Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Victoria's Secret Stores
- Sales Associate (428)
- Sales Associate/Cashier (65)
- Seasonal Sales Associate (37)
- Sales Support Associate (32)
- Cashier (30)
- Bra Specialist (15)
- PINK Sales Associate (15)
- Stock Associate (14)
- Store Manager (14)
- Retail Sales Associate (11)
- Sales Specialist (10)
- Cash Wrap (9)
- Operations and Staffing Supervisor (6)
- Sales Support (6)
- Category Manager (6)
- Product Manager (6)
- Sales Representative (5)
- Campus Representative (5)
- Assistant Store Manager (5)
- Stock (5)
- Intimates Category Manager (5)
- Customer Service Representative (5)
- Merchandise Flow Supervisor (4)
- Category Supervisor (4)
- PINK Campus Representative (4)
- Cashier/Lingerie Sales Associate (4)
- Associate (4)
- Co-Manager (4)
- Customer Service Associate (4)
- Sales (4)
- No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (New York, NY).
The person who ended up interviewing me seemed to have no idea I was coming and acted like she was winging it the entire time (writing stuff on scrap pieces of paper from her bag, for example). She was very unclear in her questions and kept her answers to mine vague.
- If you had a building how many lightbulbs would you fill it with? Answer Question
Helpful (2)Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Jersey City, NJ).
Sat in the mall area. Met with SM. asked me questions about company. What made me successful. What I knew about CEO. A lot of behavioral and experience related questions.
- What do you know about the company and structure? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (New York, NY) in August 2015.
Honestly, was hired on the spot. Was spotted shopping and offered a job. I was told that this rarely happens, so I was surprised. Then an on boarding process that involved watching a company video/orientation.
- Whats the most important part of customer service? Answer Question
Helpful (1)No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Yonkers, NY) in July 2015.
It was a 1-on-1 interview in one of the store's back office. She had a small pile of applications in front of her so I knew I wasn't her only interview today. It was relatively relaxed. Her questions focused on my assessing my ability to approach strangers, make sales. She stressed that one big focus of the job is to make that VS store the preferred one for our area. She mentioned that I'd be required to sell a minimum of $300 worth of merchandise per day. I had done research on the company, made extra copies of my resume, pre-thought some ending questions in preparation for the interview etc. but didn't really end up needing it.
- Are you comfortable approaching/striking up a conversation with a person/group of person? This job isn't just about folding the clothes and maintaing the floor -- most of it is customer interaction. 1 Answer
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (New York, NY) in May 2015.
I took my application into the store and was invited back for a group interview the next day. The interview was a store manager and one other applicant. It was kind of intimidating, not only because I had a person to directly compete with but because we did the interview in the middle of the mall in a little seating area so everyone was walking by and staring.
- Why do you want to work for this company? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Freehold, NJ) in May 2015.
After applying in person, I got a call to come in for a group interview. There were about seven of us and we were all asked the same questions. About a week later I got another call to interview with the store manager. She was very nice and I was offered a job on the spot. I started working a few days later.
- Tell me about your best and worst customer service experience. Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (New York, NY) in May 2015.
I applied online to HS, got a call about 6 weeks later. Went in for an group interview, there were like 12 individuals but they interview us in pairs. Those who applies online, had to fill out an application there on the spot. The interview lasted 10 minutes the most. A week later I was called back for a second interview which lasted for about 3 minutes. One of my reference told they got a called from then the day before my second interview.
- Why VS? What department in the store would be my choice? Answer Question
Helpful (1)No OfferNegative Experience
I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (New York, NY) in April 2015.
Did not pay attention to me. Really rude. Didnt want to know my name. Spent 5 minutes on me. Made me fill out an entire application only to tell me that i cant work there because i have to be free on weekends. I said yes i can be free in the mornings or afternoons and she said no you need to be all day available and i said more than 8 hours ? And then she told me goodbye. Kinda hurt. And i was really nice and professional. She just didnt even treat me as a normal human with respect.
- Why do you want to work here? To 1 Answer
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (New York, NY) in April 2015.
The process was very nice and smoothy. The interviewer was friendly. I got most of the questions in Glassdoor. The issue was that, during the interview process, I was not sure this is the job I wanted to do. So my expectation was showed in my answers with a gap from interviewer's.
- What do you think about customer experience? How can we improve it? Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (New York, NY) in March 2015.
took about a week to get a call back for an interview. it was a group interview of about two other people and most of the questions were pretty standard
- what makes you want to work at the pink department? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review