asked you to pick one of the random items on the table and sell it to the interviewer.   View Answer

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2014.

I was searching for a job and I had a friend who happened to work at the flagship Victoria's Secret at 34th Street in Manhattan. I'm a male so I figured it would be more difficult to get the job. Nevertheless, I was called in for an interview after the recommendation. It was a large group of 15 people, so I realized I needed to stand out. It seemed as though everyone else was more qualified for the job in terms of job experience, but I had better speaking skills and knew how to stand out. I was one of the few people who received an individual interview after. Many others were in groups (I guess to get them out quickly). The interviewer was polite, and the interview was just an extended conversation. As long as you show that you have a friendly personality and are willing to work hard for them, you'll get the job. It helps a lot to have open availability. They called my references two days later and approximately a week after that I was offered the job. $11 an hour, which is good because this is a seasonal position, but makes sense because it is the flagship and in midtown Manhattan. The group interview is intimidating but if you have confidence in yourself you have a good chance at getting an offer. Wear all black.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult aspect of your previous job?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They laid down the salary, I couldn't complain because it was well above what I thought they would pay me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

The hiring process was very simple. I had to visit the location and complete an application. Once I turned the application in I was called in for an interview. This was a group interview with 4 people total that were potentially being hired for a position with the company. After the group interview I was contacted a few days later to begin work.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were pretty routine. There was nothing that was out of the ordinary.   Answer Question
    There was really not a lot of negotiations.

Operations and Staffing Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

I interviewed with the Assistant Store Manager and then the Store Manager. My interview didn't require meeting the District Manager because of the high volume of the store I was interviewing for - the store manager had many responsibilities within the district and was trusted to hire me herself. Make sure you mesh well with the Assistant Store Manager in this role - you will be their right hand.

Interview Questions
    • When asked why you want to work for Victoria's Secret - talk about what you can contribute to the business - not how much you love the product.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating. I tried to negotiate my hourly rate and after hearing nothing for a week, was told no.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norman, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2014.

I was just searching for jobs online and decided to apply for Victoria Secrets. Turned in the application the assistant manager who gave it to the hiring manager because they were short staffed for the semi annual sale coming up. Received a phone call the next day to come in for an interview the next day, went into the interview which was one on one and they asked a couple of questions about availability for shifts and training then they called my references that same day. Next morning (today) received a phone call for the position and accepted. Interview was super easy less than 10 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult or unexpected question they asked was "We have women who come in that have had breast reductions, breast cancer, or other related issues. How would you talk and served these clients?"   View Answer
    They gave me the job and accepted my desired pay.

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2014.

A few basic questions in a group interview. The manager also gives you some hypotheticals for on the sales floor. For example if you had a difficult customer what would you do? Who would you call?

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite part about working with customers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boynton Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boynton Beach, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2014.

easy come as easy goes. nothing to fancy. be on your toes. all questions are easy to answer. use prior knowledge. worry about yourself and not others. try to think and stay positive!

Sales Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellingham, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2014.

Filled out an application and turned it in. The employee who I turned it in to asked a couple questions (why do you want to work here? What's your favorite product?) and then set up an interview date. It was a group interview with one other girl.
    I went to the store on the day of the interview and the interviewer (who was pretty young) myself, and one other girl went to the food court where the interview was held. It was kind of informal, she asked a few questions like what is good customer service to you? What was your last experience bra shopping like? If you saw an employee stealing toilet paper, how would you handle it?
    I thought I did really well at the interview, maybe a little awkward, but I answered the questions well. I didn't end up getting the job and I was kind of disappointed...

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of at a previous job where you had too much work to do in not enough time and what you did   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

turned in my application in person; i downloaded it online. Got called to set up phone interview. Did phone interview and was offered a job on the spot