Victoria's Secret Stores

Updated Oct 27, 2014

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Station, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Huntington Station, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in September 2014.

I went to the store myself and handed in my application. The manager said she would pass the application down to the manager of the department I wanted to work in (Intimates) and i would receive a call soon. My phone rang a few days later for an interview in two days. The woman on the phone seemed very bubbly and friendly. I arrived, dressed in all black, and the same manager told me to wait because the girl is supposed to interview me wasn't here yet. I had to wait for 15 minutes with this other girl. The interviewer came out with another woman to help her and escorted us to the lobby of the mall. Since it was a group interview we took turns answering. When on group interviews remember to be attentive and answer with confidence and grace. I was asked the questions first so I had to act fast but not rush my answer. We were asked the typical 'Why Victoria's Secret?', 'Tell me about your work experience?' 'Why should we hire you?'..also ' describe a time where you reached your goal during difficult circumstances?, and ' have you ever seen anyone cheat?'. Basically questions that don't determine who you are but if your able to come up with an answer good enough for them. While the interviewer asked away the other woman that came with her was writing stuff down.When i would answer, the woman who was writing would look at me and kept saying 'Yes!' and nodding her head. Towards the end the interviewer tells me that i will go on another interview next week. She was about to offer me cashier, saying that was what they were looking for but i insisted on sales associate. I even said the manager told me the position was opened( Which was true) and so she said I could get that position either way...

So now i go on my second interview wondering if this is where i get the job since they basically covered everything on the first one. I go in and run into the same manager that tells me to wait. I got there super early according to her (10 minutes early to an interview is definitely not super early, its standard) and she gave me a bit of an attitude which i did not enjoy. So I wait for 10 minutes and she still doesn't show up. I ask someone else and they told me the woman would come out. 20 minutes later she finally comes out as if she was on time. She takes me to the same lobby and doesn't even apologize for anything. until we get there and shes all like ' Oh. sorry for being late'. whatever...so she proceeds to tell me 'Why Victoria's Secret?' and I'm wondering how inefficient this entire interview process is..really? again..? So what was the woman writing down on a pad, the first interview, if this one has to ask me the same thing again? They don't communicate to each other about anything i guess. I tell her that i was asked the same thing last time but will answer once more. She then asked me about my work experience..just like the first, in fact every question was identical. So then she asks me if i have any questions and i asked what the pay rate was. She answered by saying ' Here at Victoria's Secret the pay we give out is highly competitive. We would have to go through a thorough check of your references" She acted as if i could get 10 dollars an hour, yeah right they would have started me off with less and i even have experience. And that's it folks..she told me my application would be passed back to the hiring manager and to wait for a call.

All very redundant. Victoria's Secret tries to exude professionalism but fails in doing so. I will admit, this store is very deceiving. There was no need for a second interview..i wasted my time . They could have covered everything in a first one but they decide to pretend to look all professional and make a second one full of the same fluff they gave you in the first.They were late and rude. Boring overused and unoriginal interview questions but lets be honest, we are talking about a retail store. Both of the girls who interviewed me lacked a finesse for handling people..they fake smiled, weren't even genuine and came off as unintelligent. I'm sure not every VS store is like this but the one i went too really lacked in every sense. I cant believe one of my favorite stores are run by half-witted women who are incapable of handling an interview.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing difficult..the women i had to deal with couldn't even formulate a difficult question even if their lives depended on it.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in September 2014.

I found the interview process to be quick and the communication to be very through, which is very professional! The District Manager and Regional Manager were both fantastic, seem like great people you would want to work for!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. All questions regarding hiring talent, recruiting capabilities, how will you drive retail sales and overall business. Basic interview questions that most companies would ask.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in June 2014.

I printed out the application online and walked into the store to introduce myself to a manager. She then passed along my application and resume to the hiring manager, who called me in for an interview 2 days later. It was a group interview with about 4-5 other people, but you are called in to actually interview one-by-one. They want you to wear all-black and look professional. I got called back for a second interview 3 hours later, and this time it was just me and one other guy from the group interview, still being interviewed one-by-one. I didn't get a call for the job for over a week; so I followed-up after 8 days and they called me back soon after offering me the job.

Interview Questions
    The hourly pay was good considering my experience level and age. No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackensack, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackensack, NJ

I applied in-person – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Group interview. I had a great manager who hired me & one other girl because we answered the questions with good answers and we were personable. They want to see a personality and friendliness. Come in dressed for the part. A casual skirt or dress or work pants are nice, jeans is not okay.

Interview Questions
    • They want you to try to sell them something. They also ask what store you think has the best customer service & what store you think has the worst customer service. They also tell you in the beginning of the interview that they are the "best in bras." Later they ask you what VS is the best in.   Answer Question
    They based my salary on my previous work experience. I made less than the person I was hired with because she had 3 previous retail jobs, whereas I had two.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2014.

I was searching for a job and I had a friend who happened to work at the flagship Victoria's Secret at 34th Street in Manhattan. I'm a male so I figured it would be more difficult to get the job. Nevertheless, I was called in for an interview after the recommendation. It was a large group of 15 people, so I realized I needed to stand out. It seemed as though everyone else was more qualified for the job in terms of job experience, but I had better speaking skills and knew how to stand out. I was one of the few people who received an individual interview after. Many others were in groups (I guess to get them out quickly). The interviewer was polite, and the interview was just an extended conversation. As long as you show that you have a friendly personality and are willing to work hard for them, you'll get the job. It helps a lot to have open availability. They called my references two days later and approximately a week after that I was offered the job. $11 an hour, which is good because this is a seasonal position, but makes sense because it is the flagship and in midtown Manhattan. The group interview is intimidating but if you have confidence in yourself you have a good chance at getting an offer. Wear all black.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult aspect of your previous job?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They laid down the salary, I couldn't complain because it was well above what I thought they would pay me.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

I was looking around for jobs and Victoria's Secret was a company I really wanted to work for, so I looked up Victoria's Secret Careers and a page popped up from a third party site saying to send my resume to the HR department for the Herald Square location. It looked kind of sketchy, but I did it anyway. Close to a month later, I got an unexpected call to go to group interviews for the following week. I agreed and was told to wear all black. I waited around thirty minutes for the manager to come and three out of around 10 of us were called to come in. I was put in a group with much older women, but just acted myself. She asked us basic questions; go over our resume, what customer service means to us, and why VS. We were told if they wanted to proceed with us, they would call us back within two weeks and the HR manager would pick a department she feels fits your personality.

My second call came that weekend for a second interview with Pink and it was with another candidate and the manager. It was good and I felt confident, but I was also really sick and my phone kept going off. I really connected with the Pink manager though and felt hopeful. She asked us the same questions as before and added more about the specific department like who is Pink's customer, and to describe our outfits because we were asked to come in our best Pink inspired outfit. We were told the same thing: two weeks if they wanted to continue with us.

A little more than two weeks later, I got called with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Envision an inspiration board about Pink. What would it look like?   Answer Question
    They offered be $12 based on previous pay. I didn't feel the need to negotiate,

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

I interviewed for the VS Pink store. It was a group interview with about 10 interviewees and 1 manager. I assume that there is a 1:1 interview that follows however I wasn't called in for one. The group interview was very laid back. They expect you to come in dressed like you already work there (which is where I went wrong). The store dress code is very casual (VS Pink t-shirts, VS Pink sweats etc.). Do not show up in a suit or even a trendy blazer (like I did). You won't look the part and that is essential to landing the job. Be prepared to talk a lot, have a lot of energy, and show that you can fit in with the brand and sell the clothes.

Interview Questions
    • They'll probably say something like "try to sell me that sweater you're wearing" or "sell me this pen." You will be put on the spot so be prepared.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queens Village, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queens Village, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

they read it from a book, very simple what have you done before to help do this job. What are your strengths and weakness.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you come to Victoria Secret? Who would you sell a bra to someone that never wore Victoria's Secret bra before?   Answer Question
    They tell you based on your work experiences this is what you will be paid and if your really want the job you take whatever they are offering, if not don't take the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

I enjoyed this interview. I had a one on one interview with a manager since the other applicant did not show. I found the manager was very welcoming and understanding of why I left my previous job. The manager was very open to answering my questions about the position and described the duties of the position I applied for clearly.

Merchandise Flow Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Range from 2-3 interviews. If you applying from within, youll interview with the manager you'll be reporting to (depending on the volume level of the store it could either be the Product Manager, Brand Delivery & Operations Manager)

Interview Questions
    • If you're interviewing from within they'll want to know how you're prepared to handle high volume times, manage a team and give direction, and how well you know the merchandise standards both on the sales floor and in the stockroom.   Answer Question
    If you're interviewing from within the company, you're going to be offered the minimum. Try to leverage the time you've put in with a company. Also it helps is they know you're interviewing elsewhere and what other companies are willing to offer you. They only want to pay more to those from outside of the company, but they also would rather hire someone from within who already knows the store.