Victoria's Secret Stores

Updated Dec 18, 2014
Updated Dec 18, 2014

2.2

Sale's Associate Interview Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in September 2014.

I had previously applied for the job during the summer around the 4th of July. I didn't hear from anyone so I applied to other places. I was getting no where on my long job search so I called the PINK store to check on the status of my application about a month later. I was told it was because of the availability I put down and I said I could change it and was told to fill out a new application. I filled out a new application and took it up to the store. I was told to give it to a manager and right there on the spot I set up a interview date which was for 2 days later. I went to the interview and it went great. The manager I met with was so down to death and she made me feel very comfortable. She asked questions out of a pink book full of interview questions and she kind of picked at random. Questions such as why work at pink? How would you describe the PINK girl? What age do you think the PINK brand is directed too? So the interview was about 15 minutes and after we set up a second interview with another manager. The next week I met with a higher manager than the one I met with for the first interview and her questions mostly focused on my previous job which really threw me off because my previous job was in the mall as a Abercrombie Kids associate but the store is now closed. I also quit long before it closed. She asked did I know why the store closed? What my job title and description was? Why did I choose to leave (school). Did I know anyone from the job for her to contact because like I said it was closed. Were there any employees I stayed in contact with and so much more that I couldn't truly answer because the job was just a summer job while I was in high school. At the end of the interview she told me about different job positions and that if I didn't hear from her in a week to call. I called the next week and was told I would receive a phone call because the manager wasn't there. I called a few hours later and was told that I would receive a letter in the mail which I knew what that meant and I was right. I did not get the job because I did not have a strong work history even though I had great interviews and talked about available positions.

Interview Questions
    • If multiple customers needed your help how would you go about on helping them all in a timely manner.
      What is your favorite Pink clothing item?
      Why work at Pink?
      How would you describe the Pink girl in 3 worlds?
      What age is the brand directed to?
      How would you handle an angry or frustrated customer?
      At your previous job did you focus on selling or pushing an item very hard?

Answer Question

PINK Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in September 2014.

Applied in person to manager and she stopped what she was doing to ask me questions about my application like, why I'm choosing to apply to pink? What customer experience do I have? When have I had to deal with an upset client and how did I overcome it? After that about a week and a half later I got a call to set up an interview, for a few days from then. I went into the store on my interview day about 10 minutes early and was told to walk around the store because the interview was going to start on-time. When it came time to have the interview the manager had accumulated 2 other girls and we were all on our way to interview at the food court. We then sit down and she tells us about herself and more about the company. She then asked us a series of questions about our self and our experiences. After the interview she told us we would hear back from her to set up a second interview if she was interested in no more than 3 days from then. I got a phone call 5 days after the interview to set up a second interview with the store manager a week from then. I went into the store for my second interview and they weren't prepared for me, like they forgot they set it up. I went into the back with the store manager about 15 minutes after my interview was scheduled for. She asked me the same questions she asked me when I dropped off my application. And once again asked me about my availability and since I dropped off my application I was hired some where else part time, and she did not seem to like that. She wanted seasonal associates to have full time availability. Even if you do only get scheduled for one shift a week.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between servicing a customer and selling to a customer?   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in September 2014.

I found the interview process to be quick and the communication to be very through, which is very professional! The District Manager and Regional Manager were both fantastic, seem like great people you would want to work for!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. All questions regarding hiring talent, recruiting capabilities, how will you drive retail sales and overall business. Basic interview questions that most companies would ask.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Its a pretty easy process. You just go in the store to pick up an application and bring it right back into the store. The hiring manager was really nice and she called maybe the next day or so to set up an interview. The initial interview was just to see where I wanted to apply for there's beauty sport pink cashwrap etc. I chose cash wrap so she set me up with that manager and I had to go back the next day. After that interview it was about three days before I got a call. I went in to sign paper work which was the usual stuff. The next day I was on the registers. pretty east process.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions are basic job interview questions. The hardest was maybe when they asked us if we could sell them an item in the room.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

I walked in, talked to the manager, filled out a paper application, and got a call the next day inviting me in for training. There was no in-person interview, because it was a seasonal position. After a few months, I got asked to stay longer as a full-time sales associate.

There was no negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

The hiring process was fairly easy. This was my first job ever held. The manager was nice and gave me a chance--to which I was thankful for. I loved selling makeup and having a sales quota to hit everyday.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think there was a difficult question asked during the interview.   Answer Question
    None

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

They took FOREVER to get back to me and had me travel to another town to do the interview. Then had me waiting for an hour before they finally began

No negotiation

Sales Support/Cashier Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in August 2014.

Interview will be with one of the managers. Consists of a group interview done in 3's. Manager will ask a series of questions to each candidate. They usually ask 1-5 questions, duration of interview is 20-40 mins depending on the length of response to answers I'd say.
    VS is very keen to your availability they tend to base some of their decision making on this and they do call all your references! so make sure they are reliable ones and good ones.

Interview Questions
    • What did you first notice while entering the store?
      How would you sell the angel card to the customer?
      while being employed by VS, we do a little bit of everything. How do you balance out what and how you start your duties for a shift?

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in August 2014.

I had a group interview and made sure to dress in all black as recommended here. My group had two other girls. I felt the interview process wasn't that great to be honest. I was asked about three questions, and I don't feel like that is enough to get a feel of if you'd like to hire someone or not. One of the questions I remember being asked was to use three traits to describe myself.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do to sell to a customer who is "just looking?"   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Really informal interview process. I was interviewed on the sales floor, actually I thought it was kinda unprofessional because customers were walking by and staring. I also thought it was a weird interview and I wasn't sure if they were just calling me in to meet me, or hire me